Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro

Mansionette In The East

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi...Thanks for the picture. Btw, we have decided to place the 2 compressor at the balcony..

Seriously it looks ugly and super big :jawdrop:

Maybe he thinks 6kg is sufficient for now... but somehow, i think next time, if got kids, prob will need bigger ones... and maybe by then, it's time to upgrade the washing machine? hmmm...

i only wanted a 8 - 8.5kg... somehow, we got a 9.5kg... coz the salesperson recommended...

oh well...

Whoa 9.5kg!!! u sure or not? what are the things that u want to wash?.. 7kg shud be enough to wash a king size comforter :P

Fridge looks good. How many litres?

Thanks, 385L~ big enough for us :)

Hi...Thanks for the picture. Btw, we have decided to place the 2 compressor at the balcony..

Seriously it looks ugly and super big :jawdrop:

Wah, so really cannot put at the corridor? HDB said cannot?

Whoa 9.5kg!!! u sure or not? what are the things that u want to wash?.. 7kg shud be enough to wash a king size comforter :P

Wash a football team's jerseys... lol

Now still have some issues to iron out:

1) Internal area to hang clothes (when it rains)

Ceiling not enough space in kitchen >.<

2) Fabric vs Leather Sofa?

We don't like patterns on the sofa, but might opt for fabric coz scared that leather seats trap heat, is that true?

3) TV

Wondering... if I don't have Starhub nor Singtel TV... can I still use Starhub cable socket to get digital channel 5, channel 8, etc?

4) Curtains

The aircon guys installed the trunking too low, right above the window grilles. Only realized after everything done, too late to change. Are there any particular curtains that require minimal space to install, except for stick-ons?

Thanks, 385L~ big enough for us :)

Wash a football team's jerseys... lol

LOL... think we have overspec-ed from our initial estimation.

Fridge: initally just wanted something near to 400L (maybe a 375L or a 385 L)... then now... I think it's a 475L... *dots*

The washing machine also... initially wanted ard 7.5-8kg... now freaking 9.5kg...

*faint*

Now still have some issues to iron out:

wah... i better take this into consideration, when planning my kitchen ceiling lights... hmmm...

2) Fabric vs Leather Sofa?

We don't like patterns on the sofa, but might opt for fabric coz scared that leather seats trap heat, is that true?

my current place using leather... my wife's place using fabric...

she *swears* by fabric:

1. fabric is much cooler; sweat won't stick on you when u take a nap there (more "breathable"); the cooling fact is from some websites i've read from

2. fabric is "relatively" easier to maintain; think this is subjective; if you spill liquids on your sofa, even though can wash the covers, but the liquids would have seeped into the cushion seats... in fact, leather also need caring... need to use those products to protect/nourish your leather... if not, might dry & crack... maybe the high quality leather... won't be so jia-lat..

3. fabric is "relatively" easier to do upholstery or "change look"; can "quite" easier order a new set of sofa covers next time, to change look... but then again... whether your cushions still retain its firmness is questionable... for my Cellini ELDA sofa, i asked what's the price of ordering another set of sofa covers (i wanted 1 creamy/beigey one; and 1 darker shade, ie. dark drey/brown kind)... it's like $700-800+ per set... :jawdrop:

3) TV

Wondering... if I don't have Starhub nor Singtel TV... can I still use Starhub cable socket to get digital channel 5, channel 8, etc?

maybe... think you might need some digital tv tuner box or wat... or maybe your tv comes with built-in one... hmmm...

4) Curtains

The aircon guys installed the trunking too low, right above the window grilles. Only realized after everything done, too late to change. Are there any particular curtains that require minimal space to install, except for stick-ons?

I haven't consider my curtains yet... *headache*... might just use ikea rod curtains... :P

Edited by csingeu

Wah, so really cannot put at the corridor? HDB said cannot?

nah..I didnt chk with them..non of my neighbours did like yours..so conclusion, i dont want to be diff from the rest hahaha.. :P

Fridge: initally just wanted something near to 400L (maybe a 375L or a 385 L)... then now... I think it's a 475L... *dots*

The washing machine also... initially wanted ard 7.5-8kg... now freaking 9.5kg...

*faint*

i don't think a 375l or 385l will be enough loh.... near to 500l is ok as you won't be changing your fridge every 3-4 years, right? by 3-4 years time, you will have babies already and then you will realised there are tons of things you will need to keep in the fridge.

most of my friends that just got married, thought small fridge is ok but after living for 2-3 years, now needed bigger fridges.

to me, the less ppl you have at home, the bigger the fridge you need as you need to store a lot of extra food (ie if you buy a whole chicken, you won't cook the whole at 1 go... or chinese herbs that you bought in a packet won't boil soup with all at 1 go, or your sauces etc). If you have big family, its ok to leave them outside as very fast you will finish using, but small family, you need to keep in fridge to last longer.

that's my logic lah.... don't know whether it works for everyone or not. ;)

*faint*

lol.... you got EM doesn't mean unlimited space wor, but at least you are prepared for a big family!

my current place using leather... my wife's place using fabric...

she *swears* by fabric:

1. fabric is much cooler; sweat won't stick on you when u take a nap there (more "breathable"); the cooling fact is from some websites i've read from

2. fabric is "relatively" easier to maintain; think this is subjective; if you spill liquids on your sofa, even though can wash the covers, but the liquids would have seeped into the cushion seats... in fact, leather also need caring... need to use those products to protect/nourish your leather... if not, might dry & crack... maybe the high quality leather... won't be so jia-lat..

