Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I stumbled upon this forum and ever since have been addicted to it! Now it's my turn to start a blog to record my renovation journey. We have bought a 4-room resale flat on Christmas eve last year, it was sort of like a Christmas present for us. :thumbs up:

We will officially be a HDB flat owner on 12 April 2012.

Now here is the floor plan.

floorplan.jpg

1. Sofa

2. Lighting

3. Kitchen idea

Edited by ValerieLow

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh mine!!! your quote is so expensive. If i don't calculate wrongly, its $200 per sq feet for kitchen cabinet?

And each lighting point @ 75? i got mine at 30/35 dollars only.

Painting for my whole flat, 4A type, only $1200 for ceiling, walls, doors with sealant too.

Your quote is almost doubled of mine for every single thing! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

I didnt look through everything but I agree with May_dream the electrical stuff is expensive. Why don't you try May_dream or Mae29's ID? They seems good.

The electrical works that the contractor quoted you definitely very expensive! $4.8k to do electrical works?! My contractor lump rewiring in my quotation, and cost only $2.7k, but I never accept the offer. I look for another electrician to do my house rewiring. If you are willing to do some homework, electrical works for rewiring of 4-room resale flats can cost $1.8k-$2.5k. I suppose your house is a new BTO flat?

Oh mine!!! your quote is so expensive. If i don't calculate wrongly, its $200 per sq feet for kitchen cabinet?

And each lighting point @ 75? i got mine at 30/35 dollars only.

Painting for my whole flat, 4A type, only $1200 for ceiling, walls, doors with sealant too.

Your quote is almost doubled of mine for every single thing! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

I feel sad to pay so much for my kitchen cabinet. The contractor quoted me $200 (est) per sq feet too :(

The electrical works that the contractor quoted you definitely very expensive! $4.8k to do electrical works?! My contractor lump rewiring in my quotation, and cost only $2.7k, but I never accept the offer. I look for another electrician to do my house rewiring. If you are willing to do some homework, electrical works for rewiring of 4-room resale flats can cost $1.8k-$2.5k. I suppose your house is a new BTO flat?

my whole flat rewiring costs near to $3k. its really depending on how many lighting points you have. So really have to see each point how much is being charged. I got 28 lighting points, with 3 fan poins, 17 double sockets, 1 oven point, 1 hob point, 1 aircon point and 1 SCV point and opennet. Mine already more than what Valerie is doing and yet mine is slightly less than $3k.

I feel sad to pay so much for my kitchen cabinet. The contractor quoted me $200 (est) per sq feet too :(

your $200 per sq feet incl solid surface? her doesnt!

no lah, i think she bought resale. New BTO don't have 4NG anymore... and its not store room, its bomb shelter. :)

Ridiculous pricing

1) Item 1.1. At 7.3 meter, I am assuming it's is about 3.65 meter top cabinet and and 3.65 meter bottom cabinet? each row of cabinet if it is standard wood laminate, should be about 100 to 130 pfr. At 7.3 meter total length, total feet run is about 21 feet. So, it should be about 2100 to 2730

2) Item 1.6. At 4.6 meter, total feet run is about 14 feet. Solid top should not be more than 100 pfr, so max should be 1400.

3) Electrical pricing is at least 2x more expensive than it should.

4) Painting with top premium paint for your unit size should not be more than 1200

5) Your window area looks very little... Is it full height?If not, paying 5100 for window and grill even for WPC is too expensive...

my whole flat rewiring costs near to $3k. its really depending on how many lighting points you have. So really have to see each point how much is being charged. I got 28 lighting points, with 3 fan poins, 17 double sockets, 1 oven point, 1 hob point, 1 aircon point and 1 SCV point and opennet. Mine already more than what Valerie is doing and yet mine is slightly less than $3k.

Actually, electricians shouldn't charge per lighting point. My electrician charge by per switch. We can link 3 lighting points into 1 switch. It is not always one lighting point = 1 switch, if we do that, our walls will be full of switches. My quotation is calculated based on this, that's why can be less than $2k. No ID/contractor will do that, they want to earn by per lighting point, not by per switch.

woah.. ur 1st item already shocked me.

using my quotation as comparrison, im quoted $1540 for laminated top and bottom kitchen cabinets c/w solid plywood doors. (total 34ft long). 34ft is abt 10.3m

ur contractor is some 红牌 ID/contractor?

your $200 per sq feet incl solid surface? her doesnt!

no lah, i think she bought resale. New BTO don't have 4NG anymore... and its not store room, its bomb shelter. :)

Oh ya hor. Mine is included solid surface, but still less expensive than hers! Mine is 34ft, hers is 23.something feet?! for $4.8k + $1.7k for solid top....

And TS, why you want to hack off the flooring, when you want to paste laminate on the floor? Save the cost for hacking.

Actually, electricians shouldn't charge per lighting point. My electrician charge by per switch. We can link 3 lighting points into 1 switch. It is not always one lighting point = 1 switch, if we do that, our walls will be full of switches. My quotation is calculated based on this, that's why can be less than $2k. No ID/contractor will do that, they want to earn by per lighting point, not by per switch.

mine is done by electrician.... yes, not 1 lighting point = 1 switch. Each lighting point need a wire, that is why it was counted by lighting points... Your way of quotation definitely cheaper if by switch but mine is not too bad considering i have quite a lot of double sockets..

But Valerie's definitely doubled!! :jawdrop:

mine is done by electrician.... yes, not 1 lighting point = 1 switch. Each lighting point need a wire, that is why it was counted by lighting points... Your way of quotation definitely cheaper if by switch but mine is not too bad considering i have quite a lot of double sockets..

But Valerie's definitely doubled!! :jawdrop:

Yes! Her's way too much overquoted. The ID/contractor thought her name is "Robert".

Oh ya hor. Mine is included solid surface, but still less expensive than hers! Mine is 34ft, hers is 23.something feet?! for $4.8k + $1.7k for solid top....

And TS, why you want to hack off the flooring, when you want to paste laminate on the floor? Save the cost for hacking.

usually, kitchen cabinet about $100-$120 psf. So add in solid surface of $80, then will be ard $200 lah. her is without solid surface already $200psf leh.... i see only, i already want to faint! 8|