Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
matrox

Our Pigeon Hole

Light for foyer

Is this obiang? It does cast shadows on the ceiling and wall... however, I have in mind a small crystal light which does the same, but definitely it's gonna be more costly

Foyer.gif

I like this... but dunno put where and most importantly probably no budget :""(

034.jpg

028.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Black and Purple Theme! hahaha...

Actually,I think my place have only these few colors.... black, white, grey and shades of purple.

What lights are you talking about at $10.45/T5 of 3ft?? I did my entire cove light with 2 colors. 1 ultra bright white and 1 ultra bright warm yellow. Cost me quite a fair bit but the effect is really nice and will be energy saving also. Installation is also cheaper since it's considered as 1 lighting point instead of different lengths of T5 tubes.

It's a T5 light of 3ft and it cost $10.45 each length. Could you share what you use for cove light? I only know of T5 for cove light 8| I must be dump thinking only T5 is usable for cove light!!

We will be using black glossy tiles in our living room, but have not decided on the color of laminates for the carpentry yet.

Things are progressing quite fast and start to fall into place after finalizing our electrician with 36 lighting installation and 26 new lighting points and some additional power points. Quite a number of relocation of power points as we would be doing carpentry on the walls.

I think our area is the most expensive having to pay $900 haulage fee to the designated HDB contractor and $300 to town council for the permit? :bow:

Air Con

We shortlisted MHI based on NEA webby on the electrical consumption. It was noted that MHI has a better consumption compare to other makers and it's about $400 more based on annual consumption with running of 8hrs per day subject to the per kW charge from SP Services. However, many people who are from the industry have told us on the cons of MHI and its poor durability, thus making us ponder more than twice if we should not use MHI. We are worried about our monthly PUB bills (!) especially the per kW charge keeps going up. After much discussion, we decided not to take MHI but Panasonic (used to be National) who have been in the industry for donkey years... Hope this will be a wise choice.

Now that we have decided on the make, we need to decide which combination to take :-

Bedrooms

Option 1

INVERTER 1 x 12k BTU + 2 x 9k BTU for bedrooms (I know our MBR isn't big!!)

Option 2

INVERTER 3 x 9k BTU for bedrooms

Living Room

Option 1

NON INVERTER 1 x 18k BTU for living room

Option 2 (dependent on the quotation for INVERTER 24k BTU and the difference compare to a NON INVERTER)

INVERTER 1 x 24k BTU for living room

It's a T5 light of 3ft and it cost $10.45 each length. Could you share what you use for cove light? I only know of T5 for cove light 8| I must be dump thinking only T5 is usable for cove light!!

We will be using black glossy tiles in our living room, but have not decided on the color of laminates for the carpentry yet.

Things are progressing quite fast and start to fall into place after finalizing our electrician with 36 lighting installation and 26 new lighting points and some additional power points. Quite a number of relocation of power points as we would be doing carpentry on the walls.

I think our area is the most expensive having to pay $900 haulage fee to the designated HDB contractor and $300 to town council for the permit? :bow:

I did entire LED cove lighting. It's counted as 1 point since it's 1 long piece. So instead of having multiple T5 tubes and points, I just have 1 long piece connected to the transformer/driver. I saved the money from the electrician and used it on the LED. Maybe tonight or tmr I can post some pictures. If you want more details can PM me bah.

I did entire LED cove lighting. It's counted as 1 point since it's 1 long piece. So instead of having multiple T5 tubes and points, I just have 1 long piece connected to the transformer/driver. I saved the money from the electrician and used it on the LED. Maybe tonight or tmr I can post some pictures. If you want more details can PM me bah.

I'll definitely PM you!! *blushed*

Air Con

We shortlisted MHI based on NEA webby on the electrical consumption. It was noted that MHI has a better consumption compare to other makers and it's about $400 more based on annual consumption with running of 8hrs per day subject to the per kW charge from SP Services. However, many people who are from the industry have told us on the cons of MHI and its poor durability, thus making us ponder more than twice if we should not use MHI. We are worried about our monthly PUB bills (!) especially the per kW charge keeps going up. After much discussion, we decided not to take MHI but Panasonic (used to be National) who have been in the industry for donkey years... Hope this will be a wise choice.

