Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Serangoon4room

My New Home - Serangoon 4 Room

Finally decided on Ideal Design. Just paid the deposit. Terence will be the ID working on my home. Next weekend, will be looking through 3D drawings and may be even choosing tiles. Chop chop. :sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm now looking for aircons...

Planning to install Inverter Sys 3 Mitsubishi Starmex [MODEL : MXY-3A28VA + 3 x MSY-GE10VA]

Installing in my living room, MBR and study room.... not installing in the room along the corridor.

Just search online and came across this CT aircon website

http://www.ctair-con.com.sg/mitsubishi-starmex-aircon/mitsubishi-inverter-starmex-aircon

They are charging 2885 nett with installation, 3 years installation warranty, 5 years aircon warranty.

1. May I know what's the mkt price for sys 3 installation?

2. Any personal reviews on Mitsubishi Electric or this company?

3. Any other companies i should try??

help help.

Hi Bro, greetings and congrats to your new place, btw its is very near my parent's place which is also along Ave3.

As for aircon wise, the popular brands are Mitsubishi Electric, Toshiba, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Daikin etc.

I've checked on ME Starmex prices and the smaller outfits charges around 2.8k+ (similar to the quote you gotten) to around 3.3k from bigger retailers like Courts, HN or Best Denki with Credit Facility, they also throw in a few other freebies like extended warranty or free tv etc.

You could try giving Aron from Imperial a PM or try other retailers like AllBest/Gaincity/Coolserve etc.

Happy finding the best deal for ya aircon installation!

Cheers

MeRf

This morning, went down to Hafary with Terence to choose tiles.

My kitchen floor tiles below, and Common Toilet Wall tiles!!

045s.jpg

My Living Room/Rooms floor tiles and MBR toilet wall tiles.

046s.jpg

Edited by Serangoon4room

My 3D drawings is out!

showing my living room!!!

028.jpg

Your 3D looks good. Very soft color scheme. What is your ID calling this theme? How about the other 3D pic of your house as well?

Referring to your aircon qn, we bought panasonic system 3 for our house from All Best. Got it around 2.4 back then (April). It comes with air ionisor/purifier. Upgraded pipes. 5yr installation warranty. $150 service vouchers. You can consider this also. Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Dreaming

Hi, anyone used similar tiles to the ones I'm going to use for common toilet? The black and white wall tiles with checkered patterns.. Picture was attached in 2 posts earlier. I'm quite scared it may trap dirt and algae more easily than normal tiles. Any advice?

045s.jpg

Edited by Serangoon4room

Hey, may i ask how's the water pressure in Serangoon Ave 3? i'm thinking of installing a rain shower and after reading lots, i realised installing a storage heater only increases the water pressure by a bit. If the water pressure is low, the storage heater will not help.

Any thoughts?

Hi, anyone used similar tiles to the ones I'm going to use for common toilet? The black and white wall tiles with checkered patterns.. Picture was attached in 2 posts earlier. I'm quite scared it may trap dirt and algae more easily than normal tiles. Any advice?

045s.jpg

Hi hi, I used the same tiles! It's juz tat mine r from Spain - Slightly glossy sheen compared to yrs! Effect is nice but I dunno abt the dirt cos I juz fell in love wif the 3D feel lor..

Btw, I met Terence b4. He is a nice guy. Got shortlisted by me but price abit steep so I gave up! I think he will do a gd job for u so I am following yr blog...Nice 3Ds... :dribble:

Hi, i just checked your blog. DIY! cool!! I was looking at your router connections and will be using your idea to hide the cables.

_________

Hi hi, I used the same tiles! It's juz tat mine r from Spain - Slightly glossy sheen compared to yrs! Effect is nice but I dunno abt the dirt cos I juz fell in love wif the 3D feel lor..

Btw, I met Terence b4. He is a nice guy. Got shortlisted by me but price abit steep so I gave up! I think he will do a gd job for u so I am following yr blog...Nice 3Ds... :dribble:

Hi Readers,

Any advice on water pressures? Anyone using rainshowers in HDB? how's the water pressure like and whether the bigger the storage heater, the stronger the pressure?

I have also initially planned my plumbing this way. Discussed with Terence but it would incur more cost due to more materials and takes additional 2 weeks. gave up the idea....

here's the original plumbing.

plumbingoriginal.jpg

My proposed plumbing but gave up.

plumbingproposed.jpg

Even Aircon trunking requires early planning.

New things learnt.

1) The water trunking can only go horizontal and downwards from your air-conditioner.

2) the trunking starts from the bottom of your air-conditioner, not the top.

3) only the gas trunking from the compressor can go high up to the ceiling.

After indepth planning, came up with this trunking route. The air-conditioners contractors got so confused initially when i tried to explain to them at the site to get their quotations. In the end, drawing the diagrams helps. After spending so much on renovations, at least the trunking must be hidden.

AirconTrunking.jpg

AirconTrunking3DI.jpg

AirconTrunking3DII.jpg