Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Forumers & the Community of Renotalk,

It's been quite sometime since I've last done my posting here since completing the renovation of our home. Its been a year and everything still seems very intact and new. Guess probably my wife and I had maintained our home well enough.

And psk, your comments really made my day. I've got a good laughing-out-loud after reading your groundless comments. And I think that it's an insult to the community and the founder of Renotalk forum. All have to agree that the underlying objective in setting up this forum is to allow common-consumers like us to share our views and comments towards any of the ID firms that we had came across. Take it or leave it with the comments posted by many of us, as these are strongly for your reference purposes.

Oh ya, by the way, to be frank and not boasting by any means, I'm the Assistant General Manager of a catering company. Should you need any catering services for any occasion, you may drop an e-mail to my personal mailbox @ derrick_neo86@hotmail.com. I would then re-direct your email to my surbordinates for further action. I look forward to be of service to you in the near future. Please do not PM me as I hardly log-in to this forum since we were done with the renovation for more than a year ago.

Thanks and take good care folks!!

I wish to express my sincere gratitude to Urban Design, especially to Nicholas, for his prompt actions and unreserved assistance given in helping to settle a major issue which arise from HDB sub standard building quality of new HDB flat. I was facing a severe water leakage issue in my kitchen just 4 months after the renovation completed and moving in to the new flat. The problem was due to a damaged concealed piping inside the kitchen wall. As the kitchen cabinets have to be totally removed in order to repair the piping and with my actual wedding date in 3 weeks time, both my wife and I were very frustrated and deeply traumatised as we worried that the house will be in a mess on the actual date.

Even though HDB is solely at fault, Nicholas has given all the aids I need and helps to expedite the process of dismantling and reinstalling of all the cabinets and water piping. He even comes down personally to supervise the progress. I really appreciate that he can meet all my request and schedule so that I do not need to get married in a house with a wrecked kitchen. This is a premiere renovation company with good post renovation services that you will not want to missed out.

hi all RT forumer,

before i pen down on the deciding on which ID firm / contractors that we are going to sign, any on-going clients with this company so that we can understand more of their workmanship, pricing and stuff like these.

any feedback is well come, kindly PM me. \

the area of the job scope is as follows:

HACKING & HAULAGE

Demolish existing wall between kitchen & dining w. clearing of debris

Hack wall tile at kitchen

Hack floor tile for kitchen

Hack existing door frame at kitchen

Remove existing kitchen cabinet with disposal

Hack existing concrete sink/stove support in Kitchen with disposal

Dismantle existing Kitchen Sink

Remove parquet platform at master room with disposal

Dismantle existing toilet bowl at both toilets

Demolish existing mirror at corridor

Make Good all Hacking Affected area

KITCHEN

Construct New Wall & Smooth with Plaster, Include: Construction of Serving Window

Install painted Tempered Glass backing for exposed Kitchen Walls between Cabinets

Install Top/Bottom Kitchen Cabinet with Laminate Doors, Soft Closing Hinges

Include: Dish Rack/Cutlery Tray/Magic Corner Basket

Install One (1) Full Hieght Kitchen Cabinet with Laminate Doors, Soft Closing Hinges

Install Solid Surface Work Top

Lay Matte Homogenous Floor Tile for Kitchen with Water Proofing

Install Clear Tempered Glass Swing Door

Construct Tiled Cement Base for Kitchen Cabinets

Construct Tiled Cement Base for Refrigerator

Construct Tiled Cement Base for Washng Machine

LIVING ROOM

Construct Full Hieght Feature Wall with Console and TV Mount

Construct & Install Altar (2 feet wide with Swing door and Glass inlay)

Install False Ceiling in Living Area

DINING AREA

Install Mirror Feature in Dining Area

STUDY

Install Top Hung Cabinets with Laminate Doors, Soft Closing Hinges

Install Suspended Desk with Laminate finish, Pull out drawers and Flip-Top Hinge for cabling

Install Mesh Racks under Suspended Desk

Install Bottom Rack for placing computer equipment

MASTER BEDROOM

Install 4 ft. Suspended TV Console

Install Headboard for King-size Bedframe

Supply two wall mounted Bedside tables

Install Full-Height Walk-in Wardrobe with Laminate Doors and Backing with Painted Finish

Install Full-length Mirror

Install False Ceiling in Walk-in area

PLUMBING / ELECTRICAL

Install Concealed Piping (at Kitchen)

Install Hot Water point (with Copper Piping) at Kitchen Sink Water point

Labour to install new Kitchen Sink

Labour to install new Kitchen Hob/Hood & Oven.

Install new W.C. in Master Toilet

Install new W.C. in Common Toilet

Install spot lighting & wall mount fan in Walk-in Wardrobe

Install lighting in Corridor leading to Master Bedroom

Install concealed Piping for Cat 5e cable from Living Room to Study

Install additional lighting in entire Apartment (KIV)

Install additional electrical points in entire Apartment (KIV)

PAINTING / POLISHING

Re-Grind & Re-Varnish Existing Parquet Flooring in 3 Bedrooms / 1 Study

Polish Existing Marble Floor **** Hall

Acid Washing + General Cleaning of entire Apartment

Painting Works in entire Apartment, including all exposed piping

Special painting works in Foyer Area

MASONRY

After removal of mirror from Corridor,

smooth Corridor wall with Plaster if required.

Install False Ceiling in Corridor leading to Master Bedroom

It's been quite sometime since I've last done my posting here since completing the renovation of our home. Its been a year and everything still seems very intact and new. Guess probably my wife and I had maintained our home well enough.

