Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
etc

Kim Tian Green - Minimalist

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

based on your floorplan, there's a chance that we might be in the same stack. :)

u'll find that after the sink is put in, the space left really is that much compared to the drawing.

these 3D artworks usually make your space looks much bigger than the final product.

also, u'll sacrifice the top 2 louvers of your kitchen windows making your kitchen darker even in daytime.

the cove lights looks nice though.

btw, where do u plan to place your fridge??

i'm in a dilemma...

Edited by ken4228

3D Sketch - Minimalist Kitchen

81ddf0ec.jpg

sorry if i may sound rude...

in the first place, the drawing is usually not be to scale... secondly, after u put your kettle, rice cooker, juicer, coffee machine, plates, etc...

it will not look minimalist at all.

you could get ur designer to construct cabinets to hide all this, and yes it will not be cheap...

To make the place look bigger, you could do a half wall+glass to replace the wall between living room and kitchen. You could use that area for sink. The illusion of space will make things look "more minimalist" than it actually is.. (provided u can have the discpline to keep all the stuff out of sight)

Cheers!

based on your floorplan, there's a chance that we might be in the same stack. :)

u'll find that after the sink is put in, the space left really is that much compared to the drawing.

these 3D artworks usually make your space looks much bigger than the final product.

also, u'll sacrifice the top 2 louvers of your kitchen windows making your kitchen darker even in daytime.

the cove lights looks nice though.

btw, where do u plan to place your fridge??

i'm in a dilemma...

The fridge goes besides the bomb shelter door. I hate that door actually, can't put anything in front of it, and the kitchen is already so small!

sorry if i may sound rude...

in the first place, the drawing is usually not be to scale... secondly, after u put your kettle, rice cooker, juicer, coffee machine, plates, etc...

it will not look minimalist at all.

you could get ur designer to construct cabinets to hide all this, and yes it will not be cheap...

To make the place look bigger, you could do a half wall+glass to replace the wall between living room and kitchen. You could use that area for sink. The illusion of space will make things look "more minimalist" than it actually is.. (provided u can have the discpline to keep all the stuff out of sight)

Cheers!

Not at all, I welcomed all suggestions.

I don't cook so there will just be a microwave oven and kettle pot on the kitchen counter, hopefully that will help reduce clutter.

If you look at my floor plans the wall between the kitchen and living room cannot be knocked, the only way I can enlarge the kitchen space is to knock down the service yard wall, should I?

The fridge goes besides the bomb shelter door. I hate that door actually, can't put anything in front of it, and the kitchen is already so small!

that's what i thought too. but after the 60cm deep cabinet is up, puttung a fridge there seems to make it really smaller than it already is. might try putting it in the yard and see how it goes.

hacking the windows and bifold door to the yard is an idea if u don't mind your clothes catching the cooking smell.

that's what i thought too. but after the 60cm deep cabinet is up, puttung a fridge there seems to make it really smaller than it already is. might try putting it in the yard and see how it goes.

hacking the windows and bifold door to the yard is an idea if u don't mind your clothes catching the cooking smell.

Or I can shorten the kitchen cabinet to leave some space to fit the fridge in the corner, what do you think?

Or I can shorten the kitchen cabinet to leave some space to fit the fridge in the corner, what do you think?

i've thought of this too. my fridge is 60cm wide and if placed at the corner, not only will it block the power sockets, the hob's heat may get to it too.

i'm in the final stage of reno now. will transport my fridge over after it's done and see how it goes. really don't want to end up putting it in the yard. haiz....

If you do not have lots of stuff, maybe you can consider getting the bottom kitchen cabinet only - to achieve the minimalist look - like the picture you showed. Your kitchen will definitely look more spacious. Agree with Ken4228, all the kettles, rice cooker will definitely spoil that look. Must be very hardworking to keep everything in place.

Not at all, I welcomed all suggestions.

I don't cook so there will just be a microwave oven and kettle pot on the kitchen counter, hopefully that will help reduce clutter.

If you look at my floor plans the wall between the kitchen and living room cannot be knocked, the only way I can enlarge the kitchen space is to knock down the service yard wall, should I?

Hi...I had the same problem previously and that is the kitchen is too small...am thinking...since u do not cook much, perhaps u could really knock down the service yard. It makes a whole world of difference in terms of space. Though we often cook, we still knock down the service yard wall because we prefer the kitchen to have more space, especially the kitchen 'table'...we wanted more working space in the kitchen :)

If you do not have lots of stuff, maybe you can consider getting the bottom kitchen cabinet only - to achieve the minimalist look - like the picture you showed. Your kitchen will definitely look more spacious. Agree with Ken4228, all the kettles, rice cooker will definitely spoil that look. Must be very hardworking to keep everything in place.

Yeah I did tell the ID bottom cabinets would suffice, but I guess the cove lights are his trademarks and you need top cabinets for that. Lol

Yeah I did tell the ID bottom cabinets would suffice, but I guess the cove lights are his trademarks and you need top cabinets for that. Lol

I also don't think the top cabinets are required if you literally don't cook at all (like a friend I know who only boils water) - nor is it absolutely necessary for cove lighting... you can do false ceiling. Given your small kitchen, I think a false ceiling would be nicer (based on my visualization). Purely from a commercial POV, it makes sense to include top cabinets cos carpentry adds to overall reno cost, so make sure your ID really has your interest/the design at heart, and not the profits.

For a really clean look, perhaps you can think about concealing anything that you could potentially expose outside. Think about using built-in microwave, and for kettle, find a niche or cabinet/pull-out drawer for it. It does make a huge difference... unless you have some designer kettle that can serve as a nice decorative feature too, like a spot of bright color/accent.

A skinny sofa makes the living room space looks bigger:

But it will not be comfortable to lounge around in. I'm a huge believer in comfortable sofas/seating in general. So unless you don't have a choice, do re-consider and test your sofa comfort-level before you get a skinny sofa.