Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

thanks hello for helping me reply ;)

yeap, hello is right.

the previous owner has gone thru divorce case and ordered by court to sell within 6mths,...and initially, the owner asked for quite high COV and nobody buys.....hahahah :D

then when i went to view,....the valuation is expiring in few days time,..and their deadline of 6mths has overdued.

so, they are kind of under *force sell* situation....keke :)

Hi Jessie,

I am from Hougang too.. understand from the thread.. u staying on the 4th storey EM which mean on the 3rd flr and 4th flr. Is your unit warm and how the facing?

I'm staying on 2nd flr in a 13 storey unit.. which mean 5 units above me. Had a gigantic tree shaded my MBR and balcony.. so pretty alrite. My electrician is staying 8th flr in Ave 7 commented high unit very hot.

:dancingqueen:

Gosh! my reno cost be like 70K include fixtures. :deal: Huge pocket damage.

When I view the unit, thinking of just overlay laminate. Then take the key and get a few contractors to quote and end up overhaul the hse cos most of the existing tiles are hollow.. so in no time due to moisture it will just explode... :furious:

thanks hello for helping me reply ;)

yeap, hello is right.

the previous owner has gone thru divorce case and ordered by court to sell within 6mths,...and initially, the owner asked for quite high COV and nobody buys.....hahahah :D

then when i went to view,....the valuation is expiring in few days time,..and their deadline of 6mths has overdued.

so, they are kind of under *force sell* situation....keke :)

Hi Jessie,

I am from Hougang too.. understand from the thread.. u staying on the 4th storey EM which mean on the 3rd flr and 4th flr. Is your unit warm and how the facing?

I'm staying on 2nd flr in a 13 storey unit.. which mean 5 units above me. Had a gigantic tree shaded my MBR and balcony.. so pretty alrite. My electrician is staying 8th flr in Ave 7 commented high unit very hot.

When I view the unit, thinking of just overlay laminate. Then take the key and get a few contractors to quote and end up overhaul the hse cos most of the existing tiles are hollow.. so in no time due to moisture it will just explode... :furious:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Recently, My 2nd flr common toilet have leakage on the ceiling near the water/sewage pipe. I bot the unit from HDB and it within 1 yr. And have contacted the Branch office, but the office in charge say I have to share half the cost with the unit above mine. I still waiting for the respone as the officer say couldn't get the owner. :dunno:

And not too sure what the price like..

same thing happened to my Aunt's toilet (not EM) and already staying there for several years. Complained to HDB and after inspection and ding dong here ding dong there....finally they arranged contractor to hack the tiles, do water proofing and re-tiled back. Think my aunt paid $250 sama sama like her neighbour downstairs. In fact, this is the 2nd time as a year ago, her toilet ceiling leaking so also had to share cost with the neighbour upstairs. I think at least still cheaper than if it happens to the toilet in our kitchen cos who can we share cost with??? our spouses..... :o

Hi Jessie,

Hi Jessie,

sorry, hijack your post to Jessie.

no la, I think Jessie's unit wld be 4th and 5th floor.

your electrician staying which Blk? I think more to do with the facing of the unit as some units high floor and very windy....hmmm....NS facing should be the most ideal right?

U're staying near Punggol Pri right? memory getting lousy liao

wow 70k....big hole and heartpain right but end of the day must love your EM and happy to return home to your swee swee house after a hard day at work.

I also hack away the old tiles and got contractor to do cement screed first before laying the laminates.

same thing happened to my Aunt's toilet (not EM) and already staying there for several years. Complained to HDB and after inspection and ding dong here ding dong there....finally they arranged contractor to hack the tiles, do water proofing and re-tiled back. Think my aunt paid $250 sama sama like her neighbour downstairs. In fact, this is the 2nd time as a year ago, her toilet ceiling leaking so also had to share cost with the neighbour upstairs. I think at least still cheaper than if it happens to the toilet in our kitchen cos who can we share cost with??? our spouses..... :o

sorry, hijack your post to Jessie.

no la, I think Jessie's unit wld be 4th and 5th floor.

your electrician staying which Blk? I think more to do with the facing of the unit as some units high floor and very windy....hmmm....NS facing should be the most ideal right?

