Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SummerX

House Warming Party

hi guys,

Just gotten my new place and intending to get a caterer for house warming. Non-halal and reasonably good quality. Budget about $15/pax.

Anyone has any recommendations?

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Always thought that Neo Gardens is over-sold. Think they spent alot on marketing.. Could their quality of food be poor because they scrap on their food?

If you are looking for nice setting International / Western buffet, you can consider Kriston. I ordered from them in Feb this year for my house warming party. Here is my review:

My link & review

Try the alternative.

Limit your housewarming to not more than 10guests each time. Break them up into relatives, friends, colleagues and then even smaller groups. Skip the catering and do home cooking instead with a solid main dish (roost beef with your new oven, roost chicken abit difficult) or curry, fresh salads, bruschetta, buy 2-3 big watermelon and blend with ice into shakes (this one super cheap). Or play cheat by ordering 1pepper crab 1crab beehoon from sin huat and the rest DIY.

You'd better for bonding, more quality time with your guests, sit down and eat slowly over few bottles of wine. Think of it this way, do you enjoy housewarming where there's 30-50 or even more guests and there's no where to sit and eat?

Try the alternative.

Limit your housewarming to not more than 10guests each time. Break them up into relatives, friends, colleagues and then even smaller groups. Skip the catering and do home cooking instead with a solid main dish (roost beef with your new oven, roost chicken abit difficult) or curry, fresh salads, bruschetta, buy 2-3 big watermelon and blend with ice into shakes (this one super cheap). Or play cheat by ordering 1pepper crab 1crab beehoon from sin huat and the rest DIY.

You'd better for bonding, more quality time with your guests, sit down and eat slowly over few bottles of wine. Think of it this way, do you enjoy housewarming where there's 30-50 or even more guests and there's no where to sit and eat?

Agree. I think all celebrations/gatherings should be split into groups :)

It's also quite weird for the guests to go to a party and don't know half the people there. If the groups are more or less familiar with one another, you can even include fun group activities.

Actually, after ordering from so many caterers in the last 2 years, I think the traditional way of asking your closed ones for a caterer is always the best. If your closed ones have a positive impression of the food, then there is a high chance that the caterer will suit your taste.

However, if people around you do not cater much, the next best option is to look out for authentic reviews. There are many reviews online which pretend to be a positive customer, so I would not trust forums posting so much. One of the best review site that I know of is FoodLine, where customers post their reviews of the catering services. Customers post reviews because they have to do so before getting the cashback.

Hope this helps everyone.