Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
v4xystar

Mi Casa @ Punggol Nautilus

Hi everyone,

After stalking all the nice blogs here for information for 1 year plus, finally now is my turn to share too! :)

Got my keys with my beloved lady in end September and renovation started on 8 October

Firstly, our house photos:

Living Area

LivingArea-1.jpg

Kitchen

KitchenArea.jpg

Service Yard

ServiceYard.jpg

Bedroom 1

ParentsRoom.jpg

Common Bathroom

CommonBathroom.jpg

Forgot where I saved the picture for master bedroom and master bathroom, lol

New 4 rooms are really small, plus my parents are living with me so alot of ideas got to tone down and take into considerations for them..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After this was followed by the dilemma of whether to choose ID or contractors, luckily my good buddy just started his own ID firm so I decided to engage him for our renovation project as I have faith in him to do a good job and he didn't disappoint us.

We met up over 2 weekends to discuss and brainstorm for ideas as both my fiancee and myself likes scandinavian design, so after the discussions we decided on the theme of modern scandinavian

One of our other headache is the shorter wall in our living area, we couldn't do a feature wall there as it's too short to put a TV over there.. if we put the feature wall in the middle, it would look too common.. our ID then propose something I never thought of,

Here is the finalized layout plan

FurnitureLayoutPlan.jpg

And thereafter, our ideas were done up in 3d rendering:

Kitchen

Kitchen.jpg

Living Area

LivingArea.jpg

Bedroom we didn't do rendering to it, but we are inspired by the below images we found,

Scandinavian-bedroom-work-space-interior-design.jpg

Bedroom-Interior-Design-of-Scandinavian-Apartment-by-Alvhem-600x398.jpg

Really like the idea of using accessories like art prints, quilt covers etc to add the colours into the white space

That's all guys for now,

Will need to search through my portable hard drive for more pictures :)

Harlow xingkia, your renovation started?

Yup. So far done Aircon trunking, electrical works, kitchen base, shower kerb and false ceiling. Will go down tml afternoon to wait for the lightings delivery. u?

Yup. So far done Aircon trunking, electrical works, kitchen base, shower kerb and false ceiling. Will go down tml afternoon to wait for the lightings delivery. u?

Wow, very fast progress..

so far for mine is air-con, electrical work, false ceiling, kitchen base, brick wall and paint work

Haha same same mah. My Id say should finish everything by 1st week of Dec.

congrats.. can celebrate x'mas at your new place

nv share share with us your renovation pic? lol ;p

no problem :)

so what theme did you chose for your house?

Hi v4xystar,

my floor plan is the same as your..in the first place very headache with the shorter side of the wall...in fact, we have 1 ID who proposed us the same concept as your living area...

But we did not choose that design as it might be too bright for us if we were to watch tv from that angle...

Hi v4xystar,

my floor plan is the same as your..in the first place very headache with the shorter side of the wall...in fact, we have 1 ID who proposed us the same concept as your living area...

But we did not choose that design as it might be too bright for us if we were to watch tv from that angle...

Hi tiggergal,

initially we also highlight this issue to my ID so he propose the roller blind from ikea which can prevent glare if the sunlight shine towards the tv.. and normally we are out for work during the day so I guess it's still ok with us..

so which layout did you choose in the end?

Hi tiggergal,

initially we also highlight this issue to my ID so he propose the roller blind from ikea which can prevent glare if the sunlight shine towards the tv.. and normally we are out for work during the day so I guess it's still ok with us..

so which layout did you choose in the end?

in the first place, my husband also told us since we are working in the day so its not a problem but due to i have a hyoung kid at hm...afraid that she might be climbing and view at the window, so we gave up this idea...plus my confirmed ID told me if to place the sofa there, the space will be very constraint plus if everytime i have to watch tv and put down the binder, no wind come in leh...

so we choose our tv console area at the side wall after coming out from the kitchen at least we can have featured wall..i think there is someone also having this concept and also posted pic in fb...

in the first place, my husband also told us since we are working in the day so its not a problem but due to i have a hyoung kid at hm...afraid that she might be climbing and view at the window, so we gave up this idea...plus my confirmed ID told me if to place the sofa there, the space will be very constraint plus if everytime i have to watch tv and put down the binder, no wind come in leh...

so we choose our tv console area at the side wall after coming out from the kitchen at least we can have featured wall..i think there is someone also having this concept and also posted pic in fb...

We took that into consideration too so decided to install a ceiling fan at the tv area..

Our floor plan really limit our choices, it's either this or the other layout

so how's your renovation going? or already moved in?