Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Dear Mr. Spanky,

We are writing to you in response to your grievances.

Our Company takes a serious view of all our customers’ feedback. We have discussed your matter with the sales personnel involved and have a complete picture of the situation.

Do allow us to explain our stands.

First of all, Kenneth has handed in his resignation to the company. As this position holds certain responsibilities, we will not announce a resignation lightly.

With regards to the tile selection process, usually this is done only when the contract has been signed with the customers. However, we do understand that some customers prefer to see and feel the materials (tiles) that we will be providing.

As such, we do bring the customers to see the tiles available before the signing of the contract.

We have also requested from Kenneth all of the emails correspondence that he has with your good self. In the emails dated 14th August, 7th & 16th September - there were amendments in the original quotation which included additional requests by you – for which you had request prices to remain unchanged (at pre-addition).

Also, the Terms & Conditions were amended by you including additional discounts that you have added without consent or agreement with our Sales Person involved or in short, without our Company’s approval.

When a quotation is given to a customer, it’s the customer’s right to accept or otherwise. Likewise, when negotiation enters into the picture, and a customer request for discounts etc, it is then up to the company to accept & honor the new priced terms which if agreed and accepted by our Company, a new Contract with the agreed discounts, Terms and Conditions will be drawn up. In view of this, our Company cannot simply allow our Contract Terms & Conditions to be amended at will by anyone – be it our Sales Personnel or our valued customers.

As a company, we did not make up our Terms & Conditions lightly; this was done with lots of consideration, and also to minimize any possible misunderstanding with the customers.

Urban Design is a professional & service oriented company, and we do try our best, within reasonable means to meet our customers’ needs & requirements. In the odd circumstances of misunderstanding that do arise; we always try to resolve the issues professionally and in a harmonious way.

In conclusion, we do apologize if there’s any misunderstanding, and we are unable to comply with the prices & terms that you wish to impose in the contract. We do sincerely wish you all the best in finding another ID who will be able to meet all your needs & in your endeavors.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am also a customer who is VERY unhappy with this co! I waited for the quote from A female ID and guess what? She just tell me oh she's very busy no time to do! OMG. I have since signed with another co! Terrible customer service!

Edited by Sodramaqueen

Dear Mr. Spanky,

We are writing to you in response to your grievances.

Our Company takes a serious view of all our customers’ feedback. We have discussed your matter with the sales personnel involved and have a complete picture of the situation.

Do allow us to explain our stands.

First of all, Kenneth has handed in his resignation to the company. As this position holds certain responsibilities, we will not announce a resignation lightly.

With regards to the tile selection process, usually this is done only when the contract has been signed with the customers. However, we do understand that some customers prefer to see and feel the materials (tiles) that we will be providing.

As such, we do bring the customers to see the tiles available before the signing of the contract.

We have also requested from Kenneth all of the emails correspondence that he has with your good self. In the emails dated 14th August, 7th & 16th September - there were amendments in the original quotation which included additional requests by you – for which you had request prices to remain unchanged (at pre-addition).

Also, the Terms & Conditions were amended by you including additional discounts that you have added without consent or agreement with our Sales Person involved or in short, without our Company’s approval.

When a quotation is given to a customer, it’s the customer’s right to accept or otherwise. Likewise, when negotiation enters into the picture, and a customer request for discounts etc, it is then up to the company to accept & honor the new priced terms which if agreed and accepted by our Company, a new Contract with the agreed discounts, Terms and Conditions will be drawn up. In view of this, our Company cannot simply allow our Contract Terms & Conditions to be amended at will by anyone – be it our Sales Personnel or our valued customers.

As a company, we did not make up our Terms & Conditions lightly; this was done with lots of consideration, and also to minimize any possible misunderstanding with the customers.

Urban Design is a professional & service oriented company, and we do try our best, within reasonable means to meet our customers’ needs & requirements. In the odd circumstances of misunderstanding that do arise; we always try to resolve the issues professionally and in a harmonious way.

