Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
matrox

Our Pigeon Hole

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

mango13: i am in the same block as matrox :)

matrox: thanks for tip off, will check out #04.

I intend to hack off the kitchen entrance and the service yard one. shopping around for quotes now.

mango13: i am in the same block as matrox :)

matrox: thanks for tip off, will check out #04.

I intend to hack off the kitchen entrance and the service yard one. shopping around for quotes now.

Sami

Need recommendation for contractor or ID? We particularly like this ID who came out to venture on her own. She used to work with Rest & Relax Interior. We like her design concepts and she'll try to work within your budget by looking at cost cutting measures. The overall feel is very good and she plays with shapes and materials thus making the entire proposal very attractive. Not pushy nor agressive. Very nice young lady.

All the best to your reno and selection of contractor/ID.

Hey guys, I'm curious, is this the few blocks of flats next to the flyover linking AYE and CTE? Next to the Tiong Bahru conservation area?

You have hit the jackpot! :good:

Hi Matrox,

How do you know if the new ID is good? Please PM her contact to me. I will meet her to see if we can click!

Thanks a lot! :D

After bugging HDB on the permit for wall demolition for 3 days, it's finally approved! :sport-smiley-004: Can kui kang liao lo

Hi matrox, may I know which wall that u are going to demolition huh?

It's been a week since my last post... been busy sourcing for lights as contractor told us that our ceiling would be done before tiling because we chose black glossy floor tiles and the "white pieces" (dunno what's that though) would stain it, thus better do ceiling first after wall demolition. Luckily our electricals were done up before that, now we have to call our aircon contractor to lay the piping. BUT... he has no slot this week :angry: ?! We had no choice and luckily we had not put a deposit, but to look elsewhere. It is a blessing in disguise, we found another supplier which offered more competitive pricing :yeah:

We went up to check on the hacking job and the electrical works and found that our electrician mistaken the hanging light point in our MBR. So he will need to go up again and correct it PLUS VO - extra lighting point in both toilets and wiring cabling for the speakers! :D YES, we changed our mind and decided to have a sound system heehee...

The Hacker

724.jpg

Edited by matrox

The electrical wiring

734.jpg

732.jpg

731.jpg

730.jpg

The incorrect position of the hanging light point in MBR

718.jpg

Another headache we have got is, we do not know where to put our washing machine and dryer! We wanted to put the dryer on top of the washing maching, but that would mean shifting the original location where we intend to put the w/m, meaning, extra $$ to relocate water pipe, electrical points, etc... not only that but it would also obstruct the hydraulic clothes hanger from lowering down. Anyone has any suggestion? HELP!!! :bangwall:

Now wall is hacked, electrical wiring is almost done, next will be ceiling, tiling and carpentry. Our electrician told us after ceiling is up, we would need to install the lights before painting is done (?). OMG, we thought still took our own time thinking that the lights can be installed at the last stage. But no lor... thus, over the weekend, we went to few lighting shops and surfed the web for lights and finally settled the lights over the weekend. Our entire house will have LED lightings only, except for 4 locations namely, bomb shelter, service yard, bathrooms and kitchen. There will also be LED strips under the top kitchen cabinet and behind the mirrors in the bathrooms. I wonder if the PUB bill will recoup our investment.

Washer remain in the orig location while dryer put the other side or I have seen someone removed the up down hanger and replace with the poles type .. Or get washer / dryer combi