Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

haha, well...

Since you have FS Master.. there should be a reason behind it~ :rolleyes:

My idea just a practical daily routine that smooth out the whole living process :)

Check this out:

ScreenShot2011-10-29at12016PM.png

42" LCD/LED/Plasma: 10.5 feet = 3.200 4 meter

46" LCD/LED/Plasma: 11.8 feet = 3.596 64 meter at last

Just a rough estimation but i tested 46" at least >4meter not to stress too much on the eye

Hope this helps

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

haha, well...

Since you have FS Master.. there should be a reason behind it~ :rolleyes:

My idea just a practical daily routine that smooth out the whole living process :)

Check this out:

ScreenShot2011-10-29at12016PM.png

42" LCD/LED/Plasma: 10.5 feet = 3.200 4 meter

46" LCD/LED/Plasma: 11.8 feet = 3.596 64 meter at last

Just a rough estimation but i tested 46" at least >4meter not to stress too much on the eye

Hope this helps

just a quick correction on tv distance.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1866569

for a start, u need to know ur usage. watch normal tv only? or alot of HD stuff? like soccer, movies etc? if u are a movie buff....resolution to look at should usually be 1080p?

HI Simontsh,

Let me help you to post up the picture maybe TS should have better understanding on the chart. :thumbs up:

ScreenShot2011-10-29at112835PM.png

As mine was just an min estimation on the distance since TS have limited viewing distance if TV >46" ? i assume :D

HI Simontsh,

Let me help you to post up the picture maybe TS should have better understanding on the chart. :thumbs up:

ScreenShot2011-10-29at112835PM.png

As mine was just an min estimation on the distance since TS have limited viewing distance if TV >46" ? i assume :D

basically the chart means that only at large distances, then all screen sizes makes no difference.

at 10 feet (3m) you need diagonal screen size of 70-80 inches to get the full benefits of 1080p

IMO if u are a 1080p buff, meaning to say u watch hi-def movies alot, play games alot kind, at 3m....u need 42" minimum. most of the techies will recommend 46" and above tho :sport-smiley-004:

maybe i can share some nice dining tables which was an option for me

like the raw feel with the black metal

IMG_1478.jpg

Hi pinkwhale, mind check, where can i find this table that u shopped? Thks in advance.

basically the chart means that only at large distances, then all screen sizes makes no difference.

at 10 feet (3m) you need diagonal screen size of 70-80 inches to get the full benefits of 1080p

IMO if u are a 1080p buff, meaning to say u watch hi-def movies alot, play games alot kind, at 3m....u need 42" minimum. most of the techies will recommend 46" and above tho :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks Simontsh and Terencetcw... thanks both for all these sharing :good::good:

lucky i havent buy any unrealistic size TV

Hi pinkwhale, mind check, where can i find this table that u shopped? Thks in advance.

Hi Vdoo, thanks for dropping by...

this table i saw at millenia walk level 2 opposite Howards, but i cannot remember whats the name of the shop already.

they have matching coffee table, chairs, TV console all in same range...

Hi pinkwhale,

I like ur posted pictures. All d best to a smoothsailing reno. Like u,we are doing our own design too.We merged our Main & bedroom 3 to form 1 big room & still brainstorming on the best layout for WIW :(

I have some queries as my layout looks a little similar to urs...Is ur main door facing balcony/windows? Did ur FSM advise anything on that e.g. building partition?

I too like the industrial/raw feel, I wonder if custom-made can achieve that effect..I like that raw wooden table with black metal,I wonder if we can find that kind of wood as a main door..Was it Harvey Norman u went to? I heard they carry a wider selection of quality furniture there.

Just in case u like to get more inspirations for kitchen & bath, Interior Affairs @29 Tai Seng Ave is a gd plc.I was awed by both design & price :)

Hi Vdoo, thanks for dropping by...

this table i saw at millenia walk level 2 opposite Howards, but i cannot remember whats the name of the shop already.

they have matching coffee table, chairs, TV console all in same range...

The shop name is commune.. I bought this dining set also...

For once I thought at 3m you can't have larger than 42" TV. Phew... cos I also have only clearance of 3m from TV to sofa and intend to get a 55" TV. :sport-smiley-018:

Thanks all for sharing

For once I thought at 3m you can't have larger than 42" TV. Phew... cos I also have only clearance of 3m from TV to sofa and intend to get a 55" TV. :sport-smiley-018:

Thanks all for sharing

if cannot haver larger than 42" then alot of the retailers will cry liao :sport-smiley-004: since most HDB the living room farking small!

Haha yeah... 3m most probably. :P

Tv doesn't mean big is good -- say many ppl wish to get 55' where is only differ about few hundred bucks but, the viewing experience will be difficult as the screen is too 'big' well so most probably 46" will be the ideal case :) because your MBR most probably comes with say 32" / 42" couldn't be your living hall having 42" right :)

Hehe we let TS to come back on her decision hehe :)

Hi pinkwhale,

I like ur posted pictures. All d best to a smoothsailing reno. Like u,we are doing our own design too.We merged our Main & bedroom 3 to form 1 big room & still brainstorming on the best layout for WIW :(

I have some queries as my layout looks a little similar to urs...Is ur main door facing balcony/windows? Did ur FSM advise anything on that e.g. building partition?

I too like the industrial/raw feel, I wonder if custom-made can achieve that effect..I like that raw wooden table with black metal,I wonder if we can find that kind of wood as a main door..Was it Harvey Norman u went to? I heard they carry a wider selection of quality furniture there.

Just in case u like to get more inspirations for kitchen & bath, Interior Affairs @29 Tai Seng Ave is a gd plc.I was awed by both design & price :)

Hi bigbag, thanks for dropping by my small T blog.

I wish u best of luck to your Reno too. I can see we have some common taste!!! I love the hexagon tile too and I will be using some in my mbr toilet.

Regarding the main door facing the window/balcony, my FSM say no need to do for my case cos he explained that my place is not super windy only light breeze. If super windy then make sense that the energy will flow in and out straight without the chance of staying in the house. So.. I never do partition.

Wow would be cool if u can custom made that kind of main door.. But need fire rated or not???

I did check out Harvey Norman too but found that they have more modern theme items than industrial. Basically I'm also not buying many items, mainly need a suitable dining and coffee table to match the theme.

Thanks for ur recommendation, will check that out.

Haha yeah... 3m most probably. :P

Tv doesn't mean big is good -- say many ppl wish to get 55' where is only differ about few hundred bucks but, the viewing experience will be difficult as the screen is too 'big' well so most probably 46" will be the ideal case :) because your MBR most probably comes with say 32" / 42" couldn't be your living hall having 42" right :)

Hehe we let TS to come back on her decision hehe :)

Yup I fully agree not the bigger the better de.. Those too big tv with short clearance distance is for 斗鸡眼 people one so that they can 看开一点

I thinking to get a 46" but need to see budget if not enough $$ then maybe get 42" mbr I think 32" is good enough for me liao.

Btw hor.. Who is TS ah? (had been wanted to ask le) hehe

The shop name is commune.. I bought this dining set also...

Really? U bought this dining set! Cool I really love the table but becos I wanted a 1.6m only but they only have 1.8m so I give it a miss. Did u buy their matching dining chairs also? Looks cool also but not so cheap $299 for 1...

I will be following ur Tblog closely for more pics!!