Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PublicLife

Hdb Floorplans: The Best (And Worst) Layouts In Public Housing

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

HI Public Life, Thanks for the thread. I love looking at floor plan.

Wondering if anyone seen before the floorplan of the penthouse with outdoor terrace?

Sadly, I haven't been able to find it either. I'd love to have one of those to add to my 'collection'... ;)

All I can do is to admire them from afar for the time being:

HDB penthouse at $100k over valuation: Clever or crazy?

Give up the sky for $1m?

FlrPlan.jpg

What an 'interesting' layout the master bedroom has! :D

I must say though that it is the bathrooms that are the most strange. Bathroom 1 is so small that there is barely enough room to do any sort of business properly, while bathroom 2 is big enough to do ballroom dancing in! Another 'what-was-HDB-thinking' moment... :rolleyes:

This is a 5I that i like a lot as the study room can really be made into a bed room.

4 proper size bedroom.

5633744945_f1034dc195_z.jpg

I love it too! Spacious, well-designed and with lots of windows (very airy)! And the common bathroom has 2 access doors - one of which faces the common bedrooms (HDB finally realised that people don't always want to walk through their kitchen to get to the toilet!).

I also like this variation on this general design:

HDBFloorPlan-CassiaCrescent.jpg

A personal fave:

4NG1.jpg

This 4NG flat is a staggering 134 sq m in size! Wow! The newer EAs aren't even that big!

Where can we find such 4 room?

The length and breath of the unit is 8 & 3 metres longer than mine respectively.

The size of the room are HUGE

Of course, my vote for the all-time award-winning, 'let's-ask-HDB-to-make-more-of-them' layout has to be:

3R2.jpg

The HDB '3-room' terrace house! Mega applause! :sport-smiley-004:

Though, of course their biggest flaw has to be the fact that they essentially only have one bathroom. I guess, in the past, having more than one loo was considered a luxury! :D

Edited by PublicLife

Punggol Loft

08MAYBTOPG_typical4.gif

Very nice! And much more sensible than the SkyTerrace@Dawson units (see below):

5rm_loft1_paired_1stlvl.jpg

5rm_loft1_paired_2ndlvl.jpg

The Dawson lofts have a single room on the loft level that has no attached toilet (although there is admittedly a toilet in the neighbouring studio / granny apartment - but do you really want to barge into your grandma's flat and ask to use the loo?)! So, anyone who wants to sleep in the loft room better have pretty strong bowels... because the only toilets are downstairs! :dunno:

3R2.jpg

Of course, however, HDB terrace houses, though nice, are far from ideal: the lease is rapidly running out, they're small, there's only one bathroom, there aren't many of them in the first place (so it's hard to get your hands on one), etc.

So, naturally, we all love...

EM2.jpg

The HDB maisonette! The ground-floor ones have an especially 'house-like' feel to them. :good:

HI Public Life, Thanks for the thread. I love looking at floor plan.

Wondering if anyone seen before the floorplan of the penthouse with outdoor terrace?

Finally found one! But only the lower floor unfortunately... I'd love to have the top floor too, but no luck so far... :P

22c5e53233938_1_V550.jpg

It's described as a "sky terrace executive maisonette". And at 163 sq m in size, it is pretty amazing! :bow:

HDB seriously needs to start building more of these! :D

Of course, for the 'Model A' series, there were also 3-room flats, like this one:

layoutyj1.jpg

From an old RT blog as well: Our Small Box

And, no, I have no idea what a "Playdeck" is either... Who is supposed to be 'playing' there? Why are they 'playing' on a staircase landing? Most mysterious... Another puzzling term courtesy of HDB that has now beaten "interaction balcony" as my all-time fave!

And, in case you are wondering what on earth an "interaction balcony" is (who exactly are we supposed to be 'interacting' with?), see these RT blogs for (some) enlightenment: Homemakin' and Fork & Spoon's Lovely Drawer