Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rustgal17

Water Seepage

Hi, any bro or sis can advise on the issue?

Hi,

I have not installed timber decks in my home before so I am not sure how they are fixed on. Perhaps you can call the company that installed it for you to see whether they are able to remove the screws or nails etc?? Maybe if it's just damaging a few pieces it's still okay, so long as they don't have to destroy the whole lot of timber decking?

Do you know how the timber decks are installed? e.g. nails / cement / drilling

As for your neighbour's unit downstairs, unfortunately, yup, I think you are obliged to make good their ceiling coz the stain is coming from your unit (as a result of the timber decking you installed). If you were in their shoes, I'm sure you would have wanted your neighbour upstairs to repair your ceiling too....

However if the leakage problem was due to, say, HDB installed fixtures that are now defective, e.g. HDB tiles or piping, then the cost of repair for your neighbour's unit could probably be split 50/50. It's just a guess coz HDB will always assess on a case by case basis.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It is very unlikely that a decking installer will drilled onto the tiles to fix their deck. If it does, these holes needs to patch up and the whole floor waterproofed.

No need to hack the tiles.

For waterproofing, you can contact Artco Partner for quote.

Decks are typically nail or screwed on, so removing is not as a difficult. Removing of timber deck will cause some damaged. You need to be prepared.