Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
snappy

About Altar

Where is the best place to have my Guanyin blessed. Must 2 different gods be separated? Or can they be put together?

If I only got one space for an altar, what must I do? Thank Q

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Where is the best place to have my Guanyin blessed. Must 2 different gods be separated? Or can they be put together?

1. any taoist monk or thai monk with power can blessed Guanyin. Or you can make appointment with temple to have monk chant and blessed.

2. Two different gods - u mean chinese guanyin and jesus can put together ? or u mean 2 same chinese religious ?

3. if got one space for altar - either buy a bigger altar, a separate altar, or remove one of them and put in temple.

1. any taoist monk or thai monk with power can blessed Guanyin. Or you can make appointment with temple to have monk chant and blessed.

2. Two different gods - u mean chinese guanyin and jesus can put together ? or u mean 2 same chinese religious ?

3. if got one space for altar - either buy a bigger altar, a separate altar, or remove one of them and put in temple.

Haha, Kalimantan u very cute, how can GY and J ever ever in sensible mind consider to put together, of course shld be the other hor

Haha, Kalimantan u very cute, how can GY and J ever ever in sensible mind consider to put together, of course shld be the other hor

sometimes 2 same religion one also cannot be put together. thats what i heard from a temple.

How to know which monk got power to bless? Any recommendation?

Correct, 2 chinese god together in one altar.

How to know which monk got power to bless? Any recommendation?

Correct, 2 chinese god together in one altar.

"power" is invisible in human eyes. There are no certificates that says "monk A is better than monk B". (To be honest, i am just a scientific person, everything i want to do - must be able to see with naked eyes and prove with evidence ..)

Tell you a real fact ...

In March 2012, I recently took the guts to move my guanyin statue from one location to another, and also change the statue (go to near sim lim area to buy new statue). All these after x years, nothing happen to me. But i took the guts. Even discussed with my wife, etc. I also think who can transfer the "spirit" from old statue to new statue ...(u know ah ...people say "invite god easy, send god away difficult)

Am i better now ? I don't know. Nothing bad happen so far, except creating more space in the living room. My family and job all ok. I don't buy 4d/toto etc so nothing happen to my gambling luck.

Now a bit of this process since most of you might be interested.

a) bought a new urn - added with some fengshui coins and some beans, transfer old "powder" to new urn. Place in front of guanyin and let it stay there permanently

b) bought a new guanyin statuue - with more color on the face, eyes open, etc

That is all i can say so far. Let me know if u have more questions

What I heard is, some Taoist gods don't go together

If you have ever stepped into a Taoist temple before, you will have noticed that there is in fact 满天神佛 on their altar.

It's really no-holds-barred. 大伯公,法祖公,玄天上帝,三太子,关帝公。。just to name a few.

Feel free to put as many deities as you like on the altar as long as you don't forget to make offerings to them.

If you have ever stepped into a Taoist temple before, you will have noticed that there is in fact 满天神佛 on their altar.

It's really no-holds-barred. 大伯公,法祖公,玄天上帝,三太子,关帝公。。just to name a few.

Feel free to put as many deities as you like on the altar as long as you don't forget to make offerings to them.

Put all on the altar together???? I thought they got rankingzzzzz?

Hi snappy,

I hope that my comment hasn't run in too late as a reference.

U might wish to consult the Taoist priests at the following temple becox they should be able to advise you accordingly:

Lorong Koo Chye Sheng Hong Temple

No. 15 Arumugam Road

Singapore 409960

tel: 6-744-3187

(website address: www.shtemple.org.sg)

best wishes!

Hi snappy,

I hope that my comment hasn't run in too late as a reference.

U might wish to consult the Taoist priests at the following temple becox they should be able to advise you accordingly:

Lorong Koo Chye Sheng Hong Temple

No. 15 Arumugam Road

Singapore 409960

tel: 6-744-3187

(website address: www.shtemple.org.sg)

best wishes!

Hi, seems like you know much about temples. Can give opinion on necessity of altar? When must place altar at home. When house is dim using dark colors, is it good to have altar?

Hi, seems like you know much about temples. Can give opinion on necessity of altar? When must place altar at home. When house is dim using dark colors, is it good to have altar?

I'm a regular devotee at the seng hong temple @ Arumugam Road but I wouldn't say that I know alot about temples - thanks for paying me such a flattering compliment. :rolleyes:

The necessity of an altar or a shrine at home is for the purpose of prayers from my perspective.

Is there a special reason why U had concerns over having an altar at home?

Edited by edenstrauss

Put all on the altar together???? I thought they got rankingzzzzz?

Not so sure about the ranking.

From what I have gathered, Guan Yin always sits in the middle flanked by the Taoist deities.

Should there be only two deities on the altar, then the Taoist deity should always be on Guan Yin's left side. The right side is reserved for the ancestral tablet.

• Like 1