Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
san20sg

Renovating A Geylang Apartment

Went to Singapore expo for the audio house electrical sale.

Verdict: Not worth the trip. Bought nothing. Carpark is super full and parking is expensive.

Went to Ikea & Lush at Gakuseisean's suggestion & liked this:

IKEA:

img6646s.jpg

By san20sg at 2012-05-26

LUSH:I love the stuff at Lush but they were so pricey - $2-$3k+ for the sofas & $1-2k+ for the tv consoles - over my budget even after their 30% storewide discount.

I really like this but this cost $1k+ -

photo3si.jpg

By san20sg at 2012-05-26

Can anyone find this at half the price?

Edited by san20sg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My hubby likes this at natural living:

photo2huu.jpg

By san20sg at 2012-05-26

My mother-in-law ruled it out as it is not child-friendly.

Edited by san20sg

Settled my lightings at life space concept at midview city today, 2 dining area ceiling lights, 3 bedroom lights & 1 kitchen light at about $700 excluding installation. Didn't realise lightings cost so much. The dining sets are mostly sold out.

dining room lights

livingroomlight.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bedroom lights

bedroomlights.jpg

By san20sg at 2012-05-27

kitchen light

kitchenlight.jpg

Edited by san20sg

Good choice with the sofa, if you want a less Scandinavian look, consider switching the sofa legs to these.

Alternatively, I found this source for sofa legs, might want to try them.

Remember to accessorise with comfortable cushions as well! Capitalise on this GSS to check out stores like Robinsons and maybe even BoConcept for cushion covers.

For your TV console, how about using the Besta units from Ikea?

As for artwork, how about DIY framed pressed flowers? Alternatively, purchase art prints from The Wright Gift (at ION Orchard), or even wrapping paper from stores like Prints and frame them up.

As for your curtains, can I suggest that you choose to use 2 layers of light/white sheer curtains instead of the usual day and night curtains combination. It lets in light quite nicely, while shielding you from the glaring sun.

Oh and one last thing for now, do check out Comfort Furniture for your chairs.

Edited by gakuseisean

Many thanks gakuseisean

Considering these as the tv console:

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/90179277/

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/50141187/

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/90159024/

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/30198405/#/80198403

Btw, my hubby really liked the pop art in lush

paintingpromo.jpg

Is there any other place where we can buy similar pieces at more affordable prices??

Edited by san20sg

I've got a suggestion for your TV bench, get 2 of the Besta consoles in black brown (total width: 240cm), add drawers that are covered with the Tofta High Gloss Black drawer fronts, - total cost for the Ikea components should be $360 based on the Ikea website. Then go to an external glass manufacturer to get one long sheet of black-back-painted glass to cover the top (to conceal the seam in-between the 2 units). That should create something that looks quite similar to the TV console that you like from Lush.

My advice would be to hold on the artwork first. If you get a chance to travel to China, there are many stores there that sell cheap(er) abstract art, or even pieces similar to those sold at Lush.

Edited by gakuseisean

Ok noted w put up a simple print first. Do u know where in china??

It's hard to say particularly where, open air markets all across China, malls etc. Not exactly a particular shop, but just look around if you happen to travel to any city there.

Can anyone recommend a good affordable & reliable place to purchase all my sanitary hardware stuff such as shower set, wc, basin, sink etc? Will it be recommended to get our contractor to do all these?

Many thanks,

Louise

Can anyone recommend a good affordable & reliable place to purchase all my sanitary hardware stuff such as shower set, wc, basin, sink etc? Will it be recommended to get our contractor to do all these?

Many thanks,

Louise

Lighting,sanitary wares go to Lite Fusion at Upper Serangoon look for Marcus

Lots of bro/sis brought from him

Go check it out :sport-smiley-004:

Hi, my blog is 1 roof 3 generations. Haven't had time to take pics & write the review, so just share with u here 1st.

I was not keen on the china made ones like arino, crizto, etc, cos was wary of the flush & the longetivity of the product...when I was in my Gleneagles ward after giving birth, noticed they used Johnson Suisse so I checked out the products at Inzwerk. Quite surprised to find WCs there in range of 170-500. The good looking ones can be bought for 250-400. A typical china brand with Geberit flush is already 350 & more.

Johnson Suisse offers lifetime warranty on its ceramic for both basins & wcs. The brand's been around for a long time so the flush technology can make it without using Geberit. I thought so too otherwise Gleneagles wldnt be using it in their wards toilet!

I had previously gone to other shops but nobody explained the technology like Anthony. He told us how 1piece flush works, the parts, the pub ticks, etc. They do not just retail but install in condo & commercial projects as well so Anthony can share some feedback on the products they carry.

They also sell kitchen & shower stuff there. Just look for Anthony on Sundays or Angela other days. After sales service is good too, I asked for delivery of my kitchen & mbrm toilet stuff 1st. They did so but got 2 items wrong. Angela speedily got it rectified.

Shop is at Vertex & ample parking. If u need more info feel free to pm me. I can share with u which models I bought & the prices.

Many thanks casa & on the road. Can you share with me the models & prices you bought - will drop you a line shortly. Thanks!!

Thanks to on the road, I think johnson suisse wc sounds & looks good. think ceramic basin & is all the same. hopefully can find a good shower & rainshower set that can last longer & more durable.

Edited by san20sg

I can't decide on white or black glossy laminates for the kitchen cabinets.

photokyr.jpg

The chosen tiles are greyish white & dark grey tiles. White or black glossy laminates cabinet will be better?? how about the kitchen top?

Edited by san20sg