Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
emobebe

Sofa With The Back Face To Main Door? Good Or Bad?

Hi,

Need some advise here....

Does anyone know whether it is good or bad when you have you a sofa with the back facing the Main Door?

EmoBebe

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oops, no no.

Table, sofa arrangement best apply strategy of : "General sits behind but oversee everything". Imgine a U-shaped, General sits at bottom of inner U, with face facing the opening.

Best to be like Emperor's cart where he sat inside - 北斗七星, surrender by 紫微垣, 太微垣 & 天市垣。

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6913/7stars.jpg

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5830/86163767.jpg

Hi,

Need some advise here....

Does anyone know whether it is good or bad when you have you a sofa with the back facing the Main Door?

EmoBebe

Edited by bepgof

I do agree that it's no good to have the sofa face the main door directly.

However, if your sofa is placed diagonally across the main door, then still not too bad.

Like in my case, the back of my sofa is placed diagonally across the main door. But the distance is very far off. more than 5-6 feet apart.

So long as u feel comfortable with it, then just stick to that layout. If u are still bothered by it, then u might want to check with your fengshui master.

Did u check with your neighbours who are staying above & below your unit? U can only use their arrangement as a reference.

Edited by edenstrauss

general rule of thumb: if a position puts u in a situation where pple can sneak up on u and scare u. its no good. if back of sofa facing door, pple coming thru the door can scare u when ur sitting on the sofa coz u can't see them coming in.

I do agree that it's no good to have the sofa face the main door directly.

However, if your sofa is placed diagonally across the main door, then still not too bad.

Like in my case, the back of my sofa is placed diagonally across the main door. But the distance is very far off. more than 5-6 feet apart.

So long as u feel comfortable with it, then just stick to that layout. If u are still bothered by it, then u might want to check with your fengshui master.

Did u check with your neighbours who are staying above & below your unit? U can only use their arrangement as a reference.

I checked with my neighbour who live opposite me because my unit and her unit same layout and ours is door to door unit. She put the sofa facing the tv console which is supported by the wall and the back of the sofa is facing the door.

Is there any solution for this others than building up the wall partition in between the door and sofa? I checked with my ID that it will be cramped a bit because my living hall quite small and i think it will hinder some move in stuff like fridge, big furniture like wardrobe etc.

Emobebe

First: get a comfortable sofa eg leather ones that can last.

I don't get it. Is there any connection between getting a comfortable sofa and positioning of my sofa in living hall???

Oops, no no.

Table, sofa arrangement best apply strategy of : "General sits behind but oversee everything". Imgine a U-shaped, General sits at bottom of inner U, with face facing the opening.

Best to be like Emperor's cart where he sat inside - 北斗七星, surrender by 紫微垣, 太微垣 & 天市垣。

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6913/7stars.jpg

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5830/86163767.jpg

Hi,

I can't viewyour images here. It seems your links are broken. By the way, is there any solution for this? Others than building up divider?

EmoBebe

I checked with my neighbour who live opposite me because my unit and her unit same layout and ours is door to door unit. She put the sofa facing the tv console which is supported by the wall and the back of the sofa is facing the door.

Is there any solution for this others than building up the wall partition in between the door and sofa? I checked with my ID that it will be cramped a bit because my living hall quite small and i think it will hinder some move in stuff like fridge, big furniture like wardrobe etc.

Emobebe

How far is the back of your sofa away from the door?

Is the back of your neighbr's sofa facing the door directly? I.e. back to back.

Or is it diagonally across each other?

Like in my case, my sofa's back is definitely diagonally across the door. But the distance is very far off.

Do you happen to have a layout of your floor plan?

Here are the picts:

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7422/35114024.jpg

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8359/starsign0607.jpg

Why domain unregistered?

Hi,

I can't viewyour images here. It seems your links are broken. By the way, is there any solution for this? Others than building up divider?

EmoBebe

Edited by bepgof

Gd morning bepgof :)

Duno why unregistered. Told to alert IT but their mailbox is full liaozzz.

Maybe I want to change avatar to those cute cute type of icons... Or retain this cute froggie whose frozen in an ice cube :P

But I noticed that quite a number of imageshack images couldn't be displayed if we use URL addresses.

Yours which u copied is the image address, not URL. Avatar uses URL addresses for external platforms.

Edited by edenstrauss