Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
romeltic

Sweet And Minimalist Home@bp

Hi all,

Welcome, my fiancé and I have bought a 4-room flat at bukit panjang senja road.

As we embark on our renovation journey after collecting our keys on early April 2012, we like to share our journey here.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My floor plan..we love the fact that the living room is squarish and the house look quite spacious to us.

We hope that our home will be spacious and minimalistic after renovation yeah!

floorplan.jpg

Below is our proposed floor plan designs. Will appreciate for any comments or advise here. :) as this is our first home and will like to get some pointers from all the experts here hehe

2d design

floorplan-2d-design.jpg

3d design

floorplan-3d-design.jpg

The current condition of the house. Didnt really like the dark flooring so most likely going to hack and lay the homogenous tiles.

Living Room

living-room.png

Kitchen

kitchen.png

Room 1

common-room-1.png

Master Bedroom

master-bedroom.png

Room 2

common-room-2.png

The quotation looks pretty decent... Check with them what kind of paint can be used. Is it top premium?

2 comments on your design

1] No storeroom? Storeroom is important in my opinion.

2) TV watching area is too close to the rooms. Maybe noisy to those in the room. I must say, it seems not so easy to decide where to put the sofa and TV though...

Edited by beluga

Hi, beluga,

Thanks for the interesting comments.

Ya I checking with my contractor what kind of paint can be used any idea what is the benefits of using top premium paints? I only know nippon paint or ici dulux paint

Ohh the previous owner already hack away the store room so we will try to build in more storage space to store things

instead

Yes another approach will be to mount the tv again the balcony side wall but will that be an issue if sometimes window not closed properly and rains seep through?

Hi, beluga,

Thanks for the interesting comments.

Ya I checking with my contractor what kind of paint can be used any idea what is the benefits of using top premium paints? I only know nippon paint or ici dulux paint

Ohh the previous owner already hack away the store room so we will try to build in more storage space to store things

instead

Yes another approach will be to mount the tv again the balcony side wall but will that be an issue if sometimes window not closed properly and rains seep through?

Hehehe.... as always, the belief of 一分錢一分貨. So, assuming more expensive premium ones like all-in-1 and easywash is better. In reality, I don't know either how good they are. I posted such question too in RT but no one replied.

Your current design is indeed tough to decide where to mount the TV. The place you suggested is best in term of least sunlight glare. I guess would be best to mount at the long wall that leads to the main door? Also, it will occupy the middle space that looks so empty with your current idea.

Perhaps you can build a full height cabinet outside room 3 to make it as a storeroom.

The design that you have proposed, I feel that the living room is too empty. Maybe you should shift your entertainment area to place beside the balcony. Even if outside can see your tv console/tv, outsiders also cannot see your sofa because you have a small "corridor" to block your seating area. You can also build a storeroom beside bedroom 2, so your entertainment area becomes a rectangular shape, rather than the current awkward shape.

Hi romeltic,

Congrats to your new place :thumbs up:

Think for MBR, the bed is just outside the entrance to the toilet ?

All the best in your reno ; )

Hehehe.... as always, the belief of 一分錢一分貨. So, assuming more expensive premium ones like all-in-1 and easywash is better. In reality, I don't know either how good they are. I posted such question too in RT but no one replied.

Your current design is indeed tough to decide where to mount the TV. The place you suggested is best in term of least sunlight glare. I guess would be best to mount at the long wall that leads to the main door? Also, it will occupy the middle space that looks so empty with your current idea.

hehe i also trying to ask my contractor on the premium pain if he replies i will reply back to you haha..

Any reason for your suggestion to mount the tv at the long wall? yeah agree it look bit empty now...

The design that you have proposed, I feel that the living room is too empty. Maybe you should shift your entertainment area to place beside the balcony. Even if outside can see your tv console/tv, outsiders also cannot see your sofa because you have a small "corridor" to block your seating area. You can also build a storeroom beside bedroom 2, so your entertainment area becomes a rectangular shape, rather than the current awkward shape.

Sounds like a good idea.

Jus curious is there any reason why new flats most of thence have tv and sofa placed near the balcony?

Hmm I don't intend to build storeroom still as I prefer to have a more spacious living room. Will try to add more hidden storage to store stuff instead

Place the TV at the long wall to utilize that big empty space lor.... Can also box up the kitchen and put the dining area at your current propose TV area then while eating can watch TV also. If you prefer open kitchen concept then just create a kitchen counter across the kitchen....

Hi romeltic,

Congrats to your new place :thumbs up:

Think for MBR, the bed is just outside the entrance to the toilet ?

Thanks will appreciate for any design ideas or comments hehe :)

All the best in your reno ; )