Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
skyvers

Flat Inspection Before Completion Date

built-in wardrobe only.

I heard even has all room door missing one.

Ceiling light missing

Basically left the 4 walls.

Wah, this one best. I thought built-in wardrobe & doors are include into the valuation report :deal: Can we report to HDB? :curse:

Edited by davidbslee

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
built-in wardrobe only.

I heard even has all room door missing one.

Ceiling light missing

Basically left the 4 walls.

hahaha what he meant was, he expected other things to be taken away but he wouldn't imagine they removed the built-in wardrobe as well. can they reuse the built-in wardrobe in new house?? and my colleague got a shock cos they were expecting to keep the built-in wardrobe.....

Wah, this one best. I thought built-in wardrobe & doors are include into the valuation report :deal: Can we report to HDB? :curse:

my colleague is a very nice guy. he really sian 1/2 when he saw those stuff removed, but he thought he wouldn't pursue the matter....

wah your buyer is really one kind. they should respect the seller if they turn down the request to do measurement nicely - some pple just like to have more privacy, or sometimes the house is too messy as seller is also in the mist of packing and shifting.

yup..we didnt allowed them bcos the house was so messy with boxes & other stuff.. Even the toilet lights blow and MBR light flicker they asked us to rectify and change for them 8| ..worst..they ask us to buy battery for the fan controller!!! :bangwall: They are lucky as my husband is the quiet type guy who didnt like to find any fault with others..and my husband just change the lights and buy battery for them.. I just pity my neighbours.. But always believe in karma..as what goes around comes around..and may they find a worse buyer than them when they want to sell that house in future :sport-smiley-018:

I have bought a resale flat in Feb this year and the completion date is at end of March. The HDB have already approved the resale application and told us to inspect the flat prior to the completion date. What do we look out for during the inspection?

HDB's website stated at the completion date "The buyer confirms that the flat has been vacated and its condition is acceptable". How do we determine that its condition is acceptable? What is deemed acceptable by the seller might not be acceptable to me. Do I use the valuation report as the benchmark for assessing the condition? It has been quite a few months ago since we last viewed the flat. Our concern is that since the owners already shifting out, they will not take good care of this current flat. In the event that the condition now is much worse than the time when we last viewed the flat, what can we do?

Have anyone encounter similar situations before?

Would appreciate any advice or comments regarding the above. Thanks:)

[/quote

Hi

Am new to this forum.. just curious.. Did you check that there are no water stain at your toilets ceiling? Cos i am a new hdb flat owner and i checked my toilet ceiling near the piping and notice water stain.. HDB came and inform me that since I have reported before moving in I am not required to pay for the repair jobs.. If not, then i would be liable to pay 25% of the repair cost although it is the top unit having leakage..

:)

While selling the my condo, during OTP signing, inventory list was created and counter signed. I let them in for valuation/measurement before completion, 2 or 3 times. I asked buyer to call me direct for such arrangement, bypass agents. Initially arranged a date for "final inspection", due to trust, buyer said don't need. I even invited them to my new place. Passed keys to lawyer.

While buying present resale hdb 5rm, told seller "throw whatever you can throw", specifically told them they can throw away doors, wc, sinks, lighting, all carpentry, aircon, wiring, even flooring tiles... if they wanted to. But make sure the walls, floor and ceiling remained there. Received keys from them about one wk before 2nd appt. I have their existing contact no & address.

wah your buyer is really one kind. they should respect the seller if they turn down the request to do measurement nicely - some pple just like to have more privacy, or sometimes the house is too messy as seller is also in the mist of packing and shifting.

agree fully on the inventory list - that's why the inventory list is there, rite? ;)

my colleague told me that he did inspection few days before 2nd appointment, and guess what? right after 2nd appointment when they went to the new home, all the built-in wardrobe disappeared....... :jawdrop:

Edited by bepgof

Common law = common senses which covered areas/subjects not covered by stipulated legal Acts. It is always safer to prepare an "2-way counter signed" inventory list way before completion date, so no disputes on completion day.

