Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
epiphone

Sharing Star Taobao Buys

Mods, pls advise if I am violating any rules here.

Am thinking of a thread that has pics of items that are purchased from Taobao, to share with fellow forumers.

Can be as large as sofa's, sinks, and shower-heads; to as small as... I also don't know what!

If possible can include price-paid, price-here and warranty period etc.

• Like 2

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yes, I also want to know how feasible it is to buy items from Taobao, especially bulky items due to shipping or taxes etc. Anyone has bought any home furnishings before? :unsure:

I spoke to 65daigou.com yesterday. The operator informed me that for bulky items, u can always cut n paste the TB link and email to them to enquire on the shipping costs. Thereafter u still can reject if u find the total price too expensive. Which I think is a good initiative..

Heard that peeka for big item is cheaper. Ship all together to save cost. If you ship bit by bit definitely expensive.

Some also posted that they would send flat Futniture over. So u need to fix yourself.

the problem is daigou don't reply enquiries promptly, i sent a few emails they never reply :( anyway is shipping really cheaper if you organize spree and buy together? i thought shipping fee is by actual weight or volumetric weight, whichever is higher, they will just charge accordingly. you only save on domestic shipping within china if you buy more items from the same seller but you won't be able to save on shipping from china to sg. correct me if i'm wrong.

Heard that peeka for big item is cheaper. Ship all together to save cost. If you ship bit by bit definitely expensive.

Some also posted that they would send flat Futniture over. So u need to fix yourself.

i'm curious about the flatpack thing too but i don't really understand how it works since agents normally charge either actual or volumetric weight, whichever is higher. so if the flatpacked furniture is heavy they will still charge the weight of the item and not the dimension of the box.

i'm curious about the flatpack thing too but i don't really understand how it works since agents normally charge either actual or volumetric weight, whichever is higher. so if the flatpacked furniture is heavy they will still charge the weight of the item and not the dimension of the box.

Peeka charges you by volume. So its dependent on how big your shipment is.

I just got my items delivered to my home from taobao .. these are the things I bought :

1353041473-3071413191_m.jpg

Hehe .. most are decorative items for new home ~ :rolleyes:

Edited by eekenji

Forgot to mention, I also used the service from 65daigou but I didn't send email to them. I just used their system and paste the link I want, then do the payment and wait for delivery. I know there are some peoples using different service, some are buying the container space, e.g. 1 meter cube is around 200 sgd but you can buy as much as you can without counting the weight.

For my first order, I spent around 200 bucks including shipping cost and agent fee.

This morning, I submitted another order more than 300 bucks which included the lighting and bedding stuff.

Forgot to mention, I also used the service from 65daigou but I didn't send email to them. I just used their system and paste the link I want, then do the payment and wait for delivery. I know there are some peoples using different service, some are buying the container space, e.g. 1 meter cube is around 200 sgd but you can buy as much as you can without counting the weight.

For my first order, I spent around 200 bucks including shipping cost and agent fee.

This morning, I submitted another order more than 300 bucks which included the lighting and bedding stuff.

ur review of the shippings looks good. I will be getting my led downlights from them. hope will work out well..

ur review of the shippings looks good. I will be getting my led downlights from them. hope will work out well..

deviansyh, so far the items I received are ok .. but all also depend on the suppliers who selling you the items. I still have 1 parcel on the way to Singapore. Hope they will be fine too. ...

deviansyh, so far the items I received are ok .. but all also depend on the suppliers who selling you the items. I still have 1 parcel on the way to Singapore. Hope they will be fine too. ...

any idea which supplier should i look out for for getting the downlights?

Thanks..

any idea which supplier should i look out for for getting the downlights?

Thanks..

deviansyh, I didn't purchase downlights from taobao, can't help you on this one.

Sharing some of the decorative stuffs purchased from taobao :

1354581426-2096358701_n.jpg