Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
romeltic

Sweet And Minimalist Home@bp

Place the TV at the long wall to utilize that big empty space lor.... Can also box up the kitchen and put the dining area at your current propose TV area then while eating can watch TV also. If you prefer open kitchen concept then just create a kitchen counter across the kitchen....

Thanks for the interesting suggestions

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Is it ok to place study table and study area in living room?

Any advise on this?

I also agree that your living area should be somewhere near the balcony. I would think that placing a study table in front of bedroom 2 is more ideal.

Hi all,

Thanks for the input about the proposed floor plan design.

Please refer to the below updated designs and i hope there will be more feedbacks provided hehe.

2d design updated

floorplan-2d-design-14032012.png

3d design updated

floorplan-3d-design-14032012.png

Is it ok to place study table and study area in living room?

Any advise on this?

Yup, I will be putting my kids study table in the Dining area. (Cause room no space for study). (you can look at my T-blog)

Also it will create an open area in using the Computer as well. So that they won't have any chances of doing any funny business (at least at this stage lar). ; p

Hi all,

Thanks for the input about the proposed floor plan design.

Please refer to the below updated designs and i hope there will be more feedbacks provided hehe.

2d design updated

floorplan-2d-design-14032012.png

3d design updated

floorplan-3d-design-14032012.png

I was thinking for your MBR, if you swap position between your wardrobe and bed, than it might be more smooth flow.

i.e. after shower, come out, wardrobe to choose & select your cloths : )

Than to increase some privacy on the bed, you can have a feature wall just after opening the door (creating a L walk-in), or for more simper design, a curtain after the door. So that when door open, it can see your bed directly.

Hi beluga, I actually checked with the contractor and he only told me it is either ici/Nippon paint and 6 colors plus white...

Haha so in the end still not able to know what does premium paint means exactly

hehe i also trying to ask my contractor on the premium pain if he replies i will reply back to you haha..

Any reason for your suggestion to mount the tv at the long wall? yeah agree it look bit empty now...

Hi beluga, I actually checked with the contractor and he only told me it is either ici/Nippon paint and 6 colors plus white...

Haha so in the end still not able to know what does premium paint means exactly

Premium means easy wash/odourless for Nippon and All-in-1 for ICI

Somehow I still feel that the living room is still very empty. Are you engaging ID? Maybe can ask ID's opinion on how to fully utilise the living hall's space?

Hi ayazumi, yes i just got few IDs and contractors to view my house.

Some of them mention they will provide me with a layout plan.

Look forward to it.

Thanks

Somehow I still feel that the living room is still very empty. Are you engaging ID? Maybe can ask ID's opinion on how to fully utilise the living hall's space?

Below is the photo of my door entrance to the home...

It is a fire rated door and my understanding from the ID/contractors are that if i want to change the door need to also change to a similar fire rated door which will be thousand plus..so now likely to be just touchup on the holes and also repainting of the door and door grill and changing of the locks.

entrancedoor.jpg

I have the following queries.

1. Is it possible to chip off the protruding wood and make like walnut color like below image?

DSC01303.jpg

2. For the door grill is it nicer to change to the current hdb style like got some designs want. But actually the current one look more secure though.