Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

_______

He quoted me based on solid ash plywood with white spray paint. I didn't choose to use laminated cabinet.

Anyway, i too think it is ridiculously overpriced. The total fee end up to almost 60K, for renovation, kitchen and 1 built-in wardrobe and 1 vanity top (which i didn't post it here). I think for this price i can renovate an EM already LOL. Crazy

It should be solid plywood with white spray paint, the spray paint portion is high gloss, very nice to look at but also very easy scratch... look expensive but in actual fact very cheap to produce so can chop you like a radish (bigger robert than a carrot). If build to European size, it will look like imported kitchen cabinet... to function like European kitchen cabinet, it must installed with full Blum hinges, tandembox and lift up system with servo-drive.

A lot of people ask how much to build a complete Blum system with servo-drive for drawers and lift up top cabinet, i let you count yourself... 1X 3 door drawer unit with servo-drive is $600 (cost), mark up 50% will be $900 per set. You still need to add $200 per foot run for the cabinet+door and add $150~180 (cost) per foot run for Quartz (CasarStone or SilesStone) solid top, mark up 50% will land you with $220~$360 pfr. Let say lower cabinet consists of 900mm (3 feet) width drawer unit, blum parts will cost you $900, cabinet+door another $600 (assuming $200 pfr), Quartz solid top is another $900 (assuming $300 pfr), total price is $2400 just for bottom cabinet, add top cabinet with lift up system with servo-drive is about $1400 for 900mm width. This price is assuming a 50% mark up, if quoted by ID, i saw before 100% mark up.

Sorry for the long winded.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It should be solid plywood with white spray paint, the spray paint portion is high gloss, very nice to look at but also very easy scratch... look expensive but in actual fact very cheap to produce so can chop you like a radish (bigger robert than a carrot). If build to European size, it will look like imported kitchen cabinet... to function like European kitchen cabinet, it must installed with full Blum hinges, tandembox and lift up system with servo-drive.

A lot of people ask how much to build a complete Blum system with servo-drive for drawers and lift up top cabinet, i let you count yourself... 1X 3 door drawer unit with servo-drive is $600 (cost), mark up 50% will be $900 per set. You still need to add $200 per foot run for the cabinet+door and add $150~180 (cost) per foot run for Quartz (CasarStone or SilesStone) solid top, mark up 50% will land you with $220~$360 pfr. Let say lower cabinet consists of 900mm (3 feet) width drawer unit, blum parts will cost you $900, cabinet+door another $600 (assuming $200 pfr), Quartz solid top is another $900 (assuming $300 pfr), total price is $2400 just for bottom cabinet, add top cabinet with lift up system with servo-drive is about $1400 for 900mm width. This price is assuming a 50% mark up, if quoted by ID, i saw before 100% mark up.

albert....very well versed in quotations.

the blum cost you quoted, are they the retail price? i heard contractors can easily get another 20-30% trade discount.

_______

He quoted me based on solid ash plywood with white spray paint. I didn't choose to use laminated cabinet.

Anyway, i too think it is ridiculously overpriced. The total fee end up to almost 60K, for renovation, kitchen and 1 built-in wardrobe and 1 vanity top (which i didn't post it here). I think for this price i can renovate an EM already LOL. Crazy

XD

actually ur quote is even higher than my EM quote.

painting we were only quoted 1.8k for whole house ya..

and at the price of ur bi-fold door.. even our PD door quote was cheaper..

Edited by thedottyness

albert....very well versed in quotations.

the blum cost you quoted, are they the retail price? i heard contractors can easily get another 20-30% trade discount.

The Blum i quoted is based on Blum 2012 Price List, does not include trade discount and prevailing GST rate.

BTW, your floor plan same layout as mine. Is it Serangoon North flat?

Really? Do you have a reno blog too? Can share? Hehehe maybe can get some ideas from you.

Nope, mine is at Bedok Reservoir.

Hi Valerie,

Would you be interested in $1388 for first 20ft of carpentry and $500 for first 10ft of solid surface? All carpentry comes with internal polykem and soft closing hinges.

Are you an ID?

price chart for your reference. this is on the low side.

20120115_011026-1-1.jpg

Very good deal! Lucky you! Can PM me the electrician? Saw your blog, your new house in Bedok Res, same as me. :D

Wow, thanks for the long explanation. At least we have some ideas about the breakdown of the cost. Yeah, indeed i was thinking to do a more classy looking kitchen - victorian style. But since this is a low cost thing, I believe I should be able to find other contractor with more reasonable price. Or maybe finding other alternatives.

f_country3.jpg

Pictures from Cote Kitchens

XD

actually ur quote is even higher than my EM quote.

painting we were only quoted 1.8k for whole house ya..

and at the price of ur bi-fold door.. even our PD door quote was cheaper..

Yah...PD door also doesn't cost that much. I was actually looking for PD door. But he said not good. :rolleyes:

Just a quick note on the things I would like to do:

• Revamp entire kitchen and 2 bathrooms
  • Laminated flooring for living/dining + 3 bedrooms
  • Change all windows and grills
  • Change main gate to wrong iron gate.
  • Hack and change tiles at foyer
  • Whole house plastering + L box ceiling ****/dining area
  • Whole house painting
  • Electrical rewiring

Just a quick note on the things I would like to do:

• Revamp entire kitchen and 2 bathrooms
  • Laminated flooring for living/dining + 3 bedrooms
  • Change all windows and grills
  • Change main gate to wrong iron gate.
  • Hack and change tiles at foyer
  • Whole house plastering + L box ceiling ****/dining area
  • Whole house painting
  • Electrical rewiring

hi fellow reservior resident.....heehee

drop by for a visit if you want to. i cannot tell you how to do your house, but i can share my mistakes.

most of my guest who came to house warming does not know how PD door works, despite it having a "dummy-proof" design. i almost wanted to paste some graphical instructions at the back of the door.

most of my guest who came to house warming does not know how PD door works, despite it having a "dummy-proof" design. i almost wanted to paste some graphical instructions at the back of the door.

That's what my contractor says cos till now, many ppl don't know how to use PD doors yet. That's why easy to spoil. Maybe in 3-4 years time then might be more popular. Then can change loh....