In conclusion, we do apologize if there’s any misunderstanding, and we are unable to comply with the prices & terms that you wish to impose in the contract. We do sincerely wish you all the best in finding another ID who will be able to meet all your needs & in your endeavors.

I would like to add that all this misunderstand could have been resolved if someone from your company had decided to call us for a meeting as well and to sit down to talk things out with your consultant, client and the boss directly to get a clear picture. We did not receive any invitation as such from your company. Is this professionalism? Your just trust words of your consultant?

Secondly, all amendments made by us (clients) were verbal agreements made with Kenneth in person and they were to be added to the contract without any increase in price. Unfortunately after meeting him after several weeks our concerns were never address down in writing. Again as your company is not aware Kenneth and we agreed that we will help him write down our concerns as he has no time to do so as he was complaining he had several projects going on at the same time (we did this out our good will). Again sorry to disappoint your good self, your company had the right to reject our concerns or for that matter call us in for a meeting. Again nothing like that was ever initiated by your company.

Thirdly, as I can see you have made an effort to defend your views which I believe could have been done by writing an apology email to us in privacy rather than wasting all this time by not replying to our email. Now you had to waste all this time writing it here. Again I question whether this is professionalism.

Lastly, I am, going with another contractor whom has agreed to my concerns and is willing to work with me. All Urban Design had to do was to initiate communication then lose this entire job.

I also hope you can employ people who can keep to their verbal words and then translate that to writing so the client knows what they are paying for. That is what is called professionalism.

I had a very bad experience with Urban Design simply because they employed a young consultant called Kenneth Ang. He gave me prices which were reasonable and value for money. We (my wife and I) even went to the process of selecting tiles and were waiting for the contract to be finalized after a few touch ups to the contract. A few days later and wasting roughly 2 months of our time Kenneth called us and told us we have to find another Interior Designer. We were extremely puzzled as to the turn around of events. Later we called the companies boss Nicholas and told him of our status and he did not explain why Kenneth withdrew. He told us Alex will be appointed to us as our new ID. Alex told me he will show up for a meeting on Saturday and he did not show up even after I called him to re make an appointment he did not get back to me. I then email Nicholas to ask him what going on. Till now 3 days later I still have not received a reply from him. I suppose this what happened, Nicholas decided that Kenneth had quoted us below his intended profit margin and because of that told him to withdraw before we signed the contract. They made up stories that Kenneth would be leaving the company and stuff. I will check again in 2 months time if he has really left. Kenneth also sms us that another ID would charge us higher if we engaged his or her services from the same company even after the prices have been fixed. In my opinion, they have wasted a lot of our time with empty promises. I was supposed to recommend a friend to them now they can forget it. I want to warn all nitizens of this that ask the ID to write your concerns down immediately in writing before proceeding further. Need it be re type the contract with your concerns first then only ask them to meet up and sign it. This is to prevent them from not complying later. For example 'Remove kitchen wall tiles' You may want to phrase 'Remove all kitchen wall tiles'.

