Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Ay, that's will depends, as if need to knock down wall etc.

If heng heng, think 1 week can ba, but if kanna ding dong here & there, 1 month possible.

But keep finger cross. All the best :sport-smiley-004:

ya, really depends on the officer that deal at your area... for mine, it took 3 application to get it approved... all in all, took more than 1 month. but reno can start first... no problem to knock all tiles in toilet and flooring while waiting or approval to knock the wall....

1st application, approved knocking the kitchen wall, while toilet and MBR wall, was not approved.

then 2nd application, approved the toilet but not the MBR.

3rd application only appoved the MBR wall. Really makes me so kan cheong during that time.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Samsung UA46D5500 (around $1699)

samsung46d5500.jpg

The Samsung 46". Think you can get it cheaper from Audiohouse. Is this the SMART TV or just LED?

The Samsung D5500 is not SMART tv, I think. Or maybe a bit SMART :D

My thinking is that I prob will not use a TV to surf net, facebook or youtube. I still prefer to use computer.

yamahaysp2200.jpg

$1699

yamahayhts40109.jpg$1099 I think.

How much are these?

ya, really depends on the officer that deal at your area... for mine, it took 3 application to get it approved... all in all, took more than 1 month. but reno can start first... no problem to knock all tiles in toilet and flooring while waiting or approval to knock the wall....

1st application, approved knocking the kitchen wall, while toilet and MBR wall, was not approved.

then 2nd application, approved the toilet but not the MBR.

3rd application only appoved the MBR wall. Really makes me so kan cheong during that time.

Sounds bad.... I am going to knock my kitchen walls and also the 2nd bedroom wall...... :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

I got a 46" 5000PM LED tv from Audio House for $1299 last Dec. You check them out?

$1299 :dribble: That's cheap...... Maybe this weekend go see see... Thanks!

WE brought the Samsung UA46D6600WN 46'' Series 6 LED

Smart LED TV that comes with the internet browser and the option to convert 2d to 3d.

Brought at the IT fair in Dec, $2299 (free gift a $700 worth of samsung laptop)

WE brought the Samsung UA46D6600WN 46'' Series 6 LED

Smart LED TV that comes with the internet browser and the option to convert 2d to 3d.

Brought at the IT fair in Dec, $2299 (free gift a $700 worth of samsung laptop)

Good deal!! Free laptop :dribble: :dribble:

I'm waiting for the march IT show... hope they got some goodies for me :dribble: :dribble:

Today went Taka to see the Household fair at B2. At first not intending to buy anything but the Silit promotion is too good to miss....

So we got a Pressure cooker Sicomatic® econtrol that is 4.5 & 3 litres in Crazy Yellow.

0007173314250.jpg

And we also got a matching 24cm Crazy Yellow Frying pan. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

acrazyyellowfrypanlg.jpg

silit1.jpgsilit2.jpg

And we buy all this even without getting our keys.... :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

At last I recieved my HDB letter last night asking me to collect keys on next tue!! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

I will be throwing the pineapple after that and my ID will also be meeting me there!! So excited... :yamseng: :yamseng:

Kitchen Sink

I have questions on choosing sinks. There are so many patterns in the market and I need some advise from all the experience sifu out there.

1) Undermount or self rimming?

I will be using solid surface so undermount will look nicer right? Will the contractor charge me more for undermount? Since I believe it is more expensive to mount.

2) Single bowl or double bowl?

Single bowl looks simple and neat but double bowl can let me store my washed plates to let it dry.

krauskbu14.jpgorkrauskbu225050.jpg

3) If double bowl, 50/50 or 70/30?

I lean towards 70/30 cos 70 can have more space for washing and 30 for storing wet plates.

krauskbu225050.jpgorkrauskbu7030.jpg

4) I saw some sink with square corners which look pro but the prices are so much more than the round one. Any idea why? Any advantage or disadvantage of using those sinks?

krauskhu1037030.jpg

Any advise? :dunno: :dunno:

Depends on your need... for me, i would have 2 bowls where there is a smaller bowl (your so called 70/30) so that the smaller one can be for drying utensils..... and i would prefer undermount to have seamless look.

Square is the latest trend but difficult to clean the corners... round is easier...

So, its all depending on what you want to do with yr sink. :sport-smiley-004:

Samsung UA46D5500 (around $1699)

samsung46d5500.jpg

The Samsung 46". Think you can get it cheaper from Audiohouse. Is this the SMART TV or just LED?

yamahaysp2200.jpg

yamahayhts40109.jpg

How much are these?

I had a set of one of the Yamaha soundbar that I bought during courts expo sales and 2 days ago bought a Philips Ambisound HTS9140/98 at $980.

I would say that the philips Ambisound is so much better than Yamaha. And phlips Ambisound have a build in blu-ray player. As for Yamaha, you need to buy another player to add on.

I was so amused by the sound quality of the philips soundbar, Yamaha will have to stand aside...

Just my point of view ya....

Depends on your need... for me, i would have 2 bowls where there is a smaller bowl (your so called 70/30) so that the smaller one can be for drying utensils..... and i would prefer undermount to have seamless look.

Square is the latest trend but difficult to clean the corners... round is easier...

So, its all depending on what you want to do with yr sink. :sport-smiley-004:

I had the same thinking..... I also prefer 2 bowls... 70/30 it should be...

I like square but I guess better let my the other half decide... hee... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

I had a set of one of the Yamaha soundbar that I bought during courts expo sales and 2 days ago bought a Philips Ambisound HTS9140/98 at $980.

I would say that the philips Ambisound is so much better than Yamaha. And phlips Ambisound have a build in blu-ray player. As for Yamaha, you need to buy another player to add on.

I was so amused by the sound quality of the philips soundbar, Yamaha will have to stand aside...

Just my point of view ya....

Think I will take a look at this Philips this weekend! Thanks Jass!! :yamseng: :yamseng:

Think I will take a look at this Philips this weekend! Thanks Jass!! :yamseng: :yamseng:

You are most welcome... Remember to look for that particular model, the rest of philips I don't think can produce anything better..