Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi all, be aware of this contractor called Ryan Yan from RY interior (see attached pic). Paid him 100% already since he is recommended by a friend and he appear sincere initially. he stopped work at about 10% with several reasonable defects such as installation deviate from design drawings, obvious scratches and wrong drilling of holes. he took several mths and still don't bother clear defects and keep pushing blame on us saying we pick on his work and his quote is very low priced he cant earn much.. come on , he quoted low that his own issue and he don't even bother to supervise his workers resulting in so many defects and wrong installation different from the original design given to him .moreover there are more defects we just closed one eye ask him clear those obvious ones. I heard he is also doing MCST work . Please do not engage him

Ryan Yan

RY interior

email:  ry_interior@yahoo.com.sg

HP : 81881551

Ryan Yan the crook.jpg

ry interior.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Adding these conmen to the list. They represent New Age Construction & Trading Pte Ltd and Genx Construction & Trading Pte Ltd. They have multiple cases of taking payment and not completing the job and not paying their sub cons and workers. If you are currently using them, please do not pay until you are 100% sure they have done the job. If you are thinking of using them, please think again! If you are a victim already, sorry to hear that, you can try to report to CASE, file a police report and make a claim in court.

New Age Construction & Trading Pte Ltd

Genx Construction & Trading Pte Ltd

Tan Chong Ngee, Tony

S714XXXXB

Justin Wong Junwei

S842XXXXG

Jay Wong

Be careful!

Other info:

List of Employers Convicted under the Central Provident Fund Act (27 January 2014 - 31 January 2016)

NEW AGE CONSTRUCTION & TRADING PTE. LTD.

Genx Construction & Trading Pte Ltd was formerly known as LARSEN & TOUBRO ENGINEERING PTE. LTD.

New Age Construction & Trading Pte Ltd was formerly know as NEW AGE CAFE PTE. LTD.

Edited by hho

Hi all, please be aware that there is this scam ID known as Johnny Fong Poh Huat who is going around, collecting money from his clients then stop all the work and just disappear when there are still a huge portion to be done. He opened his own company Vibrante interior design in May 2015 and so far, there had been at least 6 house owners being cheated. He has not been contactable since early Nov and also owe a lot of contracters money as well. Please keep a look out as he may be lurking around and approach you under other company as well. He wears spectacle, is thin and tan, around 40 years old, drives a black lexus and needs to go for dialysis three times weekly. We really regretted trusting him. He always assure that he will complete the job but is only capable of making empty promises. Please do not let him prey on others.

Thank you.

Beware of id ran away name Johnny fong, previously from inspire then to cyrus then now under Vibrante Interior Design Pte Ltd merge with PLLX studio at Oxyley Biz hub!

khenggjoo.... you really buy my heart, please add yourself to my friend list :good: Come visit me sometime let's go for a coffee chat

OK done and added, now we are friends. :lol:

Just to share as well, our ID didn't rectify all the defects that we raised up and got his partner to assist us. His partner only rectified a few and went silent for months.

We are still holding on to the final payment as they just went silent for months. Tried to call us just weeks back we refuse to answer. We are really frustrated especially the main defect on the window ledge which became uneven after they removed the grills and forcefully remove the nails. They tried to get the painter to rectify a wall issue which was not possible. Some things that were promised were not delivered. Design was not as promised but we accepted it.

Considering to go to CASE.

Total reno for kitchen, masterbed room and toilet plus repaint whole house, remove grill and change windows comes up to around 20k plus.

Our original floor were scratched and there were other issues that we had to resolve ourself instead.

I thing there is a need for black and white. Even messages are better than empty talks.

Wah, he dares to cheat taiko of renotalk! :lol:

khenggjoo.... you really buy my heart, please add yourself to my friend list :good: Come visit me sometime let's go for a coffee chat

Hi Home Owner,

Recommend to do a simple business profile check S$5.50 on Interior Designer before you pay deposit. At least to find out paid up capital ? And how long has the company been around.

www.checkfirstsg.yolasite.com

Think i have a better way, just ask the company to provide you the ROC can liao, don't need to pay $5.50 :good:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/customers-left-in-a-fix-by-renovation-firm

When Mr Jai Amir, 35, hired D'Concept Design to renovate his home in June, he thought that he had done his homework.