Hmm, I think shld counter the ID rather den pin pt the Company. Cos I think is pretty unfair for those who put in alot effort on the job they do. As for Kenneth, i do not know him as my ID was Alex. Alex is a very responsible ID i come to know after a visit of more den 10 IDs. After the long search, realized is not the company that serve you but is how good and experience the ID can be. Alot ID is new, so when they quote you or mention something they might not know wat they are talking as reno may seen impossible. As for a experience ID, they can tell you those that is impossible to do esp in HDB and give u a good suggestion rather then just "Yes Sir We Can Do It". As for Alex, I come to know him after he contacted me for my new flat in Compassvale Dr. He is a very puncture and experience ID. He help me plan my house with saving which most of us needed. He like to say " Got Do Got Money, No Do No Money" mean watever he do he will charge but those extra he wont. beginning i tot he was just another ID telling off... blablabla.. but turn out to be true. Every meeting he waited for me as i always late (my wife and 5mth old baby ard), he waited for us even we always late. He will be the one come in the office or in my new house before i reaches there (maybe 1 or 2 time he have another client). But i find him very nice person and now we become good friend. I even recommanded him few friends to him, all turn out to be good. My house reno price very reasonable and for those i ask for extra, he either ask me dun waste money or tell me to save it on another area. Overall he help me save money and he dun drill hole in my wallet for sure. Everything done is listed in the quotation inches by inches. How much he earn from me, he very clearly can tell me off. Most of us wanted is a ID that is responsible and giving u ideas rather then those u cant even find them! when Alex was away for his reservist, another ID replace him just for 2wk, my head dam BIG~! Ask this ask that, that ID cant explain or tell me wat is happen. Even best! Call and SMS no reply~! sad case rite? Even he is in camp choinging~! He find time call me after he know i'm angry..So i do understand how angry it can be when a ID promise something but nvr do it or dun even understand your needs. But for project left undone and push to another person, if we ourselves we willing to take? LOL. As for now, my reno price have been fully paid, Alex still came up to my house or reply me when i found defects. He will find ppl to repair or amend it. No reno is perfect i guess but is the after service is impt. Hopefully everyone can get a good ID that suit their style and concept. Cheer~!

hi all RT forumer,

before i pen down on the deciding on which ID firm / contractors that we are going to sign, any on-going clients with this company so that we can understand more of their workmanship, pricing and stuff like these.

any feedback is well come, kindly PM me. \

the area of the job scope is as follows:

HACKING & HAULAGE

Demolish existing wall between kitchen & dining w. clearing of debris

Hack wall tile at kitchen

Hack floor tile for kitchen

Hack existing door frame at kitchen

Remove existing kitchen cabinet with disposal

Hack existing concrete sink/stove support in Kitchen with disposal

Dismantle existing Kitchen Sink

Remove parquet platform at master room with disposal

Dismantle existing toilet bowl at both toilets

Demolish existing mirror at corridor

Make Good all Hacking Affected area

KITCHEN

Construct New Wall & Smooth with Plaster, Include: Construction of Serving Window

Install painted Tempered Glass backing for exposed Kitchen Walls between Cabinets

Install Top/Bottom Kitchen Cabinet with Laminate Doors, Soft Closing Hinges

Include: Dish Rack/Cutlery Tray/Magic Corner Basket

Install One (1) Full Hieght Kitchen Cabinet with Laminate Doors, Soft Closing Hinges

Install Solid Surface Work Top

Lay Matte Homogenous Floor Tile for Kitchen with Water Proofing

Install Clear Tempered Glass Swing Door

Construct Tiled Cement Base for Kitchen Cabinets

Construct Tiled Cement Base for Refrigerator

Construct Tiled Cement Base for Washng Machine

LIVING ROOM

Construct Full Hieght Feature Wall with Console and TV Mount

Construct & Install Altar (2 feet wide with Swing door and Glass inlay)

Install False Ceiling in Living Area

DINING AREA

Install Mirror Feature in Dining Area

STUDY

Install Top Hung Cabinets with Laminate Doors, Soft Closing Hinges

Install Suspended Desk with Laminate finish, Pull out drawers and Flip-Top Hinge for cabling

Install Mesh Racks under Suspended Desk

Install Bottom Rack for placing computer equipment

MASTER BEDROOM

Install 4 ft. Suspended TV Console

Install Headboard for King-size Bedframe

Supply two wall mounted Bedside tables

Install Full-Height Walk-in Wardrobe with Laminate Doors and Backing with Painted Finish

Install Full-length Mirror

Install False Ceiling in Walk-in area

PLUMBING / ELECTRICAL

Install Concealed Piping (at Kitchen)

Install Hot Water point (with Copper Piping) at Kitchen Sink Water point

Labour to install new Kitchen Sink

Labour to install new Kitchen Hob/Hood & Oven.

