Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kelsyll

Our Dream House Tampines 5a

Have not been blogging the past week.

Day 19 - 31/12/10

Electrical and tiling work continues.

Meeting with the cornice guy to discuss. So in the end did simple cornice to conseal the wire trunking.

While we were there, the carpenters were there to measure the base. Convey my requirements to the carpenter. Keeping my fingers crossed that things would be smooth.

Day 20 - 1/1/11

Tilers continue working while I was busy working too. They are trying to complete the kitchen and the cabinet base.

Kitchen tiles and cabinet base completed.

Rubbish chute completed. A pity it's pink wrapper. If it is blue, will probably not tear away the protective sheet.

010.jpg

Day 21 2/1/11

Sunday no work done.

Tension building up 'cos only 1 week is left.

Day 22 3/1/11

Electrical continues. Tilers continue to work.

Toilet windows installed

040.jpg

But alas! The ventilator was installed at the shower area of the MBR. Hubby demanded that it be changed. Tilers were affected. The MBR wall tiles is affected. :(

Whoever did the measurement was just too careless. Who would want the ventilator at the shower area instead of the WC? If only they had used a little more common sense.

Day 23 4/1/11

Plumbing works.

Spent a little time making phone calls to order my cooker hood and hob. Realised have not purchased built-in-oven yet. Rushed to TM1 to place order.

Decided to call in painter to paint the bedrooms first to save time the next day.

Day 24 5/1/11

Painter started working very early. After sending our young boy to school, we reached job site at around 8:30am. The painters have already started work.

Cornice ppl yet to appear.

12 noon cooker set delivered, went down to make payment. Cornice ppl yet to appear :curse:

Called him at 2 pm, he promise to come asap. Delayed due to shortage of manpower.

Hubby still contemplating the design of dining area. :( He's going to cause a little delay.

Day 25 6/1/11

Cornice man working alone. Hubby decided to change the dining area to Lbox instead of cornice. :(

Got the electrician to come down and modify the cable point.

Bedroom doors installed. Hubby went to purchase the door lock set. Till today, I can't visualise how the door would like. Anyway, all I request is a masterkey. :dribble:

Hate to carry bunch of keys around, love the idea that one key opens all.

Cornices all done except the dining area due to our change in design. Hope everything gets completed tommorrow.

Edited by kelsyll

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I'm not aware of that. But my painter didn't say anything when he saw my request. He quoted me $1800. Initially, he didn't include the main door or any doors. But after he painted the sealer, he told me he will paint the door for me too. :dancingqueen: Was it out of good will or because we didn't have a lot of colours? So not being very calculative to negotiate the price helps after all.

Get a free copy of the dulux color swatches, feel the thickness of L&S vs other types and u can tell the thinness of the paint.