Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marshmallow

Jurong Residents, Gather Here~!

Noticed that recently, there are quite a number of Jurong residents on RT~ let's gather here :yeah:

Can talk about anything here: from where to get the best food, to complaining about the ever-crowded MRT station... simply a space for all to chit chat~ :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

me first me first....

the newly-renovated coffeeshop below my block is now open 24hrs, but on weekends hor....super noisy...even at 12 midnight....people talking so loudly...

but the good thing is....if i'm hungry, i dun hv to always drive out to buy food....haha...

btw, i'm at Jurong East, near Parc Oasis condo....but not in the condo....no $$$, can't afford it :( .....lol...

me first me first....

the newly-renovated coffeeshop below my block is now open 24hrs, but on weekends hor....super noisy...even at 12 midnight....people talking so loudly...

but the good thing is....if i'm hungry, i dun hv to always drive out to buy food....haha...

btw, i'm at Jurong East, near Parc Oasis condo....but not in the condo....no $$$, can't afford it :( .....lol...

i'm also nearby, Parc Oasis is just across the road... i also can't afford a place there LOL :lol:

when i went to the wet market to buy veggie, i found the price is quite ex... my hubby said maybe they think i'm from Parc Oasis hence charge me higher~ :huh:

only yesterday, i noticed the coffee shop you mentioned. seems to be bustling with activity there wor :)

only yesterday, i noticed the coffee shop you mentioned. seems to be bustling with activity there wor :)

ya, every nite also very crowded wan. especially so on weekend nites if there's English football on. cos the coffeeshop got subscribe to mioTV. i dun nd to follow online "live" commentary. when hear "oooh....aahhh....argh....ohhh" frm downstairs, switch to the "live" commentary to check who scored or missed.....lol

thr's another wet market (sort of) further down the road that i think is quite cheap....but a bit inconvenient if u dun drive. it's ard St 41 that side. somewhere inside surrounded by the few blocks there is a collection of market stalls selling mostly veggie, fruits and other preserved stuff and spices. prices are reasonably cheap cos got competing stall rite next to each other.

if not, can try the one opposite the HDB branch office at those blk 200+ area....where the Mac is.

Newly renovated coffeeshop? Issit the one at 303? I like the prata sold at the shop next door. 347 has the peppery BKT that i like alot. My wife thinks the wet market at 505 is cheaper.

ya, every nite also very crowded wan. especially so on weekend nites if there's English football on. cos the coffeeshop got subscribe to mioTV. i dun nd to follow online "live" commentary. when hear "oooh....aahhh....argh....ohhh" frm downstairs, switch to the "live" commentary to check who scored or missed.....lol

thr's another wet market (sort of) further down the road that i think is quite cheap....but a bit inconvenient if u dun drive. it's ard St 41 that side. somewhere inside surrounded by the few blocks there is a collection of market stalls selling mostly veggie, fruits and other preserved stuff and spices. prices are reasonably cheap cos got competing stall rite next to each other.

if not, can try the one opposite the HDB branch office at those blk 200+ area....where the Mac is.

hahahaha... actually hor i enjoy reading the live commentry on soccernet... found it v humorous :P

i already identified which veggie stall is cheaper in the market opp my block (Ave 1 market)... that lady really over-charged me by a lot :curse:

nearby wet markets are:

Blk 25x area (St 24)

Blk 31x area (Ave 1)

Blk 49x area (St 41)

Blk 50x area (St 51)

please feel free to add onto the list :lol:

i heard the hawker centre at St 51 got good food... but never tried before leh haha :dribble:

Edited by marshmallow

hahahaha... actually hor i enjoy reading the live commentry on soccernet... found it v humorous :P

i already identified which veggie stall is cheaper in the market opp my block (Ave 1 market)... that lady really over-charged me by a lot :curse:

nearby wet markets are:

Blk 25x area (St 24)

Blk 31x area (Ave 1)

Blk 49x area (St 41)

Blk 50x area (St 51)

please feel free to add onto the list :lol:

i heard the hawker centre at St 51 got good food... but never tried before leh haha :dribble:

Hi all,

Am new here, currently staying at st 42, sold my flat in Dec and bought my new hm near jalan bahar there

and yes, st 51 got many new food

St 41 the coffeeshop also got quite nice food

had been staying in Jurong for the whole of my life... :P

I'm at st 41.

On top of those already mentioned, u can try taman jurong food centre. We frequent there almost every weekend, find the food there nice and cheap and alot to choose from.

Hi all,

Am new here, currently staying at st 42, sold my flat in Dec and bought my new hm near jalan bahar there

and yes, st 51 got many new food

St 41 the coffeeshop also got quite nice food

had been staying in Jurong for the whole of my life... :P

I'm at st 41.

On top of those already mentioned, u can try taman jurong food centre. We frequent there almost every weekend, find the food there nice and cheap and alot to choose from.

*wave* nice to meet all the "neighbours" here :)

oh~ actually i seldom go to Taman Jurong side... found it a bit out of the way~ must go and try the food there someday :dribble:

my fren (who stays in Taman Jurong) once said "Taman Jurong is the oldest and yet most unknown part of Jurong". I find it kinda true... haha :lol:

Newly renovated coffeeshop? Issit the one at 303? I like the prata sold at the shop next door. 347 has the peppery BKT that i like alot. My wife thinks the wet market at 505 is cheaper.

ya, tt's the one.

i also quite like the prata. but waiting time very long :(.

did i hear peppery BKT? i like also. 347 eh? tt's at the wet market tt "marshallow" mentioned rite? haven't eaten thr before, but i knw thr got a lot of food stalls.

oh btw, does anybody knw whr the nearest letterbox is, ard Parc Oasis? i found one along St 21, whr the Indian temple is. i dun see any other along the main road (East Ave 1) near Parc Oasis. :dunno:

*wave* nice to meet all the "neighbours" here :)

oh~ actually i seldom go to Taman Jurong side... found it a bit out of the way~ must go and try the food there someday :dribble:

my fren (who stays in Taman Jurong) once said "Taman Jurong is the oldest and yet most unknown part of Jurong". I find it kinda true... haha :lol:

ya, Taman Jurong a bit out of the way for those who dun drive. even though i drive, i also seldom go thr. in fact, nvr been thr b4 until ex-colleague brought us thr for lunch.....haha.

ya, tt's the one.

i also quite like the prata. but waiting time very long :(.

did i hear peppery BKT? i like also. 347 eh? tt's at the wet market tt "marshallow" mentioned rite? haven't eaten thr before, but i knw thr got a lot of food stalls.

oh btw, does anybody knw whr the nearest letterbox is, ard Parc Oasis? i found one along St 21, whr the Indian temple is. i dun see any other along the main road (East Ave 1) near Parc Oasis. :dunno:

bingo! that's the market opposite my home :yeah: the peppery BKT is quite famous, even my contractors asked if i tried that before :P was just told that the fish soup there is not bad too.

there is a post box next to this market. you can have some excuse to go for BKT when going there to post letter :lol:

there is also one at the Esso station, that's should be the one nearest to you... ;)

that's what my colleague told me too, but i'm too lazy to go all the way to St 51... :lol:

bingo! that's the market opposite my home :yeah: the peppery BKT is quite famous, even my contractors asked if i tried that before :P was just told that the fish soup there is not bad too.

there is a post box next to this market. you can have some excuse to go for BKT when going there to post letter :lol:

there is also one at the Esso station, that's should be the one nearest to you... ;)

That market sell very nice kueh too... same row as the BKT...