For existing reslae 5 rm, I specifically told agent (buyer & seller)need not to prepare any checklist/inventory list, seller can throw whatever they could throw.

Can HDB use "common law"?
Edited by bepgof

Wow. Thanks for all the advice and sharing of your experiences. Definitely helped in framing my expectations regarding the final inspection.

I guess that buyers are always at the losing end. Moral of the story is to always get any "black and white" whenever possible. For my case, seller requested for delay in 1st appt date and we agreed on goodwill. They again requested for later completion date and allow us to start renovation early. But we didn't want to start until we get the keys so we requested that we can bring ID down to take measurements before the completion date. We agreed on goodwill. And the seller "supposedly agreed" to our request but no black and white. But now the seller agent told us that owner never agree on anything and told us to use the floorplan for renovation. :bangwall: All we wanted was to take some simple measurements which are not in the HDB floorplan so that we can kickstart our discussion with our ID. I don't think it's unreasonable since the sellers seems to have vacated the flat already. Feel quite sad that all our goodwill were being taken advantage of.

With sellers of such integrity, I fear that more surprises awaits when i do my final inspection. Furthermore my sellers are PRs who are revoking their PR statuses and going back to their country so if there is anything wrong with the flat, it would be almost impossible to find them after the completion date.Therefore I ask if there is any other benchmark other than "black and white" inventory list that would be reasonable for me to assess the condition of the flat during the final inspection. I guess that I got my answer alr: no "black and white"=just hope for the best:(

My flat inspection is tomorrow and I am only reading this now! No black or white etc... die lah... until now then come and hug Buddha's leg... :P

skyvers, did everything turn out right for your flat inspection and 2nd appt???

How come ur first appointment later than mine, but 2nd appointment earlier???

With sellers of such integrity, I fear that more surprises awaits when i do my final inspection. Furthermore my sellers are PRs who are revoking their PR statuses and going back to their country so if there is anything wrong with the flat, it would be almost impossible to find them after the completion date.Therefore I ask if there is any other benchmark other than "black and white" inventory list that would be reasonable for me to assess the condition of the flat during the final inspection. I guess that I got my answer alr: no "black and white"=just hope for the best:(

aiyo now then i read this. my seller was in the same situation cos their PR extension not approved. so during 2nd appointment day, we got everything settled in monetary terms... for e.g. seller supposed to make good the spalling ceiling, but they can't do since not in SG, so we got contractor to quote and they just pay us the $.

My flat inspection is tomorrow and I am only reading this now! No black or white etc... die lah... until now then come and hug Buddha's leg... :P

standard 2nd appointment date is 6 to 8 weeks after 1st appointment. during 1st appointment, if you just go by the 1st available completion date, it will be 6 weeks away (like skyver case). in your case, it is the maximum 8 weeks, also quite normal as sellers need time to shift out and will ask for maximum allowable time. of course, both buyer and seller must agree on the completion date ;)

I thought for the 2nd appointment 6 - 8 wks is depend on the seller.

Buyer has no say.

If the seller want 8 wk but buyer want 6 wk.

HDB office will take in seller request 8 wk.

Hi all,

I guess luckily today I came across this topic. My inspection will be due on next month before the final completion date. I have no particular things in mind to inspect since I will do major overhaul but I still have some items which is supposed belong to us when we agreed to buy over the flat like oven, airconds, hob, hood...etc

My agent did an inventory list for me during the first day we agreed to buy over this unit. I guess I will be using this as a guideline and hopefully the sellers won't make me vomit blood again since some bad incidents happened before that.

And I will remind myself that to ask them to move their shoe rack bench outside of the unit cos I think they will probably dump it there.

Thanks to all of you who done your sharing here!

Cheers:) Emobebe

No list, inspect what, 4 walls + 1 ceiling? No pre-consensus, no paper signed, then no inspection. If were to inspect, just a waste of time & effort.

Yes, no list should inspect 4 walls & 1 ceiling also....why..?

Sometimes the seller still staying there with everything not moved!

