Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

What Brand Of Wc (toilet Bowl)?

Hi folks,

I've narrowed down to 3 brands of WC (water closets aka toilet bowls):

a) Maclaire

b) Johnson Suisse

c) Rigel

Any idea which one would last longer? For replacement of my 15-yr old Potex toilet bowl which is supplied by HDB.

Edited by edenstrauss

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes initially, I wanted to get Maclaire.

But I found out that their WC is made in China.

That common toilet with this new WC is going to be used by both visitors and tenants. If they squat on top of the WC, we are concerned that the WC will crack. And even if we tell them that they are not supposed to squat on top of the WC, there is no stopping them from doing so when the doors are closed. :unsure:

Any idea if Maclaire's WC could withstand squatting even though it's made in China?

Moreover, if the Geberit flushing mechanism needs replacement through wear and tear over time, replacement would cost probabbly cost more than $100. A friend of ours replaced hers at $150.

Johnson Suisse WC is made in Malaysia.

Rigel's is made in their own China factory and the sales rep told me that the flushing mechanism could be easily replaced by generic ones in hardware shop, so I thought that it's an average mechanism "so-so"... $200 a piece but self collection.

get a metal one. Like those you find in china train.

Confirm will not crack.

To me, WC is WC.

No such thing call lasting.

Lasting mean.. company less business. :D

Any idea if Maclaire's WC could withstand squatting even though it's made in China?

Don't know.

1st I don't knnow Maclaire's WC is made in China

2nd, I don't squat at home la :P

3rd, now.. which or what thing is not made in china.

Then u better don't buy new HDB.. b'coz now HDB contractor is China company.

Bishan that EC or DBSS is also china company.

$750k for a 5 room flat. super ex

My thought same as begof,

WC is WC

Yah, WC is WC. Unless you take a sledgehammer to it. What's more likely to go first is the flushing mechanism, as you yourself mentioned. So getting one with a simple/generic flushing mechanism will save on replacement cost.

Yes initially, I wanted to get Maclaire.

But I found out that their WC is made in China.

That common toilet with this new WC is going to be used by both visitors and tenants. If they squat on top of the WC, we are concerned that the WC will crack. And even if we tell them that they are not supposed to squat on top of the WC, there is no stopping them from doing so when the doors are closed. :unsure:

Moreover, if the Geberit flushing mechanism needs replacement through wear and tear over time, replacement would cost probabbly cost more than $100. A friend of ours replaced hers at $150.

Johnson Suisse WC is made in Malaysia.

Rigel's is made in their own China factory and the sales rep told me that the flushing mechanism could be easily replaced by generic ones in hardware shop, so I thought that it's an average mechanism "so-so"... $200 a piece but self collection.

I don't think toilet bowls will crack if someone squats on it. It probably will crack only if someone drops something heavy into it (e.g. if you have a bidet and it's made of metal and someone accidentally drops the bidet inside the bowl / or if the toilet seat cover comes crashing down on the top of the toilet bowl repeatedly over time)

By right, the toilet bowl shouldn't crack even if you squat on it because it is meant to take the full weight of a person (e.g. when you sit on the bowl, your full weight is also on the bowl, no different from squatting).

Squatting on toilet bowl will just make your toilet a mess coz there'll be piss and poo all over the place :D

Hi everyone,

thanks for your advice & opinion :) makes me laugh at how the poo-poo & urine would be littered all over the WC ... hahahaha

but I would be most happy if the rest of you have other inputs about WC :D

I bought the Lucia brand WC from Excel Asia. An Italian brand but probably made in China!

Don't buy those WC with cover plate which closes down slowly & automatically type. Your tenant may not have the patience to wait for the cover plate to close down slowly. They might push the cover violently & spoilt the closing mechanism.

I bought the Lucia brand WC from Excel Asia. An Italian brand but probably made in China!

Don't buy those WC with cover plate which closes down slowly & automatically type. Your tenant may not have the patience to wait for the cover plate to close down slowly. They might push the cover violently & spoilt the closing mechanism.

Ok thanks mae29 :)

I'll check out your brand of WC lucia... :D

Firstly, are there people still squatting on toilets when now most toilets are the seated kind? I can understand if women in public toilets do not seat on them. But at home, why squat when one can seat? Isn't that more ergonomical? haha If you are worried of cracking or damage to the closet, don't use wall hung. Use one that has a big flat base. I doubt ceramic will break when a larger person sits on it. Mostly seat covers will break and they are easily replaceable.

Personally I have heard of one person complaining problems using one of the above brands you have mentioned. I am avoiding that.

Geberit systems are one of the best flushing systems. One flush is all you need to do, unlike many others where you have to flush twice. One of my criterias in purchasing my water closet is that it must be Geberit. Personally I have not tried, but the many feedback I get from them, it seems they are very good.

Hi EmptyDivided,

thanks for your comments :)

Well, we have tenants who will be using the WC. We can tell them that they are not supposed to squat on WC but nobody knows what those folks would do when they enter the toilet & close the doors.

And we certainly cannot spy on them! :P

A friend of mine suggested that we casually tell them a joke while showing them into the toilet during the orientation, that somebody squat ontop & ended up getting sewed up in the hospital when the WC cracked. And how the ambulance came & half the block being alerted. hahahaha... to add on, wear a sarong for months. that was funny though... hehehehe :D

Hi EmptyDivided,

thanks for your comments :)

Well, we have tenants who will be using the WC. We can tell them that they are not supposed to squat on WC but nobody knows what those folks would do when they enter the toilet & close the doors.

And we certainly cannot spy on them! :P

A friend of mine suggested that we casually tell them a joke while showing them into the toilet during the orientation, that somebody squat ontop & ended up getting sewed up in the hospital when the WC cracked. And how the ambulance came & half the block being alerted. hahahaha... to add on, wear a sarong for months. that was funny though... hehehehe :D

Haha that sounds like a good game plan to discourage them. Put pictures on back of the toilet door to demostrate on how the toilet is to be used and sat upon. Then write a disclaimer to safekeep yourself from their strange habits.

"Bomb" proof WC.. http://www.infolink.com.au/c/Britex/New-st...-Britex-n778575 This I doubt will break.

Has anybody heard of this other brand (known as "CP-UNO") carried by Lucky Khoon at Joo Chiat? If I didn't recall wrongly, it is about $200+ including installation.

If you have, please share your feedback & review on this brand... I'm in the midst of getting a new WC finally :P

But still not sure if the flushing mechanism is strong enough.

Both my hubby & myself liked the one piece LUCIA which came with a rectangular set of flushing buttons, which would cost above $300 including installation.

If any of those parts spoil later on, we'll may have issues buying a generic replacement as the flushing buttons are normally round in hardware stores. And since the toilet flooring is already 16-18 years old, the new WC would have to go if the ceiling below our unit starts to leak... then need to buy another WC.

hmmmmm... :unsure: