Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro

Mansionette In The East

Stairwell

Very clean and empty for now, boxed up the recess areas to give it an even cleaner look. Little hole in top right corner to be patched.

stairwell.jpg

You conceal the wiring for the wall lamp inside the recess area?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
You conceal the wiring for the wall lamp inside the recess area?

Yup, dig small trench into the wall and patch up. Ceiling fan also, so I don't need to do false ceiling. Not very HDB approved I think, but who'd go check the details?

Yup, dig small trench into the wall and patch up. Ceiling fan also, so I don't need to do false ceiling. Not very HDB approved I think, but who'd go check the details?

i want to do that also.

by the way, how much you pay to patch up the wall at the stairwell?

i want to do that also.

by the way, how much you pay to patch up the wall at the stairwell?

chum siong with contractor la, no extra cost. i only asked to do for the ceiling fan, they automatic do for my wall light also. He threw in a bit of free work here n there. Wall had weird notches, he also help patch.

But the boxup not free, was in initial quote. Lump together with a lot of other boxups in the house, not very good measure bah.

Edited by Soichiro

Got Croatia 3 pc Breakfast Island Set at Courts... turned out to be a DIY set! haha.. but for $99, can't expect much. Lugged it home myself!

Here's a pic of the Fiesta set, looks similar except the chairs aren't cushioned.

ip019558.jpg

Edited by Soichiro

Bought fridge! Mitsubishi MR-V45B-DS

MR-V45B.jpg

And washing machine! Brandt WTC-9685 (TL)

Top load but side spin and very slim, just nice for my tiny kitchen.

bcp1370986.jpg

Edited by Soichiro

Bought fridge! Mitsubishi MR-V45B-DS

MR-V45B.jpg

And washing machine! Brandt WTC-9685 (TL)

Top load but side spin and very slim, just nice for my tiny kitchen.

bcp1370986.jpg

that is a very nice fridge.... good buy!!!

do you think 6kg is enough? 6kg only can wash a set of king size bedsheet only leh....

do you think 6kg is enough? 6kg only can wash a set of king size bedsheet only leh....

Maybe he thinks 6kg is sufficient for now... but somehow, i think next time, if got kids, prob will need bigger ones... and maybe by then, it's time to upgrade the washing machine? hmmm...

i only wanted a 8 - 8.5kg... somehow, we got a 9.5kg... coz the salesperson recommended...

oh well...

Maybe he thinks 6kg is sufficient for now... but somehow, i think next time, if got kids, prob will need bigger ones... and maybe by then, it's time to upgrade the washing machine? hmmm...

i only wanted a 8 - 8.5kg... somehow, we got a 9.5kg... coz the salesperson recommended...

oh well...

We got it coz it fits into our kitchen leh. Wife's family uses that size and she said its sufficient for them. They don't have king sized bedsheet, but family of 4 adults, seemed ok for them?

We got it coz it fits into our kitchen leh. Wife's family uses that size and she said its sufficient for them. They don't have king sized bedsheet, but family of 4 adults, seemed ok for them?

actually... my colleague also told me 6.5kg is enough...

but again, i think it depends on individual lifestyle la...

think for us, so lazy one... maybe might just wash once a week, during weekends...

so might need a slightly bigger load one... coz also dun want to wash at max load all the time... :P

think for us, so lazy one... maybe might just wash once a week, during weekends...

so might need a slightly bigger load one... coz also dun want to wash at max load all the time... :P

Haha, yah lor. Another consideration is... do you have enough space to dry your clothes if you wash that much? I know I don't. In fact I'm facing a little problem with that... will elaborate later.

Haha, yah lor. Another consideration is... do you have enough space to dry your clothes if you wash that much? I know I don't. In fact I'm facing a little problem with that... will elaborate later.

Well... That "hang dry space" is a valid pt la. LOL... I also don't know leh. Must check with the rest of the EM owners. I think some either use dryer or hang at balcony. Think hang indoors also got la.

Hmmm... How much able to hang also depends on how you hang the clothes, right?

Anyway, there's also the balcony where I'll prob get that portable pair of bamboo poles holders, for those days whereby I need to hang and sun my bedsheets or quilt, etc.

As for using 6.5kg WM, those who "survive" esp with 4 adults or toddlers, prob have to do laundry every alternate days.

I did ask my other colleague how he washes the bedsheets and stuff. He mentioned once that he tried to wash and dry using dryer. The results were not very gd. Very crumpled etc. Hence from then on, he will send his bedsheets and stuff to the laundry shop to clean. They even iron it and it feels more shiok, like in hotels(?)

Oh well... Different people different lifestyles and expectations and also different "pocket depth".

Oh... Btw, he lives in a condo. So no hanging of clothes outside. :P

Edited by csingeu

As for using 6.5kg WM, those who "survive" esp with 4 adults or toddlers, prob have to do laundry every alternate days.

6kg washer user reporting :lol: 6kg is enough... my parents also have been using 5.5kg one for years (also the slim type Brandt one). can wash a set of queen size, comforter and still can throw in some clothes ;)

no need to do laundry alternate days... now i am doing laundry once a week. of course parents' place is more often when we were still living there (family of 5), but definitely not alternate days... maybe every 3, 4 days or so?

key point is, dun anyhow change clothes. i know some pple that has 3 sets of clothes in just one day, which is totally unnecessary... like that surely need to wash very often, waste water also~ :lol:

6kg washer user reporting :lol: 6kg is enough... my parents also have been using 5.5kg one for years (also the slim type Brandt one). can wash a set of queen size, comforter and still can throw in some clothes ;)

no need to do laundry alternate days... now i am doing laundry once a week. of course parents' place is more often when we were still living there (family of 5), but definitely not alternate days... maybe every 3, 4 days or so?

key point is, dun anyhow change clothes. i know some pple that has 3 sets of clothes in just one day, which is totally unnecessary... like that surely need to wash very often, waste water also~ :lol:

true la... i also feel mine 9.5kg is an overkill... maybe i should just go for 8kg or so... LOL...

i also don't want to wash too often... but i think sometimes, if exercise and sweat a lot, then prob would want to wash the clothes asap...

hopefully got those quick wash mode, which maybe use less water (?)

actually, i don't know the size of the WM at my current place now... i think i might be a 6.5kg or so...

think if once a week, wash my own clothes + my wife (who, at the moment, stay over during weekends)... it's almost full capacity le...

then my parents' usually will wash theirs during weekdays...

if need to wash towels and bedsheets, might have to stagger the washing cycle a bit...

plus... next time, i'm getting fabric sofa... i think a bigger capacity one... maybe easier to use to wash the sofa cover... but then again... i might just send to the laundry shop... :P

true la... i also feel mine 9.5kg is an overkill... maybe i should just go for 8kg or so... LOL...

i also don't want to wash too often... but i think sometimes, if exercise and sweat a lot, then prob would want to wash the clothes asap...

hopefully got those quick wash mode, which maybe use less water (?)

actually, i don't know the size of the WM at my current place now... i think i might be a 6.5kg or so...

think if once a week, wash my own clothes + my wife (who, at the moment, stay over during weekends)... it's almost full capacity le...

then my parents' usually will wash theirs during weekdays...

if need to wash towels and bedsheets, might have to stagger the washing cycle a bit...

plus... next time, i'm getting fabric sofa... i think a bigger capacity one... maybe easier to use to wash the sofa cover... but then again... i might just send to the laundry shop... :P

heh think we can still live with 6.5kg. In any case, if I have sweaty clothes, will be made to wash them separately from the normal day to day clothes. Also can't do altogether! :P

For drying of clothes, we only have a small area to hang, if it is raining. Of course, will try to put in balcony whenever possible coz we have morning sun to help. Last time used to have some space to hang on ceiling, but now light is repositioned, so I can't hang the clothes there anymore. Even if I do, need to saw the bamboo poles shorter -- which may not work for bedsheets.

kitchen.jpg