Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jwsh

Jwsh's Home @ Punggol Residence

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing! Very nice to see the whole process as hubby and I are also waiting for a flat. :)

No problem Karagiselle. It is important to enjoy the renovation process . When are you getting your flat?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Things are shaping up well... Kudos to ur id and her team of workers... :) when's the official handover date? 

Hi Sygnur! Thanks for visiting my blog

My official handover date will be by End Nov but everything is progressing so smoothly that I think by early Nov the renovation will be completed

Nothing beats an early morning shopping!! *from home* and even better when you do not need to pay a single cent. Thanks Standard Chartered Bank! :sport-smiley-004:

8106955568_b7395a5d3d_z.jpg

Looked through my amazon wishlist and found that simplehuman Sensor Pump for Soap or Sanitizer, Brushed Nickel, 13-Ounce 's price had dropped!! Both Acu Rite Indoor Humidity Monitor and Sushezi Sushi Made Easy are on sale too! :yamseng:

For the rest of items in my wishlist, their price may drop during black friday!

Edited by jwsh

Just received my bluray movies from Amazon UK yesterday. These Trilogy movie titles only cost £8.33 :jawdrop: after deducting VAT. It is a crime if you do not buy them :dribble:

8106986439_1ee51cf94e_z.jpg

Alien Anthology [blu-ray] [1979] [4 Disc Set]

The Complete Matrix Trilogy [blu-ray] [1999][Region Free]

Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy [blu-ray][Region Free]

Back to the Future Trilogy [blu-ray]

Spider-Man Trilogy [blu-ray][Region Free]

Edited by jwsh

Hi jwsh,

Other than the hollow Spot on the timber flooring, do u have any hairline cracks on the wall to be fixed? The BSC is ok for u to start some of the renovation work before they fixed the defects?

Also, how long did the BSC take to fix the floor for u?

Btw, I saw you hacked the wall between the kitchn and service yard. Do u need to apply for permit and PE ? How long did that take?

Thanks

Hairline cracks are normal as with the building is settling down. If you feel worried, you can get BSC during joint inspection to look at it. Often than not, just painting over will be fine.

You have to inform BSC on the types of Renovation works you are doing. They will advise you based on the defects you had submitted to decide. They are pretty flexible.

For my hollow tiles, they took a week to fix them all.

You have to apply permit for any hacking. For taking away the SY door, no PE is required. If you have ID, he/she will plan and do all these for you.

:yamseng:

Edited by jwsh

Hairline cracks are normal as with the building is settling down. If you feel worried, you can get BSC during joint inspection to look at it. Often than not, just painting over will be fine.

You have to inform BSC on the types of Renovation works you are doing. They will advise you based on the defects you had submitted to decide. They are pretty flexible.

For my hollow tiles, they took a week to fix them all.

You have to apply permit for any hacking. For taking away the SY door, no PE is required. If you have ID, he/she will plan and do all these for you.

:yamseng:

Thanks for your tips. The info u shared is very helpful. Mine is sale of remaining flat in punngol and the HDB maintenance I dealt with told me they will hack a little of the wall crack line and add some fiber type of material into the wall before plastering and painting it over. This is because the surrounding has many construction going on and this will better take the vibration from the surrounding construction.

After reading your experience, I probably can get the ceiling work ( city gas, aircon false ceiling etc) done before the defects on the timber flooring.

Congrats on ur new home n the reno is looking nicer as each day goes by!

Saw tat u gonna use Nippon Momento for ur MBR... r u gonna DIY or the painter know how to do it?

Whats e cost like? Cos I also thinking of doing it :sport-smiley-018:

Thanks Batman.

My ID went for the Nippon Momento workshop and was taught how to use it. So she suggested that I just need to get the paint ($72) and she will help us to paint our mbr wall this coming Friday. :sport-smiley-004:

if I am going to get painter, it is going to cost like few hundreds additional for the labour cost!

Edited by jwsh

fwah so nice of her ah.... so r u also going to help out? hehe

I found some youtube clips. looks not THAT complicated. but then,

doing it yourself is another thing.

fwah so nice of her ah.... so r u also going to help out? hehe

I found some youtube clips. looks not THAT complicated. but then,

doing it yourself is another thing.

Yea, we are going down together with her on Friday. Well she had tried painting at the workshop so she knows what to do. Good to have ID who is willing to go extra miles to help you save money, expecially on tight budget hehe.

I will upload the painting photos on Friday evening! :sport-smiley-004:

**Update: Painting has been rescheduled to next week!

Edited by jwsh

Hi,

Welcome to punggol community :D

Hope to see more reno pics soon..

Have a smooth reno.

Hi,

Saw that you had InspirationID for your renovation, costs $23K...

May I know whether it is for 4R or 5R renov? How did you find them? (ie.value for money?? good response??)

While we were there to select our flat(balance of sale in July2012), they approach us and gave us a brochure with premisum design package:eg. 4R package for $11388.

Later, when we meet them up to discuss further, to take out a lot of things we don't want, such as:

(1)supply&install aluminium window grills for whole unit

(2)buit-in wardrobe 5ft for 2 rooms

(3)paint all doors, frames & metal gate

We wanted to add in:

(a)2 shower screen with 2' kerb at 2 toilets

(b)Additional 1 ft run for builtin wardrobe with encasement door

©supply & install aluminium sliding window cum casement window to service yard

(d)supply & install incoming pipe and PVC outlet to exisiting service yard (inclusive wash basin fitting labour)

The quotation came out to be $13,868, which is even more than the original package. This surprised us quite a fair bit, as we thought taking out item(1)-(4), should take out quite a lot of $$$ savings, for us to do our required item(a-d).

So, we asked for item by item quote instead of what we wanted, without considering the 4R package.

But eversince, we did not hear from them....

But, still would like to find out from you, your reno experience with them...if you can share with us, thks!

wow.. ur id so good.. my ID help me check the prices.. $500 for my 62sqf area.. same price as listed on nippon website..

Thanks Batman.

My ID went for the Nippon Momento workshop and was taught how to use it. So she suggested that I just need to get the paint ($72) and she will help us to paint our mbr wall this coming Friday. :sport-smiley-004:

if I am going to get painter, it is going to cost like few hundreds additional for the labour cost!

The wardrobe, bedside tables, TV feature wall and toliet's mirror cabinet are up! We will be using nippon momento on the bed head's wall.

[MBR]

8104172968_9e387bbc78_z.jpg

8104157679_883d16f520_b.jpg

8104158473_2302ed1367_z.jpg

[Kitchen]

We wanted our kitchen to feel sunny, warm and calm. This is especially so with our small kitchen to look bigger. Based on my ID's advice , we will use a yellow kitchen mirror backing and bottom cabinets with yellow border.

8104157787_841538b6cd_z.jpg

8104157981_e677e7043b_z.jpg