Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahlipz

~Beautiful Cozy Simplicity~

Hi All,

~Beautiful Cozy Simplicity~

Been surfing T-blog for ideas for my new flat.

We have applied for BTO in Jan'09 and finally collected our keys on 19 Dec'11. It has been almost 3 years in waiting for our new home. CPF was being reset to almost zero!!

This is our new home layout. With the bomb shelter being situated side by side to the kitchen, there goes my hope of installing an island in the kitchen

viewerz.jpg

Edited by ahlipz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congrats on getting your new house...

Nowadays the BTO houses like condo with long walkway to Master Bedroom~ :)

You can have wall lights along the walkway to make it looks longer~

U can hack away service yard and the expose kitchen wall so that u can have a bar table instead?

Looking at the kitchen space of 2.3m x 3.6 is kind a hard to put Island..

I was told that Island may need at least 4ft x 6ft

I agree with you Terencetcw that it is more do-able for a bar table instead of Island. Trying to explore towards that direction.

More into the industrial theme but wifey is not too keen and prefers a simple cozy theme. These are some of the decors that I would like to share which caught my attention.

Living Room (In reality, the ceiling is much lower and space is quite small)

Colourful huggies on the sofa

3rachel.jpg

Nice white subway tiles on the kitchen wall instead of the bathroom wall.

Love the design on the floor too

stefbakker4178341802.png

Cool lightings but kinda too cold for my liking. The bar top looks like an operating table

contemporarycaliforniah.jpg

I find the support for the bed super cool but wifey is like "Duh?" :huh:

Can double up for our bedroom slippers :thumbs up:

6rachel.jpg

Edited by ahlipz

We have collected my keys on 19 Dec and went to open house ceremony with my FSM.

Overall, response from FSM is positive. Threw pineapple and oranges before we stepped in our new flat. HUAT ARHH!!!

It was drizzling on that day and Chinese believed that rain will bring luck. :thumbs up:

Living Room (My pineapple is on the left of the room + a couple of oranges as well)

img2015my.jpg

Living room windows. Wondering why HDB don't make things simple and need to install three small mini windows panels on the left side :dunno:

img2048bg.jpg

Kitchen and main door entrance

img2017b.jpg

Kitchen view. Remembered that I threw an orange towards the kitchen too :D

img2019g.jpg

Service Bay. Our metal rack was slated to one side. So remember to check!

img2021o.jpg

Edited by ahlipz

Bedroom 1. Planning this room for our future kid room.

img2026a.jpg

Bedroom 2. Walk-in wardrobe. I was against WIW while wife is against a study room. Considering that there is almost so little space left after putting a king sized bed, we will not be able to have a decent size wardrobe in our master bedroom. It is a per-requisite by wifey to have a big wardrobe for all her clothing, so I agreed to a WIW, much to her delight.

img2029t.jpg

Master Bedroom. After squeezing in a king size bed, this whole area will be quite cramped.

img2033a.jpg

Window Bay at Master bedroom. How to make use of this area?

The window grills will make life difficult for us to do clean the windows properly :help:

img2034zi.jpg

Bath room. Design is quite basic but it does look "normal"

Hope the ID can work his magic (Finger crossed)

img2038bz.jpg

Edited by ahlipz

Looking for a ceiling fan

Not looking with lights with it since wifey is prone to dizziness due to flicking/shaking lighting.

Any recommendation?

Looking for a ceiling fan

Not looking with lights with it since wifey is prone to dizziness due to flicking/shaking lighting.

Any recommendation?

Budget?

The popular ones are the KDK M11SU and V56VK - I have both and v quiet, and strong wind (v impt for me, cuz I don't like to turn on aircon).

If you have more budget can consider the Haiku fan and the Sycamore fan. Both are what I consider "designer" fans.

Your unit is in Punggol Arcadia?

Gosh..... Room size for BTO nowadays are ridiculously small..... My study room is only slightly smaller than your MBR!

Anyway, for the fans, if you have car, you can buy from JB. Old brand like KDK and panasonic should be OK. If you are interested I can tell you where it is. It's one of the popular place bought by many fellow RT forumers here too. They also provide the metal hook, so it's complete.

Budget?

The popular ones are the KDK M11SU and V56VK - I have both and v quiet, and strong wind (v impt for me, cuz I don't like to turn on aircon).

If you have more budget can consider the Haiku fan and the Sycamore fan. Both are what I consider "designer" fans.

Your unit is in Punggol Arcadia?

The Haiku Fan looks good :dribble: but the Sycamore fan is out of my budget

Saw a couple of cool looking fan online, probably out of my budget.

Feel that it will fit into my semi industrial theme.

Acqua Fan

acquambbnickel.jpg

Vent-Bettina Fan

ventbettinachrome1b.jpg

Edited by ahlipz

The Haiku Fan looks good :dribble: but the Sycamore fan is out of my budget

Saw a couple of cool looking fan online, probably out of my budget.

Feel that it will fit into my semi industrial theme.

Vent-Bettina Fan

Acqua Fan

There is something similar to this in XTRA in Park Mall. Since it's XTRA, i recall it doesnt come cheap. But do take a look at Defelio's blog. There is a picture of this fan in his completed pictures.

Saw the fan at Defelio's blog and he has done up very nicely for his place. It should be quite expensive at Xtra.

My place is at Punggol Regalia.

Gosh..... Room size for BTO nowadays are ridiculously small..... My study room is only slightly smaller than your MBR!

Anyway, for the fans, if you have car, you can buy from JB. Old brand like KDK and panasonic should be OK. If you are interested I can tell you where it is. It's one of the popular place bought by many fellow RT forumers here too. They also provide the metal hook, so it's complete.

MBR is pretty small. Almost game over after putting a king sized bed in it.

As per my earlier post, I was against a WIW and was going for a Queen sized bed.

Many of my friends advised me to go for a King Sized bed and not much space left for a wardrobe in the MBR. Will be doing a WIW on the middle bedroom.

ID advise to hack the wall and creating a small passage to the WOW/ As for the door entrance, we will be removing the door and looking for idea to conceal this entrance.

Edited by ahlipz

Hi^^ next blk neighbor !! I'm from Punggol Arcadia. Welcome to the neighbourhood. I love those inspiration pic u posted. Am into industrial theme too. Look forward for more pics from u.. Good luck to ur Reno !! :)