U're staying near Punggol Pri right? memory getting lousy liao

wow 70k....big hole and heartpain right but end of the day must love your EM and happy to return home to your swee swee house after a hard day at work.

I also hack away the old tiles and got contractor to do cement screed first before laying the laminates.

Oh ya.. Hello88, u staying at ave7 huh just opp the church.. dun know where he is facing.. but while doing my hse.. he keep complaining his too warm..

Yes. Punggol Pri is just beside me. YA.. so I did the same .. cement screed 1st then laminate.

Qns.. How did u maintain your laminate? Cleaning...? Any clue and tips. Contractor told me just water will do and dry mopping...

70K ..yes man.. dun know how come so much money.. we already DIY and try to choose cheap n durable material.... I go for all white.. I took some pictures.. can teach me how to upload here. when i reach home.. i upload and can share pic with you guys.

70K ..yes man.. dun know how come so much money.. we already DIY and try to choose cheap n durable material.... I go for all white.. I took some pictures.. can teach me how to upload here. when i reach home.. i upload and can share pic with you guys.

70k reno, u must have overhaul the whole unit right?

Oh ya.. Hello88, u staying at ave7 huh just opp the church.. dun know where he is facing.. but while doing my hse.. he keep complaining his too warm..

Yes. Punggol Pri is just beside me. YA.. so I did the same .. cement screed 1st then laminate.

Qns.. How did u maintain your laminate? Cleaning...? Any clue and tips. Contractor told me just water will do and dry mopping...

maybe your electrician staying same block as me. Didnt know my block got an electrician. For my unit, only balcony and a smalll part of my MBR affected by the West (sun) but its good la because laundry gets dried up very fast in the balcony.

No need much maintenance for laminates. We use the magiclean wiper sheet to 'sweep' the laminates. This wiper sheet is really good for picking up dust on our floors and cupboards, etc. Its really a good helper when doing housework. I usually mop my laminates with sofix (for laminates), sometimes I also use Ajax. I use magic mop, microfibre mop or use a cloth to hand mop if I'm extra hardworking. So far, I never use solely water to clean as I still considered a cleaning freak and prefer the floor to smell nice and clean.

I think u must have alot of carpentry eg. wardrobes in all rooms, shoe cabinets, TV cabinet, etc.

U can use www.photobucket.com which is earlier to post the pic.

image.jpg

This is from TPY's post:-

.upload.jpg

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1142

show you how to upload photos and show it here.

simply go to or http://www.photobucket.com , upload your photos and click 'Host it'

Copy the codes in the textbox entitled ' Thumbnail for forums' and paste them in your post.

Edited by hello88

Recently, My 2nd flr common toilet have leakage on the ceiling near the water/sewage pipe. I bot the unit from HDB and it within 1 yr. And have contacted the Branch office, but the office in charge say I have to share half the cost with the unit above mine. I still waiting for the respone as the officer say couldn't get the owner. :dunno:

And not too sure what the price like..

if within ONE year, can fight for FOC.

70k reno? :jawdrop: mine only 20k

most of us pocket big big hole :( . Think u the only one without any hole :yamseng:

if you bought your flat from HDB(with 1yr) = everything HDB bao kar liao.

if resale -

1) horizontal sewage pipe = town council(not hdb) will settle it.

2) curved sewage pipe = you pay. Get hdb to arrange a contractor.

BTW - ask your contractor to DOUBLE CHECK that the culprit is the sewer pipes and not your waterproofing of the toilet upstairs. Or else you will be paying DOUBLE - once for the sewer pipes then leaks again, hack the toilet again.