Now that we have decided on the make, we need to decide which combination to take :-

Bedrooms

Option 1

INVERTER 1 x 12k BTU + 2 x 9k BTU for bedrooms (I know our MBR isn't big!!)

Option 2

INVERTER 3 x 9k BTU for bedrooms

Living Room

Option 1

NON INVERTER 1 x 18k BTU for living room

Option 2 (dependent on the quotation for INVERTER 24k BTU and the difference compare to a NON INVERTER)

INVERTER 1 x 24k BTU for living room

Living

Option 2

The difference between

NON INVERTER 18k BTU & INVERTER 18k BTU is $300

INVERTER 18k BTU & INVERTER 24k BTU is $300 also

BUT

NON INVERTER 18k (!!!) Ain't I greedy? 8|

Living

Option 2

The difference between

NON INVERTER 18k BTU & INVERTER 18k BTU is $300

INVERTER 18k BTU & INVERTER 24k BTU is $300 also

BUT

NON INVERTER 18k (!!!) Ain't I greedy? 8|

Hi matrox, check with u hor, if u want to hv the aircon in the living room, u hv 2 compressor or 1 arh :unsure:

Hi matrox, check with u hor, if u want to hv the aircon in the living room, u hv 2 compressor or 1 arh :unsure:

Hi Mango

I intend to have 2 compressors, i.e. system 3 for bedrooms and single system for living. The reason is we will seldom switch on the living air con, probably only on occassion when we have guests. For e.g. if we buy system 4 of probably 24K + 3x 9K BTU for living and 3 bedrooms, your compressor will be of higher capacity than system 3 of 3x 9K BTU thus consuming more electricity/power. In order to save $$ on our monthly PUB, we will be getting 2 compressors.

I was told that 18k BTU would be sufficient for our living room, however, 18k BTU does not mean you will have 18k BTU of aircon, the air con would probably run on around 16k+ so I thought of getting 24k BTU. But difference between

NON INVERTER 18k & INVERTER 18k is $300

INVERTER 18k & INVERTER 24k is $300

therefore

NON INVERTER 18k & INVERTER 24k BTU is $600!!! I am a greedy person and I shamelessly agree 8| *sigh*

At first I only wanted a 18k BTU NON INVERTER for aircon, then later a INVERTER 18k BTU then later a INVERTER 24k BTU!!! :furious: I have not told my DH, sure :argue: de

If I chose INVERTER 18k BTU, it will take me to run 800hrs to break even based on $0.30/kw charge from PUB, currently we are being charged at $0.28, which if we on it for 8hrs a week will take us 2 years to break even.

Mango

Our aircon ledge can put 2 compressors de

OIC. Look like u hv done a lot of homework for ur new place :good: btw mind to share where will u get the aircon from leh :unsure: TIA :D

Did you buy the LED from the on line store that I recommended? I bought 2 pendant lamps from another shop on line as well and they are much cheaper than those (similar design) being offered locally. Both reached me in good condition but have yet to install them.

Hello everyone!!

This is my first post here. Have been surfing here latently picking up tips to reno my new flat.

Hello matrox!

We are going to be neighbours!

Have been visiting showrooms in the block but all are 4 rooms so far.

Have not collected my keys yet. If you are at your new place during the weekend, can I can over to take a look?

Cos need to take measurement to buy furniture... :)

Appreciate help all. Gam Xiah Gam Xiah!

Centrino2,

Can you PM me the online shops too?

Could they be from TB?? :sport-smiley-004:

I have been checking out overses online shops. Thought about buying from them to save cost but am unsure if the specs is suitable locally.

Me newbie and first time renovating house and on a budget. So much to learn :jawdrop: .

Hope to hear from ye :)

Centrino2,

Can you PM me the online shops too?

Could they be from TB?? :sport-smiley-004:

I have been checking out overses online shops. Thought about buying from them to save cost but am unsure if the specs is suitable locally.

Me newbie and first time renovating house and on a budget. So much to learn :jawdrop: .

Hope to hear from ye :)

Sent liao