3. fabric is "relatively" easier to do upholstery or "change look"; can "quite" easier order a new set of sofa covers next time, to change look... but then again... whether your cushions still retain its firmness is questionable... for my Cellini ELDA sofa, i asked what's the price of ordering another set of sofa covers (i wanted 1 creamy/beigey one; and 1 darker shade, ie. dark drey/brown kind)... it's like $700-800+ per set... :jawdrop:

Yes thats what my wife said. haha. I just thought its leh chey to take out and wash, when a leather one just needs a good wipe and proper protective wipes occasionally. Spill coffee also not scared!

maybe... think you might need some digital tv tuner box or wat... or maybe your tv comes with built-in one... hmmm...

Yeah thought so. Sian, don't feel like getting starhub now but thats the only socket I have for now.

I haven't consider my curtains yet... *headache*... might just use ikea rod curtains... :P

Must consider when doing aircon trunking. Mine installed the trunking at where I was supposed to put curtains.

nah..I didnt chk with them..non of my neighbours did like yours..so conclusion, i dont want to be diff from the rest hahaha.. :P

Orhhh.. heh, ok, but u need to pay extra for the stainless steel tray for each compressor, at least $200 extra?

Orhhh.. heh, ok, but u need to pay extra for the stainless steel tray for each compressor, at least $200 extra?

yup, I check with my Mechanical Engineer and he remind me to ask for drain tray since my compressor will be at balcony. Im still in dilema whether to run my trunking inside false ceiling or below.. Engineer ask me to put inside as what he say, it will look nice and hardly FCU get spoilt..but contractor ask me to put it below, if anything wrong can easily repair.. now I got 2wks to think :dunno:

ha even if only 2 pax, i will buy at least a 8.5kg washing machine and a close to 500l for fridge. i need a fridge deep enough to fit in a cake just in case you need to celebrate birthdays coz i do entertain at times. some fridges cannot make it as some are too shallow in depth.. these items can last at least 10 yrs. especially when our families are expected to grow. thus, i prepare for the bigger space unless you have much space to play with without any constraint of fixed kitchen carpentry.

Mine quoted me abt $112 for the extra stainless steel tray... though madwarrior told us that we could have asked for free... (i think different companies la... :P)

yup, I check with my Mechanical Engineer and he remind me to ask for drain tray since my compressor will be at balcony. Im still in dilema whether to run my trunking inside false ceiling or below.. Engineer ask me to put inside as what he say, it will look nice and hardly FCU get spoilt..but contractor ask me to put it below, if anything wrong can easily repair.. now I got 2wks to think :dunno:

yah... the aircon guy when doing site survey at my place... also tell me gd to have the drain tray, if not the compressor water will drip in the balcony and create some discolouration of the floor tiles after some time...

he also recommended me to run the trunking inside the L-box.... coz it's nicer... but contractor told me to put the trunking underneath the L-box, in case leak or wat... easier to repair and service...

but i'm likely to run into the L-box la...

ha even if only 2 pax, i will buy at least a 8.5kg washing machine and a close to 500l for fridge. i need a fridge deep enough to fit in a cake just in case you need to celebrate birthdays coz i do entertain at times. some fridges cannot make it as some are too shallow in depth.. these items can last at least 10 yrs. especially when our families are expected to grow. thus, i prepare for the bigger space unless you have much space to play with without any constraint of fixed kitchen carpentry.

For fridge, i changed because my dad was telling me to get a 2-door kind... it's bigger etc... coz he's the cook at home, i think he understands why a bigger fridge is better... same reasons as when you mentioned...

esp during festive seasons, whereby family gatherings, etc are common... the extra space will be needed...

he said.. even if it's just to put lots of heinkein bottled beers, like in the commercial, also more shiok... LOL...

3) TV

what do you mean by digital Channel 5, 8?

i am using Starhub maxonline without cable TV, they supply a spliter - one side goes to cable modem, the other side goes to TV.

hmmm for laundry... can you hang on the right hand side of the kitchen (refering to your kitchen photo)? looks like quite spacious there.

i don't think a 375l or 385l will be enough loh.... near to 500l is ok as you won't be changing your fridge every 3-4 years, right? by 3-4 years time, you will have babies already and then you will realised there are tons of things you will need to keep in the fridge.

most of my friends that just got married, thought small fridge is ok but after living for 2-3 years, now needed bigger fridges.

to me, the less ppl you have at home, the bigger the fridge you need as you need to store a lot of extra food (ie if you buy a whole chicken, you won't cook the whole at 1 go... or chinese herbs that you bought in a packet won't boil soup with all at 1 go, or your sauces etc). If you have big family, its ok to leave them outside as very fast you will finish using, but small family, you need to keep in fridge to last longer.

that's my logic lah.... don't know whether it works for everyone or not. ;)

hahaha i think i said before, my fridge is 358L... more than enough for us~ back in sis place when there were 3 of us and cook daily, the fridge also about that size.

it really depends on your lifestyle... so far from the stuff bro Soichiro is buying, i think we are quite similar in terms of appliance size requirement... hahaha :lol: