Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nexer

Home Sweet Home Feeling

99963A7F-F62F-4A40-BE03-ACB0C478C375-4124-000002EDFB5EBE45.jpg

See the gas pipe at the right hand side? how can i hide it?! :furious::bangwall::dunno::curse:

I had the same issue, where the gas pipe sticks out in the middle of nowhere.

no choice; I choose to box up;

alternatively you can make a full cabinet to conceal the pipe inside.

HDB TO just confirmed that my house has 40amp capacity! Happy!

And also 2nd shipment from amazon has arrived...

F4C6A323-A7A0-41B1-AE8E-0CF13EE7F830-14828-00000ADAADE4FA93.jpg

6FEC7BC6-1476-4B3D-A1C0-78DD4544C7DF-14828-00000ADABD1346E4.jpg

My precious...

I love your loot, I had my share of blurays from amazon as well ;P

The simple-human dispenser is really handy however be warned that it sucks up your 4x AA battery real fast ;P

Edited by dexufto

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Into the 3rd of the reno, but still nothing for me to update (no work for the past 1 week!)

Anyway, yesterday went to Gain City and paid for the following items:

Daikin system 3 (9btu x2, 18btu x1)

01D744BA-0D0F-428E-8D87-7DBC401C4A24-25027-00001290927AADEB.jpg

EF slimline hood and induction hob

008B8A06-DA6C-424E-9C8D-2B0C23DBEDA8-25027-000012908ED71E17.jpg

5C2AD834-3B4C-4BBA-B2C0-CCB54A823300-25027-0000129090AD1152.jpg

Hitachi 1.8l rice cooker

4AAE4146-B86D-4BF6-A3DB-F96FC1274B79-25027-000012909335C799.jpg

Let me vent my frustration here alittle bit... :curse:

This is the 4th week of the renovation and my floor tiles are not even up yet!! :curse::curse::curse:

Basically only hacking works, removal of wires, and tiling of bathroom & toilet wall tiles have been done.

People take 4 weeks to complete their reno, and i'm not even 50% there yet... :help:

Okok, i understand now is yearend period and everybody is rushing their reno thus the shortage of workers...but more than 1 week without workers?!! 8|:furious:

At least my ID is not shrinking his reponsibility but i just want to see works to be done!! Is that too much to ask for?! :curse::bangwall::furious:

And i saw this big pile of plaster outside my place today...

FDF22A53-BD95-45D6-B39A-3FE18128DABE-32201-000018213D09839C.jpg

Edited by Nexer

4 weeks to complete reno, is a bit too fast lah. most of the time its abt 6-8 weeks lah. relax lah, when you need to move in? if not urgent, don't stress your contractor so much lah.

4 weeks to complete reno, is a bit too fast lah. most of the time its abt 6-8 weeks lah. relax lah, when you need to move in? if not urgent, don't stress your contractor so much lah.

Im trying my best not to stress my ID. But everytime he says workers will be here, somethings will crop up and they are unable to come. For eg. This morning he told me workers will be coming today, but just now told me workers caught in rain so wont be coming....sigh...

Im trying my best not to stress my ID. But everytime he says workers will be here, somethings will crop up and they are unable to come. For eg. This morning he told me workers will be coming today, but just now told me workers caught in rain so wont be coming....sigh...

Understand how you feel. We just want at least a 交待...at times it happens...whereby say coming but end up not coming...going to be done but end up still not done...

Once or twice if it happens...maybe close one eye...but too frequent...something is not right...it means the ID cannot handle/manage the workers...you will wonder if his words are reliable or not....

Understand how you feel. We just want at least a 交待...at times it happens...whereby say coming but end up not coming...going to be done but end up still not done...

Once or twice if it happens...maybe close one eye...but too frequent...something is not right...it means the ID cannot handle/manage the workers...you will wonder if his words are reliable or not....

Ya lor...

But ok lah, i still trust my ID as of now. Hopefully no more delays...

if says will come, then should be trustworthy enough to come lah. if this kind of excuses, hhhmmmm....... i agreed with you on that once or twice it happens, then can close 1 eye but too often really make it not trustworthy anymore.

Day 30

Windows are up so were bathroom & toilet wall and floor tiles. Plastering is almost completed.

2B716A11-91C8-4FC8-9A7E-3C3B1D6ADA81-44041-000022A45CDE22D1.jpg

Today should start the laying of floor tiles and some other minor works. :sport-smiley-004:

Lamintes has been selected and frabication of carpentry is starting today too.

Progress has been slowww...but at least i can see works being completed. :thumbs up:

Rewiring and plumbing will be in next week.

Oh ya, the gaincity guys will be coming tmr to install the aircons but my electrical wirings are not up yet, is it ok? :dunno:

The carpenter will be bringing my kitchen sink, hob and hood back to his workshop to take measurements for the carpentry work. Is this the norm practise?

4 more weeks to the expected handover date! Can't wait!! :dancingqueen:

Edited by Nexer

Day 30

Windows are up so were bathroom & toilet wall and floor tiles. Plastering is almost completed.

2B716A11-91C8-4FC8-9A7E-3C3B1D6ADA81-44041-000022A45CDE22D1.jpg

Today should start the laying of floor tiles and some other minor works. :sport-smiley-004:

Lamintes has been selected and frabication of carpentry is starting today too.

Progress has been slowww...but at least i can see works being completed. :thumbs up:

Rewiring and plumbing will be in next week.

Oh ya, the gaincity guys will be coming tmr to install the aircons but my electrical wirings are not up yet, is it ok? :dunno:

The carpenter will be bringing my kitchen sink, hob and hood back to his workshop to take measurements for the carpentry work. Is this the norm practise?

4 more weeks to the expected handover date! Can't wait!! :dancingqueen:

Y need to bring physical stuffs for measurement?? My contractor just took the dimension from the catalog and then send the drawings to the carpentry. My carpentry will come this week and hobs come tomorrow, then he said all will be fitted to the cabinet.

Y need to bring physical stuffs for measurement?? My contractor just took the dimension from the catalog and then send the drawings to the carpentry. My carpentry will come this week and hobs come tomorrow, then he said all will be fitted to the cabinet.

He said that it will be more accurate if te measurement is based on the actual product rather than the catalog.

Anyway, can anyone enlighten me on what is abs trimming? My ID will be doing up abs on all doors and drawers but not on the edges of carpentry. Instead he will paint the edges with matching colour to the laminates.

Is this ok or i shld just go with abs for the edges too?

He said that it will be more accurate if te measurement is based on the actual product rather than the catalog.

Anyway, can anyone enlighten me on what is abs trimming? My ID will be doing up abs on all doors and drawers but not on the edges of carpentry. Instead he will paint the edges with matching colour to the laminates.

Is this ok or i shld just go with abs for the edges too?

You can actually google it. ABS stands for acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene. Good for impact resistance so guess it's to protect the wood. Think it's very hard to do it on the edges of carpentry as it is a very thin line. I have seen quite a few "ugly" edges after visiting some homes so you can keep that in mind.

You can actually google it. ABS stands for acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene. Good for impact resistance so guess it's to protect the wood. Think it's very hard to do it on the edges of carpentry as it is a very thin line. I have seen quite a few "ugly" edges after visiting some homes so you can keep that in mind.

Thanks jasdy. Have confirmed with my ID that the abs trimming would be on places which are more prone to wear and tear.