Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

We went to choose flooring today.

We should be using these tiles for the whole house for the illusion of bigger space and continuity. It has the most beautiful wood-grain and shade that I love.

7227410336_c1a70a2479_z.jpg

And the best thing about it? The price! Cheap and wallet-friendly.

7227411294_c2a752c364_z.jpg

7227412198_685b573675_z.jpg

Love the mosaic and wondering if we could do a strip below our mirror in the common bathroom.

7227404674_dbb70f133d_z.jpg

For the feature wall in the common bathroom.

7227403210_6000ba44b5_z.jpg

For the feature wall in the MBR toilet.

Hopefully can finalize everything and start renovation soon! :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We went to choose flooring today.

We should be using these tiles for the whole house for the illusion of bigger space and continuity. It has the most beautiful wood-grain and shade that I love.

7227410336_c1a70a2479_z.jpg

And the best thing about it? The price! Cheap and wallet-friendly.

7227411294_c2a752c364_z.jpg

7227412198_685b573675_z.jpg

Love the mosaic and wondering if we could do a strip below our mirror in the common bathroom.

7227404674_dbb70f133d_z.jpg

For the feature wall in the common bathroom.

7227403210_6000ba44b5_z.jpg

For the feature wall in the MBR toilet.

Hopefully can finalize everything and start renovation soon! :sport-smiley-004:

Congratulation nice houseYou got a nice colour lamination, can you pls let me know the brand of your floor lamination. Looking forward to see more beautiful pictures of your new nest. Thank you.

Congratulation nice houseYou got a nice colour lamination, can you pls let me know the brand of your floor lamination. Looking forward to see more beautiful pictures of your new nest. Thank you.

hello! they are not laminates..i dislike laminates because of the feel when you step on it..doesn't feel solid to me..

as i wanted wood color and same flooring for the whole house, i considered bamboo or parquet but both were not recommended for kitchen..i also considered high-end resilient flooring which is similar to laminate but waterproof, but water may seep through the click system causing mould..

i end up going for the most practical (and durable) flooring - good old traditional tiles! good for future when kids push toys around..i'm surprised that there is a lot of selection for wood-grained tiles now..it only cost $2.60psf..u can drop by soon bee huat near IMM.. :thumbs up:

I like the wood-grain floor tiles. If I see this, I will also choose this. However, there is a concern for grouting. Did your ID/Contractor explain how he will lay the tiles? Will there be obvious grout lines between the floor tiles? How to minimize the ugliness when do grouting?

Hi I'm very keen on having a scandi home too and am in the midst of sourcing a contractor. It'll be lovely if you could pm me your contractor details and quote. Thank u so much!

I like the wood-grain floor tiles. If I see this, I will also choose this. However, there is a concern for grouting. Did your ID/Contractor explain how he will lay the tiles? Will there be obvious grout lines between the floor tiles? How to minimize the ugliness when do grouting?

we were also abit worried about that..but we've seen other places doing it, and it looks acceptable to us..since we wanted the wood look, but also want durable and less problems, we chose this..i think the tiler matters..i've seen my contractor's mosaic and tiny honeycomb tiles, he should be able to help us achieve the look ba! :dancingqueen:

Hi, can share how much u are quoted for doing the flooring with the tiles u selected? :rolleyes: My flat size is the same as yours..wanted a rough idea as I know homogenous tiles 60x60 @ 3.20psf cost around 6K to do the whole hse but exclude bay windows, kitchen, toilets, service yard and bomb shelter. The wood tiles looks interesting, may consider doing it :D

Are u having the same wood tiles at ur bay window? U are doing the kitchen, living, hallway and all bedrooms flooring with the same wood tiles right?

Hi, can share how much u are quoted for doing the flooring with the tiles u selected? :rolleyes: My flat size is the same as yours..wanted a rough idea as I know homogenous tiles 60x60 @ 3.20psf cost around 6K to do the whole hse but exclude bay windows, kitchen, toilets, service yard and bomb shelter. The wood tiles looks interesting, may consider doing it :D

Are u having the same wood tiles at ur bay window? U are doing the kitchen, living, hallway and all bedrooms flooring with the same wood tiles right?

the tiles we chose was $2.79 (with gst) and was quoted about 6.5k..it's smaller 15x60 and cost more to lay..he's not the cheapest compared to other contractors, but we liked the tiling works he has done..

u can try to drop by soon bee huat, they have a huge showroom with small areas of such tiles so you can visualize how it looks like..alot of selections too..we were concerned about the gout lines, but felt that it was acceptable.. :thumbs up:

We finally got our dining table and sideback today! We've been visiting many furniture shops, in search for the perfect dining table. I love wooden tables and wanted something from Dbodhi at Journey East at first, but hubby didn't really fancy it and prices weren't cheap. We also love Grafunkt's dining tables, but it's really out of budget. White Woods, Air, mountain teak also has some nice pieces, but I settled for a less heavy look instead.

Karell's dining table and sideback from Commune.

http://www.herworldplus.com/shopping/updates/shopping-updates-wallet-friendly-designer-furniture-commune

Commune is also starting their GSS from this Saturday, but they gave us the discount anyway! :dancingqueen: Do drop by, discounts from 5-10% with some great package deals. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by theitsybits

The wooden tiles look good & cheap. I chose laminates coz I dont like the HDB homogenous tiles. Feedbackof the tiles is not that good from my neighbors.

the tiles we chose was $2.79 (with gst) and was quoted about 6.5k..it's smaller 15x60 and cost more to lay..he's not the cheapest compared to other contractors, but we liked the tiling works he has done..

u can try to drop by soon bee huat, they have a huge showroom with small areas of such tiles so you can visualize how it looks like..alot of selections too..we were concerned about the gout lines, but felt that it was acceptable.. :thumbs up:

Oh 6.5K is acceptable, will discuss with my partner and see how he feels. Are you doing ur baywindow with the same tiles too?

The wooden tiles look good & cheap. I chose laminates coz I dont like the HDB homogenous tiles. Feedbackof the tiles is not that good from my neighbors.

yea it's cheap, and most importantly i like the color and grains.. =) we didn't have a chance to even choose tiles from HDB as ours is from SOBF.. but don't think i would have chosen HDB tiles anyway!