Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
friends78

王俯: The Wong's Family @ Boon Keng

Finally, the hacking started last friday around 12 noon... Specific timing given by FS was from 11am to 2.59pm... Went to inspect the place on weekend... Boy, they had hacked the kitchen, bathrooms so Monday will be Living & the bedrooms...

See the state of my Kitchen and Living room:

5380419517_bd3014df04.jpg

Kitchen

5380419515_5a9a23e0f9.jpg

Living

Edited by friends78

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sat 12 noon, Henry's colleague, Tony picked us up to one of the tiles shops in Balestier to choose our tiles....

So we went here:-

5380934166_24a520d447.jpg

The shop is relatively small. To me, I think the choices are quite limited but to hubby, he was pleased cos he said smaller shop, lesser designs less confusion...Anyway we spent about 2hrs plus in this shop and here are the previews:-

Masterbedroom Toilet wall tiles:

5380332785_df8711b9be.jpg

5380333221_ee0414bcba.jpg

5380332105_ac2f0568dc.jpg

Masterbedroom Toilet floor tiles:

5380335947_f03666b539.jpg

Edited by friends78

Here are the wall tiles for common toilet (My fav! Cos I have soft spot for animal skin design):-

5380330825_9ef91fa9b4.jpg

and Henry matched the wall tiles with this floor tile (we wanted grey but Henry kept saying not nice....Hubby decided to go with Henry's choice):-

5380331653_4214dac456.jpg

I really luv the wall tiles... so much that I kept taking photos of it... Come, let's take a closer look again:-

5380930900_4642b615f4.jpg

5380330025_c3391c5e85.jpg

I think it's few shops down from hafary. I was there on Friday. Bigger showroom have more to choose from. Although less confusion but u will know other choices available.

And this is the Living floor tiles... Nothing special but we just want something beige or white. I luv a particular white design which looked like marble but it was quite ex... about $4 plus... Henry cal and cal and said that we must top up about $900 if we were to choose it. Hubby upon hearing 'Top up' insisted on this beige design ... In order 'to live happily ever after' with hubby (no point fighting over tiles right?) and since I have my toilet tiles already... I decided not to fight for my rights again...

5380935566_80f21c9ab7.jpg

Sorry guys, I forgot to take photos on my Kitchen wall and floor tiles as I kept looking at my favs..... Ha! Ha!

Edited by friends78

I think it's few shops down from hafary. I was there on Friday. Bigger showroom have more to choose from. Although less confusion but u will know other choices available.

My hubby was quite happy with the choices presented to him so he thot that made his life easier

My hubby was quite happy with the choices presented to him so he thot that made his life easier

That's is good!! I went to look and yet not able to find anything I like a lot and be happy with. So now still headache for me.

That's is good!! I went to look and yet not able to find anything I like a lot and be happy with. So now still headache for me.

Don't worry... Keep searching, sure can find something u like... I think for hubby, he is more towards furniture and electronic stuff. For wall tiles, hubby is towards white, beige and black as he said it will be easier to match with furniture. Anyway he likes very simple prints... My brother was commenting that we made Henry's life too easy... He spent quite a no of hours just searching for his perfect white living room tiles. He also quite surprised when I told him we only spent 2 hrs plus confirming all the tiles... Aiyah, let's hope that everything will turn out swee swee lah...

Don't worry... Keep searching, sure can find something u like... I think for hubby, he is more towards furniture and electronic stuff. For wall tiles, hubby is towards white, beige and black as he said it will be easier to match with furniture. Anyway he likes very simple prints... My brother was commenting that we made Henry's life too easy... He spent quite a no of hours just searching for his perfect white living room tiles. He also quite surprised when I told him we only spent 2 hrs plus confirming all the tiles... Aiyah, let's hope that everything will turn out swee swee lah...

your bro more niao mah... hahaha :lol:

we made Henry went to 3 shops: first LSH, then Taugres, finally Hafary... my fault cos i saw something i like at LSH during my own recee, but when we visited again, we decided not to use it... hahahaha... spent about 3+ hours in total i think.

sometimes difficult to choose cos look nice on 1 piece by itself but might not look so nice when its whole floor with that tile.

but safe colours like white, black and beige should be fine. Sure swee swee ;)

your bro more niao mah... hahaha :lol:

we made Henry went to 3 shops: first LSH, then Taugres, finally Hafary... my fault cos i saw something i like at LSH during my own recee, but when we visited again, we decided not to use it... hahahaha... spent about 3+ hours in total i think.

sometimes difficult to choose cos look nice on 1 piece by itself but might not look so nice when its whole floor with that tile.

but safe colours like white, black and beige should be fine. Sure swee swee ;)

Wah lau...now got 3 people saying the same thing of the need to 'explore around'... Jialat... I'm having 2nd thots liao... Shd I go to see see look look again??? Ha! Ha!... Really must pray Heng Heng ah!!!

I just went to my flat... Hacking left half a living room and 2 bedrooms floor... So I guess tomorrow shd be okie hor?!

Wah lau...now got 3 people saying the same thing of the need to 'explore around'... Jialat... I'm having 2nd thots liao... Shd I go to see see look look again??? Ha! Ha!... Really must pray Heng Heng ah!!!

I just went to my flat... Hacking left half a living room and 2 bedrooms floor... So I guess tomorrow shd be okie hor?!

if you like what you have, then just stick with it ba~ i also took 1 hour more than you only mah (though i visited 3 shops) :lol:

if you like what you have, then just stick with it ba~ i also took 1 hour more than you only mah (though i visited 3 shops) :lol:

yeaa.. tiles selection varies from couples to couples. we completed our tiles selection in 2 hours @ halfary (defu lane) without our ID somemore. he must be very happy with it.

we went for safe colours (e.g. white, beige, brown) which are sight lasting that match our house theme of earth warm tone. but of course with ID ard, u can ask them for opinions /ideas to play with those mosiac tiles pattern.

yeaa.. tiles selection varies from couples to couples. we completed our tiles selection in 2 hours @ halfary (defu lane) without our ID somemore. he must be very happy with it.

we went for safe colours (e.g. white, beige, brown) which are sight lasting that match our house theme of earth warm tone. but of course with ID ard, u can ask them for opinions /ideas to play with those mosiac tiles pattern.

I think without ID even better cos it's really your choice... Sometimes ID might insist that the tiles we select r not nice, colour combination not good or agree instantly once u commented 'not bad' cos they can knock off early... I think I stick to mine lah... Safe colour can't be that bad right? BTW, your hse very nicely done up... Your baby sleeping in your room?

I think without ID even better cos it's really your choice... Sometimes ID might insist that the tiles we select r not nice, colour combination not good or agree instantly once u commented 'not bad' cos they can knock off early... I think I stick to mine lah... Safe colour can't be that bad right? BTW, your hse very nicely done up... Your baby sleeping in your room?

yaya, agreed. at least when we take own sweet time selecting, no one will pull a long face beside us. kakaka. :notti:

thanks for the comment. we want our own privacy and space, therefore baby sleeps in his own room with our maid. can close door as we on air con for baby. but cannot lock door. moreover, we sleep late becuase we watch tv, surf net and play dota. better not pass these bad influence to him. kekeke :D