Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
macuser77

Our Second Reno Journey

Hi jus4fun.

Thank you for your kind words.

We know how you feel as we have been through it.

Taps and basin came loose within a month, drawer was stuffed with cardboard to compensate for misalignment, and Mr K tilers had an enjoyable time hacking the tiles as they came off very easily. Problems are endless with the prior "reputable" firm.

Don't worry bro. 忍 a few more years, and when u can't tahan (like us), do a second round of reno. Though an expensive lesson learnt, you will be more prepared for your round 2 :)

Hi Bro & Sis Macuser77, jus ventured upon ur blog. Congrats on a seemingly smooth-sailing reno! Was especially happy to see that u hv a team of very gd & serious tilers. The black honeycomb tiles, OMG so well-done! Envy envy! If only mine was as gd! Looking forward to more pics to come ya! Cheers! :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all.

Need your valuable inputs on these, which has been troubling me for the the past 1 week : :help:

1) To keep it as it is ? (service yard)

20130428_134311_zps3fecf98c.jpg

Mr K suggested leaving the wall as it is. My wife agrees with him as she feels that the place will be too white if the walls are painted white. She intends to hang vintage posters/ signs. But I prefer it white as it goes with our colour scheme.

2) Philips LED lights are freaking ex.

Can ikea LED spot lights fit into the conventional track light brackets ? Philips LED bulbs are way too ex.

Thanks in advance :D

Edited by macuser77

Hi all.

Need your valuable inputs on these, which has been troubling me for the the past 1 week : :help:

Mr K suggested leaving the wall as it is. My wife agrees with him as she feels that the place will be too white if the walls are painted white. She intends to hang vintage posters/ signs. But I prefer it white as it goes with our colour scheme.

Can ikea LED spot lights fit into the conventional track light brackets ? Philips LED bulbs are way too ex.

I like it like this!!! So cool

No money to get second compressor :

The remaining part of the hall will be boxed up with alumninium glass panels. This will be our living area which will be air-conditioned. (Mr.K's workers were hard at work even though he said today's a "大日子 ")

20130501_105328_zpsad80e9c4.jpg

Hi all.

This is nice!!!

2nd purchase from Taobao:

Many thanks to the forummers here, my wife and I have discovered the lovely world of Taobao. Our first purchase was pendant lights and photo frames (which are dirt cheap compared to Ikea). Prices are attractive as we couldn't afford the original designer ones. Next headache was track lights. We were looking around heartland shops, noted not much price difference. Average is $40-$45 per LED. I guess we're still living in stone age, where 40++ for a bulb is a no-no. And so its back to Taobao:

20130501_184236_zps49ef4dfe.jpg

20130501_184245_zpsf2eef791.jpg

To those who are expert in Taobao, is the price reasonable ? Thanks in advance :)

Edited by macuser77

Hi all.

Hi jus4fun.

Thank you for your kind words.

We know how you feel as we have been through it.

Taps and basin came loose within a month, drawer was stuffed with cardboard to compensate for misalignment, and Mr K tilers had an enjoyable time hacking the tiles as they came off very easily. Problems are endless with the prior "reputable" firm.

Don't worry bro. 忍 a few more years, and when u can't tahan (like us), do a second round of reno. Though an expensive lesson learnt, you will be more prepared for your round 2 :)

Haha! Tell me abt it! No choice but to live with sm of the eyesore for now lor... :(

Ya 2nd rd in a few more years... still recuperating from the damage done to my bank acct lor.. lol :lol:

Edited by jus4fun

Hi all.

IMHO 听老婆的话就对了for this... :) (must read ur posts carefully bcos dunno bro or sis speaking.. hee hee! :lol:)

wa the way u describe Mr K's workers , i know ur house will turn out to be super solid workmanship congrats!

Hi mrmerry.

We were satisifed with his progress and works as the previous one was a nightmare. At least we have not seen any faults to date. Maybe we're easily satisfied. Haha

Edited by macuser77