Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
romeltic

Sweet And Minimalist Home@bp

Do you mean you want to make the main door to a smooth door, instead of having the square patterns on the door? I think it is possible to do it, but your door may get some damages. Even if paint over, you might still see the hole. I would rather leave the door as it is, since your main gate block the main door, outside people also can't notice the difference. The main gate that HDB provided is definitely more solid than the trendy wrought iron gates. It doesn't look as bad as the old HDB gate.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think there is something to fill up the holes, using by contractors who install digital door lock. So you might wanna check on this? Just keep the door, close eyes on the pattern, paint it dark loh.. Save your money for sth else for now..

Yes i am thinking of make the main door to a smooth door instead of having the square patterns. Ohh...I kind of agree as well.

Thanks for your suggestion

Do you mean you want to make the main door to a smooth door, instead of having the square patterns on the door? I think it is possible to do it, but your door may get some damages. Even if paint over, you might still see the hole. I would rather leave the door as it is, since your main gate block the main door, outside people also can't notice the difference. The main gate that HDB provided is definitely more solid than the trendy wrought iron gates. It doesn't look as bad as the old HDB gate.

Beside painting it darks are there other nice colors for the entrance door?

Anyone seens any hdb with interesting color entrance door?

I actually did my own researh previously and saw people painting blue, white.

Sometimes i actually thinkin of blue color cos relaxing feel hahaha

I think there is something to fill up the holes, using by contractors who install digital door lock. So you might wanna check on this? Just keep the door, close eyes on the pattern, paint it dark loh.. Save your money for sth else for now..

Just wondering are there any interesting way to hide this or beautify it? Most likely will be just repainted hehe.

IMG_1928.jpg

Also got advise to redo the whole house rewiring they say is probably is about 2k to 3k.

IMG_1929.jpg

Below is the photo of my door entrance to the home...

It is a fire rated door and my understanding from the ID/contractors are that if i want to change the door need to also change to a similar fire rated door which will be thousand plus..so now likely to be just touchup on the holes and also repainting of the door and door grill and changing of the locks.

I have the following queries.

1. Is it possible to chip off the protruding wood and make like walnut color like below image?

2. For the door grill is it nicer to change to the current hdb style like got some designs want. But actually the current one look more secure though.

Yes, it is possible to do that. Get your carpenter to 'scrap-off' the design. Once done, you have a choice of either re-painting or laminate it. In my case, I have the door laminated.

Happy reno, romeltic.

Wow... antique switches. Looks like the electrical wires are over 20yrs? It's time to do electrical rewiring for whole house. When you do rewiring for the house, they will change a new DB box for you. Don't need to repaint the DB box. New DB box is about $80-120.

Most likely will place TV in this location:

IMG_1930.jpg

I know that many people will put feature wall..but actaully i not very keen to do that. Will prefer just simple put the tv on the central then a simple console below then maybe bit of false wall to hide the wiring something like this

LivingRoom.jpg

Below is my living room floor tiles and balcony floor tiles.

Feedback i gotten was to just both hack to new homogenous tiles for a more spacious look.

What do you all suggest? To have a different tiles for balcony or the same?

And also will you all propose to have a platform for the balcony area?

IMG_1931.jpg

This is the balcony area.

I have been thinking whether should still keep a balcony area and have a sliding door so as to have a differnt area for relaxing like reading books etc separate from the main living room area where other member of the family may be watching tv..will appreciate suggestion also.

IMG_1932.jpg

Another tough choice to make is whether to replace the windows..i am under the the impression that most people when move to new house will change windows..and window grill to those white color style..But my feedback from id/contractor is to just save on this cost and renovate other portion which are more necessary cos this windows change will be like 3 to 5k? Would appreciate for some views on this also.

Below is the pipe that is currently not hidden in the balcony area. I am propose with 3 options and wonder which is a better choice.

1. Hide the pipe with a box. If next time hdb inspect may request to remove.

2. Hide the pipe with a cabinet that can be opened. So that pipe is choked can easily get people to fix.

3. Hide the pipe with a full height caibinet that has door and also can store other items. Think will be quite costly to do so just to hide the pipe.

IMG_1933.jpg

This is also another issue currently cos the bottom windows are fixed and not movable and does not look nice at all. I am also presented with few options which i cracking my brain haha

1. Remove the bottom windows and if water seeps in. Just install the sliding door to block the rain from coming into the house.

2. Change the bottom windows to a nicer designs and also sliding windows.

3. Remove the bottom windows and install another false wall to cover it. But they mention some concerns like the rain may corrode the false wall etc.

Pardon me if i am not using the correct terms..haha

IMG_1935.jpg

This is my current kitchen. I will be hacking away the whole kitchen cabinet.

But one thing to consider is whether to have a separate kitchen tiles that is rough or just use the same tiles as the living room cos i want to achieve a spacious house feeling by having a open concept kitchen. Will appreciate if anyone got some views on this also.

IMG_1936.jpg

Another issue of concern is this:

Yes to hide the pipe i am also presented with options haha

1. Hide the pipe with false ceiling.

2. Hide the pipe with extra kitchen cabinet. Will be more costly but can store some items there also. Although will be troublesome to retrieve.

IMG_1937.jpg

My current kitchen layout. I plan to do a L shaped kitchen but still thinking the L shape should start from which area. One idea i got is to start from left side put fridge then the kitchen so the fridge and the cabinet will be flushed/aligned.

IMG_1938.jpg

This is my service balcony. It seens to me the door is still usable and looks ok so most likely will remain as it is. Anyone have idea if i change to glass door or frosted glass door for this how much will it cost?

i don't really like the the window in the wall though, i think it is very old style and want to change to the normal room panel style windows. But i also got other suggestions like removing the entire wall with the window to achieve a more spacious feel. I don't think i will remove the wall cos i like the idea that the service balcony can act as a separate room also.

I am just thinking my service balcony is actaully quite big and i like to ask whether you all have other usage for service balcony other than hanging clothes and washing clothes.

IMG_1939.jpg

this pipe though is likely to remain unhidden cos i think after painting should be quite ok.

IMG_1941.jpg

Saw this floor trap and wonder how to hide it. I saw at this forum thread that can buy something to hide the floor trap. Wonder if anyone here have also used it before and what are the comments

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45539&st=40

IMG_1942.jpg

My common toilet entrance.

IMG_1944.jpg

Few options available:

1. Change door to another new bi fold door

2. Change door to sliding door. But somehow the id/contractor does not seen to recommend it. Cant remember the reason

3. Change door to frosted glass door. This seens to be a popular option base on what i seen in other people houses E.g. this is done very nicely:

DSC01263.jpg

. The top window will also change to frosted glass style but cant really visualise for now cos no picutre to see.

Edited by romeltic

My common toilet pipings looks kind of big. I thinking to hide it by boxing it up.

But my inputs from id/contractor seens to be contradicting. Some say to hide it..some say hide it also will look very cramped.

But i still more keen to hide and then also put some lights inside. Hoping it will not look too cramped.

IMG_1945.jpg

Btw, anyone know where can find smaller style toilet bowls? Cos i intend to push a wash basin beside the toilet bowl. But the toilet bowl is taking up more space and cannot be shifted.

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

Edited by romeltic