Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KenLui

Before & After Em Hougang (Reno In Final Stages)

Hi All,

I have benefitted much from all the reading of fellow contributors on this forum and thought that since my EM renovaions are already in the final stages, mght as well share what I have right now.

To cut things short, I bought my EM at Hougang and allowed the family to stay one month for free. During that period, my selected ID had already put up my reno permit for processing. I took over my EM in first week Oct and at that time, the time schedule for the full overhaul was planned to take 8 weeks. Mine is a Gen 2 EM with the squarish balcony void.

As per my wife and my request for space and open concept, my ID has catered to building a roof over the balcony and also to rebuilt the study room at the ground fllor (hacked by previou) with cabinets to allow my maid and my mother to sleep below.

Now, the before renovation pictures:

Living_Hall.jpg

Dry_Kitchen-1.jpg

Close-Up_Living_Hall-1.jpg

CommonToilet.jpg

BedRoom2.jpg

Shall forego to post more pre-reno pics.

Coming up next: 3D drawing.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

A picture speaks a thousand words. I shall now post some of the 3D drawings that were given to me. Please note that my wife and myself are into contemporary concept. So are my two primary school kids. The 3D drawings matched what we wanted.

Stair_view.jpg

Living_area-1.jpg

Master_Bathroom.jpg

Now, the overhaul experience. Did not visit the site as advised by ID. Pic sent by ID via WhatsApp. Demolishment before the transformation. Here goes.

Demolishing2-1.jpg

Demolishing1.jpg

Demolishing3.jpg

Coming up, renovation in final stages...

Currently, my renovations are in the final stages.

I shall postand share pics of the rooftop, staircase glass railing and the open concept kitchen (tempered glass next to island hood).

:yamseng:

RooftopWithACandHeater-1.jpg

Tempered_Glass_Railing.jpg

IslandHoodandHob-1.jpg

:yamseng:

Your place is awesomely spacious!

I love the open kitchen looking out into the living space.

Hi All,

Thanks for appreciating.

Just returned from my place.

Shall post more pics later.

After further consideration, will have to custom make one row of cabinets in Master Bedroom just below the row of windows.

",)

Your place is awesomely spacious!

I love the open kitchen looking out into the living space.

Thanks a lot Darnie. Mine is a typical EM 2nd Gen.

The open concept kitchen actually made possible with the extension to the void balcony. There will be a mini Barton with black galaxy. The stone came in yesterday, but work was rejected by ID, as the measurements and visual effects not what he want.

Aside from slight spatial trickery, that set of 3D renders is the most realistic I have ever seen. At first glance I thought they were real pictures.

wow nice stairs u have there....

can post the floor floor plan?

Thanks popcornm3, tempered glass sits 4 inches into space created after hacking the wooden railings. Quite unconventional to u channel as quoted by other IDs.

Aside from slight spatial trickery, that set of 3D renders is the most realistic I have ever seen. At first glance I thought they were real pictures.

Haha. 3D drawings tend to have the polar graphic effect. Will always appear long and spacious. Thats where the challenges are to build them realistically.

I have been good to stick to the 3D effects. I religiously consult my ID on even the type, colour etc of furnitures purchased.

I told him. I got faith in you. I am open to discussion. Don't fail me and my wife.

Cheers.