Thanks for the info. My EM is 20 years old. I am doing the waterproofing for all the toilets, kitchen and balcony so there is a possibility there. Am going down today to check it out. Have also arranged for HDB to come down on Monday morning to take a look at it.

hi hi all EM kakis ;)

hello88, thanks for helping me answer ;)

yeap, mine is 4th & 5th floor.

my facing is NS and it's real windy.

mine is ave 8,...just next to the sports complex, swimming pool area... ;)

finally went for my 1st appt last friday.. tat was my SELLING appt. i cant do contra cos the buyer of my unit is doing contra.. so my BUYING 1st appt is tomorrow. 2nd appt is tentatively 22/08, we took the max 8 weeks. But buyer request to come in ard 2 weeks in advance cos they wanna do some minor reno(like built-in wardrobe).

Hopefully i can move into my new unit at woodlands by mid Aug. Contractors told me EM reno takes abt 6-8weeks. just hope that it will be in time for my Hari Raya on 1st Oct...

Cant wait to gat the keys and see the reno gets going.. but at the same time sad sad cos gonna part wif abt 55k for the reno.

finally went for my 1st appt last friday.. tat was my SELLING appt. i cant do contra cos the buyer of my unit is doing contra.. so my BUYING 1st appt is tomorrow. 2nd appt is tentatively 22/08, we took the max 8 weeks. But buyer request to come in ard 2 weeks in advance cos they wanna do some minor reno(like built-in wardrobe).

Hopefully i can move into my new unit at woodlands by mid Aug. Contractors told me EM reno takes abt 6-8weeks. just hope that it will be in time for my Hari Raya on 1st Oct...

Cant wait to gat the keys and see the reno gets going.. but at the same time sad sad cos gonna part wif abt 55k for the reno.

I went for my 1st appointment last Tuesday but will only be collecting my keys on 1st Sep, as the seller requsts for more time to shift out. They are changing from EM to a 3room, so lots of things to clear. I'm planning to shift in only by Dec 08, so I guess 1st Sep still ok for me to do minor renov, cleaning and delivery of furniture / applicance. :)

So, which ID/contractor have you confirmed with?

hi hi all EM kakis ;)

cool.. which mean like condo facilities.. can go gym and as well as swim...

I always bring my kids to the pool there.. but next time have one more option at he new pool at anchovervale.. they have slides there...

So it is near the SPC petrol kisok there...huh :yamseng:

hi hi all EM kakis ;)

I always bring my kids to the pool there.. but next time have one more option at he new pool at anchovervale.. they have slides there...

So it is near the SPC petrol kisok there...huh

:yamseng:

Ya.. Still can't figure out where i spend at.. Everything i already trying to go cheap cheap.. still...burst..

U didn't hack the whole hse.. isn't it

most of us pocket big big hole :( . Think u the only one without any hole :yamseng:

Thanks Hello88.. for the guide on uploading the photos.. However .. I started a blog instead... easier to upload from my picasa at home...

for your eyes, kindly surf:

http://whitetreepart2.blogspot.com/

cool, simple and white.

So it is near the SPC petrol kisok there...huh :yamseng:

So it is near the SPC petrol kisok there...huh

:yamseng:

Ya.. Still can't figure out where i spend at.. Everything i already trying to go cheap cheap.. still...burst..

U didn't hack the whole hse.. isn't it

Thanks Hello88.. for the guide on uploading the photos.. However .. I started a blog instead... easier to upload from my picasa at home...

for your eyes, kindly surf:

http://whitetreepart2.blogspot.com/

cool, simple and white.

thanks.

Still have alot of detailing not done on the white walls. Will keep updating the photos on the blog... I bot a batik painting on a recent family trip to Bintan, still finding a frame.. haven got time to go ARTFRIEND ...

hope to share with you all more photos...

Hi Hello88, you may like to update the members with the blog beside it..

e.g YUNLTH http://whitetreepart2.blogspot.com

:notti:

hi Yuntlh,

yeap yeap, my hse is the blk next to SPC ;)

henor, was also joking with my frds saying i am enjoying condo facilities at HDB price. hahahhaa :D