Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
friends78

王俯: The Wong's Family @ Boon Keng

Hello guys! Finally it’s my time to start my very own T-blog…..Short intro… I have just received my keys to my resale 4-room flat in Boon Keng on Monday, 10 Jan 2011. Prior before my second appt, the owners aka the sellers have graciously allowed the Fengshui Master to audit the place and the contractors to take the measurements. When the audit report with the proposed layout/colors was ready, I proceed to contact the 3 contractors that I have in mind to quote. Two of them are quite ‘famous/popular’ in this forum and I shortlisted them after spending days reading thru threads in T-Blog, under Renovation firms and service, thru recommendation and my personal experience.

Here’s my floor plan

5483952706_4bea853c34.jpg

I’m still waiting for the auspicious date to perform the ‘open door’ ceremony, hence, can’t go in yet to take photos. For a start, here are the photos which I have extracted from the valuation report

5483949648_6056b8e6da.jpg

5483356043_ca2f342718.jpg

Here are my reviews on my encounters:-

1) ID Note

My brother engaged Henry’s service to reno his Woodlands flat 2 years back. We decided to give Henry a chance after hearing my brother’s reviews. We also stalked T-blogs secretly to read the pros and cons of Henry’s work (Apologies to Marshmallow & Junwei84, u have a silent stalker all this while). On the day to meet Henry, I was late, in fact very late cos the sellers cldn’t get back in time to open the door for us. Henry spent about an hour waiting at the void deck, calling me repeatedly. His face was stoned when we arrived to fetch him up to the unit. I showed him the proposed layout that my FM had given me. He took a look, walked around the house and took the measurements. The whole process was about 10 mins with him making a few recommendations here and there. But somehow he made quite an impression cos he reminded me of a character in The Chocolate Factory movie (okie… totally irrelevant, I know….)

2) Han Yong

Han Yong renovated my first flat 5 years back and I am very satisfied with their service. Hence, I went to approach them after meeting Henry. They came to take measurements and we chatted just like old friends.

3) Basic Image

After meeting Henry and Han Yong, I decided not to trouble the sellers again by arranging another meetup. Both meetups were almost similar as we already had in mind what we wanted. We already had the layout plan which the FM has provided us with and we want to follow strictly. I proceeded to email my requirements with my floor plan to Mr Yeak to request for quote. He was very nice to entertain us even thou we only liaise via sms and thru email. Mr Yeak even smsed me around midnight to inform that the quote has been emailed to my account. Boy, I was indeed impressed!

Decisions:-

All three quotes came in within a week. The amt difference is 5 to 10%. For Han Yong, I realized that the descriptions are mostly overlay and overlay, be it flooring for the 3 rooms and bathrooms, wall tiles for the kitchen and bathrooms. Han Yong only recommended hacking of Living and kitchen flooring. As for Henry (his quote came in about 3 days later than Han Yong), he recommended hacking on everything. I called him to ask him how come people can overlay but he can’t. He replied ‘Can… but not advisable. I can recommend overlay to make your quotation look very cheap but this is a 16 years old flat leh. I scared it will give u headache as the years go by.’ The reply was indeed honest and straight to the point.

As for Basic Image, Mr Yeak’s quote was the highest among the 3. We decided to drop Basic Image without meeting for further discussion and to concentrate on the other two.

We arranged for a second meeting with Henry. This time round, we had a 3-hr discussion. We went thru the quote item by item, he was able to draw out the designs we had in mind almost immediately and he further add on a few details to make it more practical. He also promised to give us some drawings on a later stage. The chemistry is there, we are comfortable with Henry and the price is right. But since we have engaged Han Yong before, we were still inclined to engaging them again as we are very pleased with their work.