And psk, your comments really made my day. I've got a good laughing-out-loud after reading your groundless comments. And I think that it's an insult to the community and the founder of Renotalk forum. All have to agree that the underlying objective in setting up this forum is to allow common-consumers like us to share our views and comments towards any of the ID firms that we had came across. Take it or leave it with the comments posted by many of us, as these are strongly for your reference purposes.

Oh ya, by the way, to be frank and not boasting by any means, I'm the Assistant General Manager of a catering company. Should you need any catering services for any occasion, you may drop an e-mail to my personal mailbox @ derrick_neo86@hotmail.com. I would then re-direct your email to my surbordinates for further action. I look forward to be of service to you in the near future. Please do not PM me as I hardly log-in to this forum since we were done with the renovation for more than a year ago.

And after not logging in for more than a year ago, you suddenly appeared? And only after having renovated your house for more than a year, you decided to come in to give positive comments about Urban Design? Why didn't you do it earlier? Why now, more than a year later? My guess is that after my comments, someone must have asked you to help control damage. No?

Since the last posting, I am still facing persistent renovation problems that are not fixed yet. They are major ones. About a week ago, I took a step back and gave in to Urban Design by withdrawing all my previous postings here which were unfavourable to them. But, those traumatic experiences I described in those postings were true. I am waiting for all the problems to be fixed and the renovation to be over. I will not do further postings unless I find it necessary. But if it is necessary, I would like to share my experiences with the readers here and some other places on the internet, if the situation gets worse.

Edited by psk

I wish to express my sincere gratitude to Urban Design, especially to Nicholas, for his prompt actions and unreserved assistance given in helping to settle a major issue which arise from HDB sub standard building quality of new HDB flat. I was facing a severe water leakage issue in my kitchen just 4 months after the renovation completed and moving in to the new flat. The problem was due to a damaged concealed piping inside the kitchen wall. As the kitchen cabinets have to be totally removed in order to repair the piping and with my actual wedding date in 3 weeks time, both my wife and I were very frustrated and deeply traumatised as we worried that the house will be in a mess on the actual date.

Even though HDB is solely at fault, Nicholas has given all the aids I need and helps to expedite the process of dismantling and reinstalling of all the cabinets and water piping. He even comes down personally to supervise the progress. I really appreciate that he can meet all my request and schedule so that I do not need to get married in a house with a wrecked kitchen. This is a premiere renovation company with good post renovation services that you will not want to missed out.

Quite obviously, I did and am not getting the same treatment from this very kind Nicholas from Urban Design. Did he choose who he want to help? I wonder why because I am facing water leakage now. It has been for a month now. I am now having problems with the pipes in my home. The problem has not been fixed since a month ago. I am in the same situation as you were except that I don't have a wedding. No NIcholas appeared at all. Could it be yours is an exceptional case? If yours is an exceptional case, then it can only mean that customers who sign up with Urban Design may not get the same treatment.

Since your mention of Nicholas, you gave me hope to believe that Urban Design will do a good job to my house. I thank you for this and I look forward to it. If that happens, I will come back here and give a good report on Urban Design. If that does not happen, I believe some readers here may be interested to find out more. I will then start to fill up my blog here to provide them the details. But I hope I don't have to.

Meantime, since Nicholas from Urban Design seems to be a very helpful person, I would like to use this posting to ask him for help with my house renovation which is in progress now. I will update the readers here on whether Nicholas has responded to my request for help. If he does, I will tell the readers what help he has given to me. If he does not, I will also inform the readers here.

So Nicholas from Urban Design, I am asking you for help with my house renovation now. In order for you to help me, I'll share my problems I have with Urban Design with you now.

Right now, workers seem to have problem fixing the pipes, the toilet basins, the water leakage. These were installed by them, but they don't seem to be able to fix the problems. They came down a few times to fix the toilet basins but unsuccessful. I could see that I was given workers who were not skilful and for some strange reasons, unhappy. They were told that "owners refuse to pay if the jobs were not done". But I thought Urban Design pays them? A clever way of pushing responsibility. No wonder the workers were unhappy. And unhappy workers don't produce good jobs.

The workers were also clueless to all the water leakage problems. The list goes on and on. They started work on 5 July 12, but as now, they are still not completed and not fixed. I would be very grateful if you could help speed up the job because I was told it's going to be delayed again. There has been many days of delay without workers turning up for reasons I do not know. I am now staying in another place for about a month now. It's very inconvenient and very disruptive to my full-time job. Would you help me ask Urban Design to pay for my 4 day's stay at a hotel because I needed the time to look for a place to stay.

I listened to your advice by going to your recommended suppliers with the assurance that Urban Design has good working relationship with them. This means that work can be done smoothly. I'm afraid your suppliers are problematic. I will list down all your recommended suppliers here and describe my experiences with them - both good and bad ones. But I hope I don't have to.

My signed contract number with Urban Design is UDH - ET/1687/12 dated 29 Jun 2012.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by psk

You are a NEW member who joined on 5th Aug?

You are here to give your positive feedback on Urban Design, why are you attacking me who is a stranger to you? What is your motive? Someone instigated you?

Is Nicholas the boss? If he is, of course he will be able to get the best workers for any job he undertakes. So the good news for Urban Design's customers is to ask Nicholas to be the person in charge of the project. You will be as satisfied as jvlee84.

Edited by psk