Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XTR

S&s Self-Designed Home In The East

wooohoo, adidaem finally visit my blog. jjang ! :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

We did see similar-ish fans like this but the didnt like the curly depression of the motor.

Thank you for the link. A lot of the other silent readers will surely check it out.

Huh? I've been part of the majority (aka silent reader) for a while. :) Your 2nd post caught my attention but been waiting for you to show more pics mah.

Ya, I prefer the plainer model you got too. I also contemplated spray painting my balcony fan until my ID found the black one that we finally got from Relite. For a tropical country, you'll wonder why the selection of fan models we have is so s****y compared to UK or the USA. :bleah:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Huh? I've been part of the majority (aka silent reader) for a while. :) Your 2nd post caught my attention but been waiting for you to show more pics mah.

Ya, I prefer the plainer model you got too. I also contemplated spray painting my balcony fan until my ID found the black one that we finally got from Relite. For a tropical country, you'll wonder why the selection of fan models we have is so s****y compared to UK or the USA. :bleah:

you flat is one of a kind and mine wont be as nice and clean cut as yours :good: .

yar... no matter how many places i go, i just cant find any proper looking fan. Those lamps that are fixed underneath the motor.... :dunno:

you flat is one of a kind and mine wont be as nice and clean cut as yours :good: .

yar... no matter how many places i go, i just cant find any proper looking fan. Those lamps that are fixed underneath the motor.... :dunno:

Thanks. Different theme lar, yours is also one of a kind with your DIY wall.

Dunno why so many fan designs are stuck in the 80s... for silent readers, I think this black fan model looks less 'offensive': ;)

http://www.relitespecialty.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_35_37&products_id=90

But functionality over looks lar, my contractor told me they've installed fans that costs a few thousand dollars (from XTRA) that is not at all breezy.

val, make sure u buy 3 pairs for the sofa! It needs to be able to take the weight in the middle, esp if guests come and all sit and squeeze on the sofa. You got to check if the underneath has space for u to screw it in.

I popped my head under some of the ikea cupboards and some didnt have space to screw or some was just using chipboard for the base which is very weak. The karlstad series is nice except the legs. Replace with real nice legs and ppl will think your sofa is 2-3k kind :sport-smiley-004:

Good idea about the study table. the numerar top is a very good solid top. the ikea staff said only need to use olive oil for oiling. dun need to buy from them. Or best is just get Pledge spray. Can polish a lot of your surfaces for 1 item. Going for the 1.2m or 1.8m long one?

Haha, we plan to get the 2.46m one Cut it into 2m and use the rest of the table top as side table in the living room. Not sure whether Ikea provides the cutting service or we have to saw it ourselves :jawdrop:

By the way, what kind of spray did you use for your fan? $80 per fan seems like a good deal, those we saw were all priced at $98! Maybe you bought more, so cheaper?

Edited by ValerieLow

big wide kitchen sink (rubine 810-83U)) from poh joo. $332. Anywhere cheaper?

IMG_1320.jpg

Try Inzwerkz @Vertex in Ubi or even SGAppliances for quote. The latter doesn't charge GST, so you may get some savings there. I got my Rubine Punto mixers from Inzwerk, albeit through a friend, so the pricing was pretty good.

sinks + basin + wc

I will need the forumers to help double check my prices for future purchases. While i did my walks around jalan besar, balestier and geylang, i find that all these shops will sell some items much cheaper than others while other items will be expensive. Considering proximity and pricing, I decided to buy from Poh Joo and Poh Seng separate items. Royal franco's item arent that cheap.

arino-great simple design ($350) and wash basin-keeping it large and simple from poh seng ($115).

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

The price you got should be ok. My Caprios were bought from Genova at $350 each incl GST as well, and included bidet sprays as part of the package.

Haha, we plan to get the 2.46m one Cut it into 2m and use the rest of the table top as side table in the living room. Not sure whether Ikea provides the cutting service or we have to saw it ourselves :jawdrop:

By the way, what kind of spray did you use for your fan? $80 per fan seems like a good deal, those we saw were all priced at $98! Maybe you bought more, so cheaper?

Yah i hope they will cut for u for free. If cant, ask your carpenters to cut. Confirm free one. 2m desk is a very nice long length. =)

For any left overs, maybe can use it for chopping board or pizza board too.

i bought the sprays from a paint shop in geylang. while i was there, it seems that a lot of contractors will come and buy all their paint from him. i am trying to find online his location. just to gauge how cheap his items will be: a normal spraying nippon can will be $7-8 at hdb shops while he charges $5.50. He has an in-house brand which he charges $2.50 each. I bought about 6 black cans for the 4 fans double coating. For another diy job later, i bought 62 white spray cans.

The price you got should be ok. My Caprios were bought from Genova at $350 each incl GST as well, and included bidet sprays as part of the package.

thank you for the link. Will b useful for other ppl. Just want to make sure didnt get chopped badly. Got a lot of shops sell this arino for $500. Really just eat the $150 extra like that. 8|

meanwhile the wall covering the sliding glass door has been erected with bricks then filled with cement and then plastered.

cant play with cement too long because it will suck all the water from your hand and makes it very wrinkly.

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

so all this took 3-4days (hacking + plastering)

then it was time to put in a new rubbish chute cover and as you can see on the left side of the pic, a new fresh cement platform is created for the kitchen cabinet. we are going for the suspended kitchen cabinets.

pros to it is that while washing the kitchen floor there is no need to worry about water. it also makes the kitchen more open and 'airy'.

cons to it is less storage space.

IMG_1352.jpg

standing from kitchen looking at the living room. left side is brick wall still drying.

IMG_1353.jpg

Edited by XTR

the progress is looking really good!

after you posted pics of egg3, my hubs and i went to take a look see too! loved the stuff there.. but many pieces seem to be per piece basis? once sold = gone??

the progress is looking really good!

after you posted pics of egg3, my hubs and i went to take a look see too! loved the stuff there.. but many pieces seem to be per piece basis? once sold = gone??

yes...yes.

They only have 5-6 items. Once sold can say byebye to it. Unless you ask them quickly if they are going to reproduce it. Some of their items are priced ridiculously high while there are some that they priced quite reasonable. I also dont know how they calculate it.

The cement walls and flooring look great! I don't mind to leave the raw cement untouched.

hello aya, the walls and flooring here not good enough lar. we panicked actually. Its just not grey grey enough.

everynight we would take torchlight and go check on the tone of the cement. in the beginning, we told our contractor if the colour of the cement is wrong, we will stop the whole reno. do or die :furious: :furious: :furious: bang! :fire: :fire: :fire:

anyway, there are many different grades of cement.