After all, he had quotations from nine other companies and designers from D'Concept visited him four times to discuss plans to overhaul his living room, kitchen and toilets.

He ended up forking out $43,774 upfront, after taking a bank loan. The work on his resale flat in Tampines - including re-flooring and new fixtures - was to have been completed in August. However, until now, only the cupboards in the living room have been torn down.

"The company kept giving excuses. First, it said the designer was on reservist duty; then, the boss was not around. Later on, the boss himself told me that his contractors had suddenly left him. Then, after a while, everyone stopped picking up their phones," said Mr Amir, who works as a chef.

He met 14 other D'Concept Design customers last month, who were left in similar situations, to decide what to do. The Straits Times understands that, so far, at least 11 police reports have been made and the group has engaged a lawyer.

Since January, the Consumers Association of Singapore (Case) has received 14 complaints against D'Concept Design, mostly about multiple delays despite payments being made to the firm.

Many customers paid in full even before renovation works had begun. The total contract value of the cases lodged with Case adds up to $457,294, with the highest contract valued at $51,000.

An Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority search found that the firm was registered in September last year. It has a paid-up capital of $2 and has one owner, Singaporean Kelvin Ang Yong Hong.

Calls to Mr Ang's mobile phone went unanswered and the company's officein MacPherson was locked and its signs removed. No one came to the door at his registered home address in Yishun when The Straits Times went there last Wednesday.

Checks with Case, the Renovation and Decoration Advisory Centre and the Housing Board found that D'Concept Design is not registered or accredited by them.

There have been other sudden closures of companies in recent months. Last week, 76 couples with wedding packages amounting to more than $130,000 were left in the lurch after bridal salon Sophia Wedding Collection shut. The police are also investigating The Scizzorhands hair salon which left hundreds out of pocket in August.

Case executive director Seah Seng Choon urged consumers to be careful when dealing with a lowly capitalised company. Owners of private limited firms - which D'Concept Design and most other pre-payment businesses are - are liable up to only the firm's paid-up capital amount and cannot be sued directly for company debts.

Mr Seah also urged home owners to refer to the model contract provided by HDB. He added: "While it is understandable that renovation firms may need some payment upfront, consumers should pay only a little bit at a time, instead of a lump-sum payment."

Mrs A.L. Lee, 31, who also had a bad experience with D'Concept Design, said the company even arranged visits to houses that it said it had renovated.

"We saw two or three units, so it gave us confidence that they were able to do the job," said Mrs Lee, who works in marketing.

She paid the firm $33,000 in August to renovate her kitchen and living room but, after making payment, she claims the company was uncontactable. "I thought I did my homework. It's so hard to establish if a company is really trustworthy, and even good ones can fail."

extraction from ST

Edited by lifeissimple

deposit is a standard practice it same goes to others like buying a car or order on line, request is a right word to say, but if you say they threaten....well

it happening to our line also, there's a famous floor supplier that even wanted me to pay in full before they even delivery their materials...what should i say?

is either dont go with them or L L pay them :dunno:

for consumers who don't pay swee swee, contractor / ID still can opt for bank loan...? who will pay for the interest?

but if ID / contractors took the money without delivering anything? i am facing the same as mentioned about that famous floor supplier, just go to CID or CASE then.

but some ID/contractors request or even threaten for money upfront? or say they are tight at cash flow? before they can start work?

are these fair to consumers? no right?

for consumers who don't pay swee swee, contractor / ID still can opt for bank loan...

but if ID / contractors took the money without delivering anything?

ya, i agree it takes two hands to clap. basically, it goes back to integrity problem.

is the same thing, owner should paid up swee swee, hold only when job is not complete.

if they want to start renovation, they should be we prepared on their cash flow problem too.

it needs two hands to clap.