Install new W.C. in Master Toilet

Install new W.C. in Common Toilet

Install spot lighting & wall mount fan in Walk-in Wardrobe

Install lighting in Corridor leading to Master Bedroom

Install concealed Piping for Cat 5e cable from Living Room to Study

Install additional lighting in entire Apartment (KIV)

Install additional electrical points in entire Apartment (KIV)

PAINTING / POLISHING

Re-Grind & Re-Varnish Existing Parquet Flooring in 3 Bedrooms / 1 Study

Polish Existing Marble Floor **** Hall

Acid Washing + General Cleaning of entire Apartment

Painting Works in entire Apartment, including all exposed piping

Special painting works in Foyer Area

MASONRY

After removal of mirror from Corridor,

smooth Corridor wall with Plaster if required.

Install False Ceiling in Corridor leading to Master Bedroom

Is there any T-blog here for renovations carried out by Urban Design. I tried searching fore previous records but yields no results. It's just good recommendation posts only.

Hmmmm that sounds really fishy.... It'll be good to substAntiate one's claims with photographs rather than jux raving about how good an Id firm is....

So many good reviews of the Id firm but no photographs @ all????

My hubby and I had an overall pleasant experience with Urban Design and we had a very much hassle-free renovation process, thanks to our ID – Alex!

Before engaging Urban Design, we shortlisted about 7-8 ID firms and eventually, met up with 5-6 of them. We almost wanted to sign with one firm at one of the Expo Fair when we received the quotation from Alex. He gave us quite a good price based on the requirements that we want, with an initial budget of $20K, excluding electrical costs. Of course, a good price doesn’t always equate to good workmanship but again, we’ve decided to hold on with our ID confirmation and meet up with Alex.

Our initial meet up was at the office of Urban Design. When we stepped into the office, it gave us a very nice feeling. The overall look was black and white, which is exactly what we wanted for our house! Saw Alex for the first time and he has already printed out our quotation and floor plan (2 sets – one for us and one for himself), putting it nicely on the table. We thought that was a good start for being thoughtful.

The meeting went on very well and Alex gave us a very warm and comfortable feeling. Knowledgeable, non-pushy and with a great attitude, he gave his advice on some of the ideas that we had. It was a 2 hour long meeting but a very fruitful one. Subsequently, we met up with him a few more times to make changes to our quotation and Alex even brought us to one of his client’s place (of course, with his client’s approval and presence) to show us the workmanship of his carpentry work. We were generally quite satisfied with it and not wanting to look any more IDs’ quotation, we signed with him.

After we signed on the dotted line, like some others may shared, certain IDs will have a change in attitude once they clinched your business but we are glad to have one who is still very attentive to our request and change in renovation ideas. There was a rather long gap of 2 months between our key collection and after we signed the contract. We made full use of this time to keep in touch with Alex and also, to choose all the laminate materials for our house. He has been patient and pro-active to give us suggestions on the type/designs of laminates to choose for different parts of the house.

Renovation has started in early Jan and minus away the CNY before-and-after holiday period where his workers had to stop work, our renovation was done in about 3 weeks! We were in a rather urgent need to move in because our son has to start his new childcare within the vicinity and Alex has helped us to arrange a very tight renovation schedule such that we can see progress going on in almost every day, if not every 2 days! There were some minor hiccups here and there but he managed to help us to resolve them eventually. He is the only person that we have to liaise with, and this made our job much simpler! Anything that we’re not happy with, we will just whatsapp or call him and he will respond accordingly.

Our renovation quotation came to a total of $26K+ (including electrical costs) because initially for the rooms, we have decided to do only carpentry work for the MBR, leaving both BR1 and BR2 empty. He has a good carpenter (who is from Malaysia) and he is very good at proposing how the wardrobe shelving can do done based on our needs. For example, in our son’s bedroom, we told him that most of the clothes will be folded for the time being and he proposed to do removable shelves in a pigeon hole style with a metal rack on the top shelve such that in future when our son grows up, the shelves can be removed and his clothes can be hanged on the metal rack from the topmost shelve. Also, I have wanted a place to put my long umbrellas and the carpenter has also proposed a nice way for this to be built inside my shoe cabinet. As such, we decided to up our budget abit more and let him do another 2 built-in wardrobes for us, one in each of the bedrooms.

