Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BusyBee

My White Sanctuary @casa Clementi

HI, nice place you have! my new place is also mainly white. Just wanna find out how do you maintain it? Pls advice... thanks in adv!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HI, nice place you have! my new place is also mainly white. Just wanna find out how do you maintain it? Pls advice... thanks in adv!

Haha, I like your question. Very practical indeed :D I follow these steps - light cleaning daily and thorough cleaning weekly or bi-weekly. (1) I use Magiclean mop and dry wipes (disposable) to absorb hairs and dust on the white tiled flooring daily (Hairs are very visible on white flooring). Then I vacuum on weekly basis for more thorough cleaning.

(2) I use Magiclean Handy Duster (disposable) to dust paintings and decorations on weekly basis. These dusters work like magic!

(3) For white solid surface on bay windows settee (weekly), breakfast counter top (weekly) and kitchen counter top (daily), I use anti-scratch cloth to wipe clean. Just damp it with water.

(4) For leather sofa, MBR PVC leather day bed and PVC leather bed headboards for all 3 rooms, I use anti-scratch cloth to wipe clean on weekly basis. Just damp it with water. And use leather lotion and PVC leather lotion on bi-weekly basis for more thorough cleaning.

I don't have a maid, so it's a lot of hard work, I guess. But my hubby chips in to help with cleaning. And I think the materials that we use in our reno helps - (A)tiled flooring helps with its easy maintaince (B) TV console cum cum storage cabinet in living room and MBR also helps as clutters are hidden away, so we don't have so much cleaning to do on the "surfaces". Just need to wipe clean the cabinet doors on monthly or quarterly basis. © Glass backsplash between top and bottom kitchen cabinet is also easy to clean.

Hope this will help you with your own cleaning :D

can you take some pictures of the bedroom 2? will it be very small after taking up the WIW space?

After putting up the L-shaped partition in BR2, BR2 can still accommodate a single bed and a bedside table for my MIL and comfortable walking space between the bed and bay window settee (600mm in ht).

Here are some photos of BR2 after reno. Didn't take any photo of BR2 after furnishing is in cos MIL is already staying in BR2. Will try to take some photos once get the chance.

Entrance from passageway. On the right is the partition painted white and with skirting added

br2p.jpg

Turn right to see a "sanctuary" hidden from view

br2withbluefeaturewall.jpg

Blue feature wall to contrast against a white PVC leather headboard

br2corner2.jpg

View of entrance from room. On the left is the partition painted white and with skirting added

br2entrancewithaircon.jpg

Hope this answers your query.

Hi busybee

Would u recommend ppl to buy the Ikea pole system wardrobe?

Any review on it?

It will depend on your purpose. For my case, I'm thinking along the line of a temporary arrangement for about a few years. After my MIL has her own living arrangements, then we will tear down the partition and get our carpenter to install wardrobe with doors for a bigger WIW in BR2. Then we will recycle this IKEA pole system in our bomb shelter (currently we only have racking on 1 side of the bomb shelter).

But this system works well for me so far (we installed the supporting poles into WIW false ceiling and it's quite sturdy and can support quite a heavy load) and its white colour suits our home colour scheme too. So no complaints :)

False Ceiling, Lighting Points & Power Points Continued...

Living Room - Uses the T-shape false ceiling as a divider (visually) between living room and dining area

downlightslivingroom.jpg

Kitchen, Dining Corner & Passageway - Before & After false ceiling and lights are installed

downlightskitchencounte.jpg

MBR

downlightsmbr.jpg

First before photo shows L-shape wall between MBR & BR2 hacked away and L-shape partition installed in BR2. Dangling wires KIV for TV console cum storage cabinet to be installed

BR2 & BR3 - Before & After false ceiling and lights are installed

downlightsbr2br3.jpg

Nice painting at yr master bedroom.

Where did you get it.

Nice the nice blends of white.

Thanks for your compliments. For MBR, I bought blue lovely tree from One Piece Painting onepiecepainting.com and cafe poster from The Wright Gift www.thewrightgift.com at ION (the poster came in loose pice, so I framed it up myself).

nice lighting Busybee!

Just to check, how much did your electrical works cost?

My electrical works cost about SGD3,505. I think not too expensive, considering that it includes:

• 37 x lighting points
  • add/shift 3 x single 13amp
  • add/shift 7 x double 13amp
  • add/shift 3 x SCV points
  • add/shift 5 x tel points
  • add 2 x 15amp for induction hob and convection oven
  • install 37 lights
  • install 3 ceiling fans
  • connect 2-way heater point
  • add trunking for future opennet installation
  • hack wall for concealed wiring + plaster
  • labour costs

But all costs including false ceiling with covelight and light holder for whole house; PLC downlights, covelights, ceiling lights for service yard and common bathroom, pendant light for dining corner, add up to quite a lot of money :deal:

My sis-in-law said it well when she said "ideas equal money" ;)

i have the same painting like your blue tree but in green... which is similar to your green as well except its 1 tree, not 2.

I finally have time to visit your blog and saw the painting that you mentioned above. Nice friend of yours to get you the canvas painting from Vietnam as housewarming gift. I also want a friend like that :good: I bought my green painting at about SGD400, cry zz

I like the red bar stool. Something I have been looking for. Where did u get that??

My fav colour is white and red so my kitchen also same theme. Nice kitchen you have!!

Read your blog. Envious of your long island :dribble: Can't do the same for mine cos my kitchen layout is longish and narrow, so putting in an island will make my kitchen appear smaller.

And now after moving in, I find my kitchen cabinet work top space not sufficient when I need to cook or bake. So I regret not getting carpenter to put in a long counter like what theitsybits has done recently, but level it up to a bar counter height (about 1100mm) at the end near dining corner, like my breakfast counter now. ahhhhhh regrets :bangwall:

Luckily, I can still add this in at later stage if I want to, so not so "heartache" ;)

I finally have time to visit your blog and saw the painting that you mentioned above. Nice friend of yours to get you the canvas painting from Vietnam as housewarming gift. I also want a friend like that :good: I bought my green painting at about SGD400, cry zz

hahhaah..i think she bought it quite cheap in vietnam. i think less than SGD50. hahahaaa... cos initially i told her, not more than 50. so she bought it then told me she will give me as house warming gift.

Read your blog. Envious of your long island :dribble: Can't do the same for mine cos my kitchen layout is longish and narrow, so putting in an island will make my kitchen appear smaller.

And now after moving in, I find my kitchen cabinet work top space not sufficient when I need to cook or bake. So I regret not getting carpenter to put in a long counter like what theitsybits has done recently, but level it up to a bar counter height (about 1100mm) at the end near dining corner, like my breakfast counter now. ahhhhhh regrets :bangwall:

Luckily, I can still add this in at later stage if I want to, so not so "heartache" ;)

ya, i am afraid of not enough work top. that is why i make such a long one. really happy that i have that big long island or else i know for sure, not enough for baking. and i can have steamboat (2 pot) for my friends which is about 25 of us. the island is enough for all of us to stand ard.