Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dumdum

5 Rm Resale Flat - Reno

Going to have the key end of Sep

No idea of how to start with Simple and basic reno. Dont know what thing to do first and what thing to do last. Any one can advise?

Thinking of doing this

1) Painting

2) Marble Floor polishing

3) Chemical cleaning whole unit

4) Change some toilet bowl, door, some acc

5) Shoe cabinet

6) TV Console

7) Computer table

8) Wall Paper

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

No idea of how to start with Simple and basic reno. Dont know what thing to do first and what thing to do last. Any one can advise?

Thinking of doing this

1) Painting

5) Shoe cabinet

6) TV Console

7) Computer table

8) Wall Paper

Changing of toilet bowl comes first cuz it requires hacking. Then after that painting and wallpaper, followed by the carpentry works: shoe cabinet, computer table, TV console, door, accessories lastly chemical washing and marble floor polishing.

Do note to put protection paper especially for your marble flooring.

:yamseng: ,

Mike

Thanks. It help me alot

Now headache of

Design Living Room

Wall Colour

Feng Shui ?

TV console and shoe rak from ikea or carpentry?

Wow can choose from alot of designs. 5room living + dining should be big. Do some space planning first. Like where to put your TV, Sofa, Dining table. From there then the design.

Wall color is depending on you and your family and also the among of natural lighting from the windows.

Fengshui is also up to individual ba. You can opt to consult one.

Hmmm as for carpentry... Ikea stuffs are not customized so you will definitely see gaps here and there as they are not build to fit. Customized carpentry will do more costly but everything will look more neat. Easier to clean also.

:yamseng: ,

Mike

Thinking of doing this

1) Painting

5) Shoe cabinet

6) TV Console

7) Computer table

8) Wall Paper

Hi dumdum, how old is ur resale flat ? Sometimes, alot of works are required just for a simple reno to have a problem free house to stay in. Just to share some other items u may wish to check.

Electrical works (rewirings, extra sockets/switches, new circuit breaker(if existing is old, it can be a real headache if u do rewirings at a later stage)

Air-con (if still new, cleaning n refill gas, check piping for leak)

Plastering works if current condition is bad

Re-run water pipe (hot & cold)

The above listed including urs should be considered to do first before moving in as these works are going to be dirty/dusty n need space to work with.

The below items can do after move in

Door locks, window locks

Curtains (best before furniture comes in)

Water Heater

As for carpentry works, i agree with what the rest has mentioned, go for custom make.

Already completion but let seller stay till end of the month.

Now start to search for ID/Contractor to go onsite checking, looking for furniture and finding idea for living room and master bed room design.

Normally, how you all finalize the workscope? by 1 contractor or more.

If u prefer a one stop service, an id will be able to fulfill that but be prepared to pay more for that kind of service... An id usually will have contacts for furniture, lightings, bathroom accessories, curtains etc for referral... They may offer to help give ideas on what furnishing to choose to suit the design u selected.

Already completion but let seller stay till end of the month.

Now start to search for ID/Contractor to go onsite checking, looking for furniture and finding idea for living room and master bed room design.

Normally, how you all finalize the workscope? by 1 contractor or more.

Depending on how much time you have to coordinate and how well you are in coordinating. If you want to save money then go direct to all different contractors.

If you want to save the trouble then go look for a main contractor that will do all coordinating work and give u advises on whether it's feasible or no based on your design.

But you want someone with good design skill then can look for an ID. Will design nicely for you then coordinate for you too.

But as you read around here, some contractors are bad and some ID are bad too. Just be careful when choosing the one to do your Reno.

Adding one more point to what may_dream has mentioned, there are also bad sub-contractors around... They may tend to smoke you if you are not experienced ... I have seen them smoked inexperienced ids n contractors...

What different with TV console and Feature wall...

Can we make a TV console without Feature wall?

How feature wall count? ft2?

Tv console acts as a storage place for u to store dvd player, set-top box, etc...

Feature wall , its meant to make that particular wall stand out from plain looking room n also to highlight that area...

Yes, you can make a tv console without a feature wall...

By right feature wall created through painting or wall papers r calculated psf but some ids who like to merge tv console n feature wall together will calculate it as pfr. I have seen some pictures posted in this forum on feature walls, i see if i can link the pictures here...

some photos i found on this forum...

1) this is a feature wall n you can create this effect through wall papers or tiles but little info was provided on this wall n the material used only mentioned coconut husks

p1000461gxl.jpg

2) 3d drawing of a tv console with a feature wall

2w6h0fk.jpg

3) Another 3d drawing of a tv console with a feature wall

img20120706wa0005.jpg

4) Not 3d drawing. Notice anything different in this picture from the 2 3d drawings above ? Pls share your views...

img3018ny.jpg

5) One user posted this section as a feature wall, what do you think ? Feature wall showcasing window n wastepipe ? I personally feel its a misuse of the word "feature wall" on this section.

img1118se.jpg

I have no intention to target or criticise anyone on the above pictures, the purpose is to use it as a reference only... :yamseng:

pictures i found from online design article

Feature wall around dinner area, by painting a different colour n adding a picture frame (the easiest n cheapest way to a feature wall)

mshelley4.jpg

Feature wall using wallpaper

contemporaryceilingmoun.jpg