Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Serangoon4room

My New Home - Serangoon 4 Room

Dear Readers!

We finally got our new home at Serangoon Ave 3, a 4 Room resale 84 sqm.

Started reading on the T-blog and thought of creating one myself.

here's our floorplan.

FloorPlan.jpg

We are totally lost in Renovations stuff.. A lot of reading to catch up.

Any readers know of any TBlog postings of similar floorplan?

Hoping to get tips from them.

Thanks!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear Readers!

Finally read a few posts. I'm impressed by this forum!!! so much reno information!

I have put in my very own first design.

After:

FloorPlanIdeaI.jpg

Before:

FloorPlan.jpg

Pls feel free to provide any advice, whether it's realistic, what to look out for, or any fengshui taboo!!!

Thanks!!

Edited by Serangoon4room

Dear Readers!

Finally read a few posts. I'm impressed by this forum!!! so much reno information!

I have put in my very own first design.

After:

FloorPlanIdeaI.jpg

Before:

FloorPlan.jpg

Pls feel free to provide any advice, whether it's realistic, what to look out for, or any fengshui taboo!!!

Thanks!!

Edited by Serangoon4room

Floor Planner is fun!

Anyone experienced aircon not able to cool the living room because the kitchen is open concept.

I'm quite worried, so decided to install foldable doors.

Views?

welcome to t-blog, you are very good at floorplanner.

the place i am currently staying in is a 3room, 82sqm. we have an open concept kitchen that is horizontal to our living room (while yours is vertical to your living rm) to let in light and for better air circulation, about 2 years ago we installed a LG non-inverter air con in the living and master bedroom. So far it takes longer to cool down the living/ kitchen and we turn it on at 18deg while we use 24 deg for the MBR but once the living room is cool, it is fine - nice and cool. However, do note that we dont turn on the aircon in the living room except when we really cannot take the heat so if you're going to be turning it on often then the doors will definitely help alot. HTHs

Edited by sleek

Cool! Which floor you stay? Just got your key?

You might want to reconsider having an island in the kitchen due to space constraint.

Your planned layout for mbr is similar to mine in "eating up" the next bedroom keke

Although the living room is not huge, it is still better to have a door for kitchen if plan to have aircon and open kitchen.

Having a glass sliding door looks pretty nice fir open kitchen too :)

Floor Planner is fun!

FloorPlan3D.jpg

Anyone experienced aircon not able to cool the living room because the kitchen is open concept.

I'm quite worried, so decided to install foldable doors.

Views?

Nice 3 D images. Where to get the software to draw this?

@Potatoes, It's an online app. Just go to floorplanner.com and register a free account. It's quite fun to draw. takes a while to learn though.

@Idealistic

I considered sliding glass door, but the glass door would block the area right outside the "Bar Top". Intending to put standing chairs right outside my kitchen.

Hence I changed to folding doors so that i can fully open up the place.

KitchenBarTop.jpg

The Standing chairs look weird but you get the idea.

Outside.jpg

BTW, does anyone know if i can buy up or rent the area from HDB right outside my unit. My unit is along the corridor and there's this area outside that eats into my living room, around 6m sq. If i can rent, what can i do with the area? can i tear down my living room walls and build it outwards?

Edited by Serangoon4room

@Potatoes, It's an online app. Just go to floorplanner.com and register a free account. It's quite fun to draw. takes a while to learn though.

Outside.jpg

BTW, does anyone know if i can buy up or rent the area from HDB right outside my unit. My unit is along the corridor and there's this area outside that eats into my living room, around 6m sq. If i can rent, what can i do with the area? can i tear down my living room walls and build it outwards?

Thx. Will try to explore the software.

The recess area outside the corridor, I have checked with HDB, they have stopped selling the area. Not sure why?

Dear Readers!

We finally got our new home at Serangoon Ave 3, a 4 Room resale 84 sqm.

Started reading on the T-blog and thought of creating one myself.

here's our floorplan.

FloorPlan.jpg

We are totally lost in Renovations stuff.. A lot of reading to catch up.

Any readers know of any TBlog postings of similar floorplan?

Hoping to get tips from them.

Thanks!!

Welcome to RT. :D From the floor plan, does it mean all the walls are beam that can't be hacked? If that's really the case, I'm wonder whether hacking of store room, doing a WIW and island, open concept kitchen will u have a problem in applying the permit not?

Edited by jaskel

@jaskel

I been to other units viewing in Serangoon Area. Some of the units also knocked down the storeroom. But have not consulted with contractors yet. maybe they did it illegally. :jawdrop:

Hi,

i think for older flats, most storeroom could be relocated or hacked. I can't see from your map which wall can be hacked and which can't. For my new place, also a resales, from the map. Those with thicker walls, can't be hacked and those thin ones can be hacked. :)

Your walls shown in the floor plan are all in bold black, might not be able to hack, gotta check it out

For mine, some walls are not shaded in black, so is quite clear cut.

Think u just bought the unit and have not got keys ya keke.. Dun think have space for island

There are pipes in the bathrooms, so do note during layout planning. Some very experience contractors know the pipe position even before going on site :P have fun planning