Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eekenji

Second Home ~ Tampines 5I

Thanks star 70, the size on this unit around 120sqm ...

Thanks BoBochacha ~ u called this username because u like to eat bobochacha? :P

Hi, bobochacha is a fav dessert of mine, but I guess it's a cute nick which stayed with me over the years. Cant wait to see your finished Reno! :) I just moved in 3 wks ago, so I can imagine your excitement to get the Reno over so you can start enjoying the new home :)

Edited by BoBochacha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Welcome to RT.

Noticed a 'fireplace' - are you planning for a baroque theme?

For the washer/dryer problem, I think may be worth considering to buy a new washer so that you can stack. Saves lots of space, and you can hide neatly in a cabinet too, for some noise reduction while watching TV. You may like to refer to this on ergonomics/walking & working space planning: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/what-is-an-ideal-kitchen-configuration/

For a study in the yard, I'll be concerned about the toilets ventilating to the yard, cooking smells, etc. May be very distracting and kinda disgusting to study while someone is in the loo doing 'big' business? =P

IMO a study in the 'playroom' area would be more conducive for studying, as well as to monitor kids next time (errr... Tiger Mum alert). If you 'push' the dining area more to the side, there is still plenty of space for kids to play in the living area while you watch TV - also easier to keep an eye on kids. Just based on my babysitting experience that it's good to maintain a direct line of sight to whatever the kids are doing while doing your own stuff. If you really need a play room (for noise isolation perhaps?), the room that is the planned nursery can serve as one?

Thanks star 70, the size on this unit around 120sqm ...

Thanks BoBochacha ~ u called this username because u like to eat bobochacha? :P

i so like your MBR - space big enough.

Congrats on getting a new place!! i'm also looking ard that area :)

you got the top floor? are you concerned abt any leakage problem from the water tank?

Hi Stinz, u meant u also looking for blk 7xx in Tampines?

This is 15yrs old flat, rubbish chute is centralized .. think the water tank leakage problem has improved for new flat. So far didn't see any water stain the ceiling ...

Hi, bobochacha is a fav dessert of mine, but I guess it's a cute nick which stayed with me over the years. Cant wait to see your finished Reno! :) I just moved in 3 wks ago, so I can imagine your excitement to get the Reno over so you can start enjoying the new home :)

Hi bobochacha, was quite excited as this was my first reno ~ although is my 2nd home.

realized all of ur beds are queen..are u staying with pil too?

Thanks theitsybits, will stay with mom and sister and plan to rent out one of the common room to my friends ...

Welcome to RT.

Noticed a 'fireplace' - are you planning for a baroque theme?

For the washer/dryer problem, I think may be worth considering to buy a new washer so that you can stack. Saves lots of space, and you can hide neatly in a cabinet too, for some noise reduction while watching TV. You may like to refer to this on ergonomics/walking & working space planning: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/what-is-an-ideal-kitchen-configuration/

For a study in the yard, I'll be concerned about the toilets ventilating to the yard, cooking smells, etc. May be very distracting and kinda disgusting to study while someone is in the loo doing 'big' business? =P

IMO a study in the 'playroom' area would be more conducive for studying, as well as to monitor kids next time (errr... Tiger Mum alert). If you 'push' the dining area more to the side, there is still plenty of space for kids to play in the living area while you watch TV - also easier to keep an eye on kids. Just based on my babysitting experience that it's good to maintain a direct line of sight to whatever the kids are doing while doing your own stuff. If you really need a play room (for noise isolation perhaps?), the room that is the planned nursery can serve as one?

Thanks adidaem ... I read your t-blog and your wordpress .. Ur blog made us want to get a EM too. But drop this idea after viewed few EMs as they are too exp for us ...

Fireplace is an idea for tv console but not yet confirmed, want to have something different for tv console .. not really into baroque theme.

Have thought of stacking the washer and dryer but after trying few layouts still prefer stick to current layout. We will try to hide them under table top or cabinet (as example below). Thanks for your tips btw.

Ours is top loader washer, i.e. will try to make the table top is slide-able or can be opened.

pretty-contemporary-laundry-room-design.jpg

We will remove the entrance from kitchen to study room ... for "big business" issue, some of my colleagues also asked the same question .. The study room will be used mostly at night, hopefully nobody do "big business" at night .. if have, there is a big window in study room to help on ventilating .. probably the one inside study room have to go to MBR to hide a while, haha.

Definitely will put a small study table inside the playroom .. the study room will be used when kid has slept .. most of the time, my husband will use study room at night. I have my own laptop can use anywhere ..

Few purposes for the playroom, it also served as a cosy area .. we going to have a bookshelf and bench in this room ~

i so like your MBR - space big enough.

Thanks star70 ~

Before Reno | Floor plan and ideas

Some minor changes on the floor plan design ~ also the design ideas I like to have :

new.jpg

Edited by eekenji

Thanks adidaem ... I read your t-blog and your wordpress .. Ur blog made us want to get a EM too. But drop this idea after viewed few EMs as they are too exp for us ...