Oops. Sorry for the late reply. Let me share my experience

I managed to visit my house on the 7th March to let my contractor to take a look at my place to kickstart our renovation discussion after much coordination between my agent and seller agent. Seller agent insists that no black and white for 2 inspections so cannot guarantee this first visit until very late. When we go to the house, it was the owner's friend who open the door for us and he told us that the seller agent never give clear info to him on when we are coming over. :curse: Since we still manage to view the house in time, it's still acceptable.

More bad experience followed. After that we arrange for second inspection to be the night before the completion date. Time and date was confirmed between my agent and the seller agent. However when both my agent and I went over for inspection, no one was there!! Worse still, we try to contact the seller agent but to no avail. Then I decided that I will call my lawyer to call off the completion since i didn't do the second inspection( during the 1st inspection, all the furniture are still around). At the same time, my agent will try to contact the seller agent. My lawyer advises me that to try not to postpone the completion because of charges that might be incurred for reissue of cashier order at a later date. Luckily my agent manage to contact the seller agent to arrange for an inspection during lunchtime. I did went down during lunch since it quite near my workplace to check that everything is fine before asking the lawyer to proceed with completion at 320pm. The owner's son was there to open the door and he told us that the agent never inform him about the inspection the night before :curse::curse: . This seller agent really took the money and bochup siah.

I must say that I am really quite frustated by all this unpleasant incidents.Well.. At least I got the keys already;) Almost postponed completion but luckily didn't.

As for the early second appointment date, we have an agreement with the sellers to set the completion date 6 weeks from 1st appointment because they requested for delay of 1st appointment. By right my first appointment should be 1 month earlier.

Yes, no list should inspect 4 walls & 1 ceiling also....why..?

Sometimes the seller still staying there with everything not moved!

According to Option To Purchase, Clause 19, Delivery of possession.

19.1 States that the flat is to be sold with vacant possession on completion. (if buyer is unable to confirm vacant possession then this clause is violated).

19.2 States that Seller must allow the Buyer to conduct a final inspection of the Flat on or before the Completion Date. (If this is also not carried out, then the seller have violated this clause too)

Therefore I think the buyer should still inspect to confirm vacant possession unless prior agreement to keep some of the furniture.

Oops. Sorry for the late reply. Let me share my experience

I managed to visit my house on the 7th March to let my contractor to take a look at my place to kickstart our renovation discussion after much coordination between my agent and seller agent. Seller agent insists that no black and white for 2 inspections so cannot guarantee this first visit until very late. When we go to the house, it was the owner's friend who open the door for us and he told us that the seller agent never give clear info to him on when we are coming over. :curse: Since we still manage to view the house in time, it's still acceptable.

More bad experience followed. After that we arrange for second inspection to be the night before the completion date. Time and date was confirmed between my agent and the seller agent. However when both my agent and I went over for inspection, no one was there!! Worse still, we try to contact the seller agent but to no avail. Then I decided that I will call my lawyer to call off the completion since i didn't do the second inspection( during the 1st inspection, all the furniture are still around). At the same time, my agent will try to contact the seller agent. My lawyer advises me that to try not to postpone the completion because of charges that might be incurred for reissue of cashier order at a later date. Luckily my agent manage to contact the seller agent to arrange for an inspection during lunchtime. I did went down during lunch since it quite near my workplace to check that everything is fine before asking the lawyer to proceed with completion at 320pm. The owner's son was there to open the door and he told us that the agent never inform him about the inspection the night before :curse::curse: . This seller agent really took the money and bochup siah.

I must say that I am really quite frustated by all this unpleasant incidents.Well.. At least I got the keys already;) Almost postponed completion but luckily didn't.

As for the early second appointment date, we have an agreement with the sellers to set the completion date 6 weeks from 1st appointment because they requested for delay of 1st appointment. By right my first appointment should be 1 month earlier.

I have a similar experience as per yours. First appointment delay by a month and then now delay again for 2nd appointment. I almost back out but after do my math calculation I will lose more than gain. So what to do, i think there is an oversight on this property law where it protect seller more than buyer. I hope this coming inspection date won't give me any more unpleasant issue. Keep my fingers cross!!