Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XTR

S&s Self-Designed Home In The East

silver kitchen cabinets are up. very impt to have space in kitchen.

plastic film havent peeled off from cabinets

IMG_1734.jpg

another view from window side

IMG_1735.jpg

plastic film peeled off

IMG_1740.jpg

close up shots. the carpenters attitude were excellent. kept re-aligning until its perfect.

IMG_1739.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, very nice lamp! Which are the shops in SG selling them? I can't seems to find them in those lighting shops along balestier. :(

close up of the lamp. there are a number of light shops in sg sell new and clean ones.

IMG_2475.jpg

Those long handle bars are not cheap and he gives you FOC! I like the long bars! So far does the handle bar obstruct your way when you are preparing meals or accidentally knock the bars? My hubby is worried about additional handle bars may obstruct the way, but I don't think it will and kitchen cabinet looks nicer with handle bars

Those long handle bars are not cheap and he gives you FOC! I like the long bars! So far does the handle bar obstruct your way when you are preparing meals or accidentally knock the bars? My hubby is worried about additional handle bars may obstruct the way, but I don't think it will and kitchen cabinet looks nicer with handle bars

I think the handles are for his big wardrobe :P

Hi, very nice lamp! Which are the shops in SG selling them? I can't seems to find them in those lighting shops along balestier. :(

hi renotm, sg dont have. i got it through ebay. u sure u like this kind? its old but surely with a story. :thumbs up:

Yr contractor so nice~

The kitchen cabinet progress is looking good

yah ... hmm...really not bad. there are also a few good contractors out there. we did go out lunch makan makan together and he paid for it. (of course i didnt want to la). he also offered to lend his new bmw car for my wedding last year. (i declined cuz paiseh). i think other contractors got do this too--> he ferried me around to buy extra spray. (just happened that he was free and On The Way)

hmmm..what else? I added extras like 6 more switches + 1 lan pt + 1 tv pt last minute. Ah, he absorbed it for me. Does your contractor absorb this or are u asked to pay?

YES! i really am stunned. He just told me its not cheap. I smiled and kept quiet. :D :D :D

I think the handles are for his big wardrobe :P

yah aya, the handles are for my wardrobe. Having handles will make it easier to know where to open the doors. Have handle and dont have handle also will look nice....so it depends on which one is more appealing to you.

i just read a magazine that its good to have the bottom cabinets suspended so that your legs wont hit the bottom when u are washing. Good thing is that it also makes the kitchen bigger but sacrifice storage space.

For our top cabinets, we also didnt build all the way because we put t5 on top of it.

I hope Alan will give me nice long handles as well. :rolleyes:

He will be nice to u one la. Just also be nice and communicate with him. Fwen Fwen him. Tell him u promoting him on renotalk.

At the same time, pls tell him that i am also supporting him.

Can ask for more? I also want. :lol:

Hahahaha! not cheap to him man. Want to ask also paiseh to ask.

testing out the lights in the kitchen. t5 on top and underneath of top cabinets.

for the spotlights, the lighting is way way brighter. iphone didnt capture properly.

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

forgot to post bathroom lights too. found these mirror light bulbs. love it ;)

IMG_1789.jpg

while the carpenters were doing the cabinets, one of them taught me how to drill (never did before). so to help save time, i helped to put up our curtain rails and this metal arm for our plasma tv below.

for this one, i had to find the direct distro because its just not in the market anymore. whats so good about this is that it can swivel left right up down and take the weight of the bigger range of screens. i think those in the market right now can only turn left and right. correct me if i am wrong.

IMG_1771.jpg

so we bought this plasma tv from Best. its better to buy from best or harvey because tvs spoil easily. so good to get the extended warranty. like some here, we dont like lcd and led because images just lags. cant stand the crappy lag. till the day led's response time shortens, we will stick to plasmas. also, we chose not to have any feature wall because just dont see the need for any. save money save money!

this tv can swivel left to face our study room, face centre for living room and face right for dining.

IMG_1802.jpg

just then, wife's best friend also decided to buy us a house warming gift. we told her specifically what model we wanted.

we were given this rice cooker from her. at least its a rice cooker that doesnt look like one and colour fits the kitchen to a T. QL, thanks!

IMG_1774.jpg

just some random info. thought it was going to be hard to find these but its just at any of those hdb hardware shops.

*note! these clothes are very poor absorbers.

IMG_1804.jpg

finally bosch fridge came! big silver side by side fridge. fetish for big solid handles.

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

just some random info. thought it was going to be hard to find these but its just at any of those hdb hardware shops.

*note! these clothes are very poor absorbers.

IMG_1804.jpg

I totally agree that these towels are very poor absorbers. I bought these towels at nearby hardware shop to do cleaning, and the cloth cannot absorb the water.