Fireplace is an idea for tv console but not yet confirmed, want to have something different for tv console .. not really into baroque theme.

Have thought of stacking the washer and dryer but after trying few layouts still prefer stick to current layout. We will try to hide them under table top or cabinet (as example below). Thanks for your tips btw.

Ours is top loader washer, i.e. will try to make the table top is slide-able or can be opened.

pretty-contemporary-laundry-room-design.jpg

We will remove the entrance from kitchen to study room ... for "big business" issue, some of my colleagues also asked the same question .. The study room will be used mostly at night, hopefully nobody do "big business" at night .. if have, there is a big window in study room to help on ventilating .. probably the one inside study room have to go to MBR to hide a while, haha.

Definitely will put a small study table inside the playroom .. the study room will be used when kid has slept .. most of the time, my husband will use study room at night. I have my own laptop can use anywhere ..

Few purposes for the playroom, it also served as a cosy area .. we going to have a bookshelf and bench in this room ~

Thanks for reading my blog.

Now that I see your inspiration pics, I have a rough idea of the look you are going for. More 'design sponge' inspired ya?

Thanks for reading my blog.

Now that I see your inspiration pics, I have a rough idea of the look you are going for. More 'design sponge' inspired ya?

Yeah ~ Inspired of the mood boards shared by frigginfuchsia, thinking to do my own mood boards :

Moodboard | Foyer

:: Shoe cabinet ::

1343551777-2639384956.jpg

:: Bench at the foyer ::

1343532639-1619622064.jpg

Edited by eekenji

Some minor changes on the floor plan design ~ also the design ideas I like to have :

new.jpg

y dun table in studyroom at window side or at other walls - doesn't seem very nice to face toilets with the germs n stuffs coming from the toilets? just a personal opinion :), how about humidity issue?

Edited by star70

new.jpg

Hi there,

Great layout you've got there and I like your design too!

My layout is similar to yours not entirely.

One thing interesting about this floor plan is you'll get a lot of compliments about how wide your corridor is. :good:

Just a heads up, you might want to check then next time you go back to the unit to have a look at the pipes in the service balcony.

My unit has 2 big pipes running down exactly where you're planning to put a study table.

But my unit is not on the top floor so it may be different. :)

All the best with your reno, I'm definitely be checking back. :sport-smiley-004:

Cheers!

Like your concept. Wanted to model my place with the same theme. But considering the amount of carpentry I need using solid wood, I hv to drop it.

So I have to rely on decors to bring out this mood.

Will love to see the development of yr place.

Cheers

nice~ i really like your ideas/inspiration..

to make your shoe cabinet that way.. you need to use solid wood doors. =)

Thanks thedottyness ~ Will see how much the solid wood doors cost, the alternative way will be using laminate doors -- may be the outcome might not nice already : (

y dun table in studyroom at window side or at other walls - doesn't seem very nice to face toilets with the germs n stuffs coming from the toilets? just a personal opinion :), how about humidity issue?

Hi star70, thanks for your advices ...

As we need the walls to hang our design works, we cannot use the window side.

For humidity and germs issues, we are considering to install suspended ceiling in both bathrooms (we are at top floor so the ceiling is higher) with exhaust bath fan and exhaust the air to outside through trunk.

Like your concept. Wanted to model my place with the same theme. But considering the amount of carpentry I need using solid wood, I hv to drop it.

So I have to rely on decors to bring out this mood.

Will love to see the development of yr place.

Cheers

Thanks Gazingstarz, not sure if we did a lot of carpentry works .. we trying to reduce by buying our own wardrobe instead of build-in.

Still waiting to see the quotations from different IDs and contractors.

Hi there,

Great layout you've got there and I like your design too!

My layout is similar to yours not entirely.

One thing interesting about this floor plan is you'll get a lot of compliments about how wide your corridor is. :good:

Just a heads up, you might want to check then next time you go back to the unit to have a look at the pipes in the service balcony.

My unit has 2 big pipes running down exactly where you're planning to put a study table.

But my unit is not on the top floor so it may be different. :)

All the best with your reno, I'm definitely be checking back. :sport-smiley-004:

Cheers!

Hi whitehousey, are you also staying at Tampines or Dakota area?

Corridor is wide? Ha .. not sure about it, but I like the corridor ~ can hang some pictures or decorative stuffs on the walls.

Yeah, we aware on the 2 big pipes .. we going to fabricate a full height cabinet to box-up these 2 pipes. The cabinet must be able to access to the pipes in case of future pipe leaking issues ..

The idea will be something like this (I filtered the real picture using photoshop as the owners still staying there, seems not so good to put the actual pic) :

1343897468-3557572941.jpg

Need some advices here :

Current unit from foyer to living room to master bedroom was using parquet flooring .. Wonder if we shall keep the parquet flooring or change to laminate flooring?

Colleagues and friends told us that parquet flooring was expensive and last longer than laminate flooring .. But we prefer something with light color, e.g. laminate flooring.

Still thinking if want to save the cost or ..

1343897468-3151659900.jpg