While going thru the items, Han Yong further increased the price as they realized that they forgot to include item like solid top for vanity top and wrong dimension for shoe cabinet. Also, they requested that I provide the photos/images that I want them to customize, be it kitchen cabinets, wardrobes, TV consoles, feature wall etc. We ‘sian half’ already upon hearing it. My first flat was a premium flat purchased direct from HDB with min reno that need to be done. Two main items; Kitchen and Masterbedroom wardrobe. Hence, the other time was pretty simple, I show them the pages I like from Home & Décor mag and they did it accordingly. This time we need to do a total overhaul as the current state is really cannot make it type. With a naughty 7-mth old baby who keeps us so busy every single min, where in the earth can we find time to read mag and cut out /print pictures….???

Hence, after pondering for a week, we decided to take the chance and sign with ID Note. We do hope it will be a smooth journey for us. The hacking will start on next Friday (based on the Fengshui Master’s recommended date).

To be continued……

Edited by friends78

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
............The hacking will start on next Friday (based on the Fengshui Master’s recommended date).

Welcome...another house with fengshui audit like mine!

Yr hse looks spacious!

Wishing you a smooth journey!

Welcome to boon keng and starting yr first t-blog!! Your layout is very good!! Make me envy... Hehe....

When you signed your OTP? I only getting my keys in march. :(

Welcome...another house with fengshui audit like mine!

Yr hse looks spacious!

Wishing you a smooth journey!

Thanks mae29! Yah, last time never get FM a bit regret... So this time round, engaged. Since decided to engage, must follow the 'rules & regulations' imposed by FM mah... For a 4-room with 106m2, it is indeed spacious. Luv the hse but hated the high COV but left with no choice cos it's the next block to my PIL's place (1 min walk). As we are weekend parents, to get to see our baby everyday, everything is priceless.

Welcome to boon keng and starting yr first t-blog!! Your layout is very good!! Make me envy... Hehe....

When you signed your OTP? I only getting my keys in march. :(

Mine is resale flat... got my keys liao...

Edited by friends78

Thanks mae29! Yah, last time never get FM a bit regret... So this time round, engaged. Since decided to engage, must follow the 'rules & regulations' imposed by FM mah... For a 4-room with 106m2, it is indeed spacious. Luv the hse but hated the high COV but left with no choice cos it's the next block to my PIL's place (1 min walk). As we are weekend parents, to get to see out baby everyday, everything is priceless.

mine also resale but will not get my keys so soon. my OTP signed mid nov.

Just saw your other post regarding to what you wanted to do for <$35k. I am doing less than you as in i am not doing study table and only 1 TV feature wall instead of 2 and my quote is roughly $45k incl electrical.

What is your final quote from your ID?

Thanks mae29! Yah, last time never get FM a bit regret... So this time round, engaged. Since decided to engage, must follow the 'rules & regulations' imposed by FM mah... For a 4-room with 106m2, it is indeed spacious. Luv the hse but hated the high COV but left with no choice cos it's the next block to my PIL's place (1 min walk). As we are weekend parents, to get to see out baby everyday, everything is priceless.

WOAH... 4-rm with 106m²!! Looks really spacious... for a moment, I thought it's a 5-i. :P

WOAH... 4-rm with 106m²!! Looks really spacious... for a moment, I thought it's a 5-i. :P

We actually wanted to get at least a 5-room but the valuation is way too high even for a 4 room... Can't afford so better stick to 4room.... Sigh...

We actually wanted to get at least a 5-room but the valuation is way too high even for a 4 room... Can't afford so better stick to 4room.... Sigh...

you get 106sqm 4-room which is nearly the size of 110sqm 5-room. You have a better deal!!

Finally performed the ‘Open door’ ceremony this afternoon. Huat Ah! As promised, here are the pics! Guess you guys now know why I need to do an overhaul liao right? Theirs is nothing I can retain at all! Now we can pray that Henry will do a swee swee job for us and still give some discount….

Main Entrance

maingateq.th.jpg

mainentrance.th.jpg

viewmaindiningliving.th.jpg

Finally performed the ‘Open door’ ceremony this afternoon. Huat Ah! As promised, here are the pics! Guess you guys now know why I need to do an overhaul liao right? Theirs is nothing I can retain at all! Now we can pray that Henry will do a swee swee job for us and still give some discount….

Huat ah!!! so did u throw ong lai??? :D good luck for your reno...