Overall, there’s no regrets at all engaging Urban Design. Personally, I think an ID makes a big difference. Good chemistry, coordination work and after-sales services are all what we as customers will be looking out for. We have just shifted in to our nest 2 weeks ago and even till now when there’s some minor touch up work to be done (we have paid up 100% to the company), our ID remains very much contactable and prompt in his service. We were quite lucky to have found Alex! =)

Here are just some pictures of our place to share...

http://kelvinlirong.multiply.com/photos/album/33/Renovation_of_Our_Lovenest_-_Punggol_Sapphire

Is there any T-blog here for renovations carried out by Urban Design. I tried searching fore previous records but yields no results. It's just good recommendation posts only.

theres one by urban design in the tblog section. i think the thread title is garangtuan something one. (:

Hi all,

We would like to share our experience with urban design. We shortlisted this renovation firm when we came across their website. Soon after we sent out the quotation request, they called us and discussed over the phone about the reno budget and our requirements. After looking through their quotation, we arranged to meet up with the designer-in-charge named Alex.

As a first-time house owner, he provided us with plenty of knowledge about renovation even before we confirmed to engage them as the ID firm. Through further discussions over emails and phonecalls, we kept changing our mind about the requirements and requested him to change the quotation numerous times. Yet, he was patient and kept giving us advise and suggestions. After much consideration, we decided to engage him as our ID.

There was no trouble and unwanted disagreements in these 2 months. Alex is responsible and update us with the progress because we are not always around to supervise the reno work. Although there were small defects, they do not push responsibilities but immediately repaired for us. Our reno has ended just a week ago. The whole experience with urban design was good and satisfactory. Will definitely recommend to our friends.

First of all, Hiya all!! I've been a silent reading in Renotalk forum for quite a while and gathering intel on pretty much everything. In and out of 5 to 6 iD, few contractors and finally saw this thread and decided to give it a go. I must say, i agree with luckycoin!!! Engaged Susan as the iD: attentive, gave ideas, listened to what i had to say before suggested alternatives. And most important of all, friendly,approachable and the price wise - Thumbs up!! (Of course, there ARE some items that are a bit pricey comparing with other iD, but the total sum is very competitive) Gonna sign up the package tomorrow nite and start the ball rolling on end October! Hope everything goes fine~~~ Yeah!

First of all, Hiya all!! I've been a silent reading in Renotalk forum for quite a while and gathering intel on pretty much everything. In and out of 5 to 6 iD, few contractors and finally saw this thread and decided to give it a go. I must say, i agree with luckycoin!!! Engaged Susan as the iD: attentive, gave ideas, listened to what i had to say before suggested alternatives. And most important of all, friendly,approachable and the price wise - Thumbs up!! (Of course, there ARE some items that are a bit pricey comparing with other iD, but the total sum is very competitive) Gonna sign up the package tomorrow nite and start the ball rolling on end October! Hope everything goes fine~~~ Yeah!

yes, I will also give feedback after my renovation that is to be completed in Aug 2012 to share with all you guys on my experience with urban design but of course there will be different with which ID u are dealing with.. :sport-smiley-018:

Who is the ID that you engage? We engaged Susan of Urban Design. A very responsible lady, and always very accomodating to our request. Price is really reasonable right? No worries about the worksmanship, we had just popped by our home last Sunday and both of our toilets had already done up. We really have to give both thumbs up on the quality of the work. Laying of tiles was perfect, and we are really impressed of the way she handled her projects with no delays on the works at all. Most importantly, zero level of worries on the renovation process, just simply hand over your key to them and they will do up the rest of the things. My 2 cents worth and I hope this will help you in your selection of ID.

Are/Were you employed by Urban Design?