Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Serangoon4room

My New Home - Serangoon 4 Room

I wanted the Samsung fridge u mentioned initially and like u, was convinced by Everjoint to buy Hitachi instead. The excuse given by them was Samsung spolit more easily. Think Hitachi must have given them very high margin. Realized that many of my friends and my neighbour also using Samsung. Theirs r still good and working well after so many years and quieter as compared to mine -___-"

The shop owner mentioned the panel outside the fridge for the child lock etc spoils easily. He has already gotten a few complaints over the years on the older models with similar panel infront. And if it is spoilt, the whole fridge has to be sent to Samsung to repair. That's too troublesome.

The rubber from the water dispenser will harden and water will taste funny subsequently.

So i went for Hitachi, Japanese brand with long years of reputation in Fridge and Washer.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I wanted the Samsung fridge u mentioned initially and like u, was convinced by Everjoint to buy Hitachi instead. The excuse given by them was Samsung spolit more easily. Think Hitachi must have given them very high margin. Realized that many of my friends and my neighbour also using Samsung. Theirs r still good and working well after so many years and quieter as compared to mine -___-"

yar lar. that's what my brother told me also. Must be higher margin for them. The other main reason for choosing Hitachi is that my wifey has always been using Hitachi Fridge at her Parent's place and she's used to the layout. And it has lasted her family many years. Though i would think i would change my fridge within the next five years.. Since technology always improves, no point holding on to an older technology in the next few years.

Hitachi is cheaper and has larger capacity compared to the Samsung model for the same dimension. This is probably due to Samsung sleek interior design plus a special container, ending up wasting a lot of holding space.

Edited by Serangoon4room

I love the windows that your fren installed~

Mind to PM me the price and contacts :)

Nice i hope to prevent neighbours to peek too~

Hi Terencectw, i didn't go direct to the window supplier. I went thru my ID from Ideal Design.

My advise is to take the photo and show your ID if they can do it.

My windows are installed but i'm seeing quite a few bad defects that i need to speak with my ID.

As it's custom made from factory and fixed onto my walls, there are bound to be mis-alignments.

If you are going for these windows, remember to specify the height from the floor to the top of the frosted window.

If they fit the frosted windows too low, people can still peep in which defeats the whole purpose. Mine must be at 1.8m and tip toe to be able to see my living room.

PM received thanks~

I bring your picture and ask them how much they gg to charge me~ we like carrot being ready to be chopped by ID haha :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Terencetcw

I'm using the same tiles too in my common bathroom... Crossing fingers it will not be a nightmare where maintenance is concern :). Love the tiles

Hi, anyone used similar tiles to the ones I'm going to use for common toilet? The black and white wall tiles with checkered patterns.. Picture was attached in 2 posts earlier. I'm quite scared it may trap dirt and algae more easily than normal tiles. Any advice?

045s.jpg

Another busy week at work. Planning Electrical is really an art to make full use of cabinets to hide the trunking. Luckily i got a relative to help me install the electricals. He recommended me where to install 2 way switches, and will also be helping me install 2 main switches (2 way) so that i can turn off all my lights from my MBR or Door entrance.

I will be installing dimmers above my bedhead, one for my wife and one for myself. So that we can continue reading if the other wishes to sleep early. Don't really want to have additional bedside lamps.

0202.jpg

My plumbing works is done also.

0201.jpg

Today the ceiling works are up but didn't have the time to go down.

so exciting!

Edited by Serangoon4room

Finally got time to post.

here's pictures of my ceiling works.. a few minor screw ups....

My living room LBOX with cove light.

0124e.jpg

here's the first problem....

I will be installing my aircon beside my door... ID just informed it may affect the original position of my feature wall. it may not be center....

049-1.jpg

Sianz... Terence says he will figure out how to put the feature wall and not affect the centre positioning....

Edited by Serangoon4room

Second screwup!

My WIW is much smaller than communicated.. i want it to be deeper by another 2feet...arghhh... Terence says his initial quotation was based on the smaller WIW. a bigger one will require a top up for the carpentry and the partition wall.. no choice, have to top up..

0073.jpg

Another TOp Up

The Compressor is installed. Realised that the cover is really ugly... Decided die die must box up that area to cover the compressor access.

041-1.jpg

Stunned!!!

After installing my LBOX in my MBR, it still can't cover a pipe joint... :jawdrop:

REason being the toilet entrance top is metal beam and the joint can't go any higher to hide in the LBOX.

Have to install a small BOxUP and width will be the toilet entrance.. luckily Terence is doing for free.

0054.jpg

Not Convincing...

My LBox only covers 3 sides of my room. My bed head area does not have LBOX. How come like that!!! he says his original quoation is only for 3 sides... no point doing on the bedhead as you won't want to sleep and look up into the downlights.. BUT I want!!! i'm planning to install 2 dimmers with individual controls for me and wife... Another top up!!! i looked at the original quotation and it only mentions installing LBOX in MBR. did not mention how many sides. We bargained a lot to reduce the original top up he is charging us.. not very convinced but bo bian...

0083-1.jpg

Edited by Serangoon4room

To hide the aircon trunking in the living room and MBR, we have to sacrifice the Study room that is in between. Most of the trunkings will cut through the walls into the Study Room and run along the Study Room walls into the toilet and aircon compressor.... At first glance, i was shocked :jawdrop: how ugly the Study room is... but i consoled myself i will get use to it.. WOrking with very very tight budget and since we already planned our Study room to be the sacrificial room, we will just have to tahan and get use to the new looks....

039.jpg

038.jpg

Edited by Serangoon4room

Finally we are choosing the doors, laminates!!! So exciting.. Overall the experience is very good. Terence gave quite good recommendations, and since we already decided on a Earthly theme, it didn't take very long for us to choose all the stuff.

051-1.jpg

D312 for our room doors.

D305 for our main door.

052-1.jpg

813 for our gate.

053-1.jpg

Choice of the metal for our gate: 05

Kitchen cabinets laminates

055.jpg

1471G.

we also chose white glossy laminate but didn't take a photo since it's just white.

Solid surface

054.jpg

Winter Frost

Terence was scratching on the solid surfaces using a mechanical pencil tip and dark colored solid surface shows very obvious scratches.. Never choose dark colored solid surface.

Edited by Serangoon4room