Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue77

A Place Of My Own!

Hi,

Been a silent reader of Renotalk and finally is my payback time..Apologies of my very poor writing skills or worse spelling mistakes. Hopefully you know what I meant. Firstly I like to give a BIG thanks for all the advise, guides provided by the seniors, brothers and sisters. :yamseng:

I bought my resale 3 room flat about 7 years ago. I didnt have the chance to stay in the flat...why le? Anyway you would not want to hear grandmother's story...so to cut short, I had finally decided to renovate my flat this year. :P

I suppose mostly all the layout of the 3 room flats are quite similar. Here is the link to my floor plan.

http://s1281.beta.photobucket.com/user/blue7713/media/FloorPlan_zps088bae5c.jpg.html

So..now what is my concept/design for my flat? Wow, seen all the great ideas and DIY all of you did up for your flat and keep wondering what I want? Due to budget constraints, I will just have a simple renovation and easy to maintain (just too lazy) :D

For the past few months, I had slowly taking my own sweet time to source for ID and contractors. Mostly are recommended from Renotalk as I have no clue who to engage. Is actually a very, very tiring process and keep repeating myself. So thinking alamak, why not put on recorders and play for them :notti:

These are the lists of ID and contractors that I have got quotes from. Some claimed to be an ID which I really don't think so. I'm not contemning anyone as this is my own experience.

1. 3D Innovation (Price mid-range but no great ideas from this ID)

2. A Home Story (Price too high, W** had claim will work towards my budget but in the end never come back! Who said only ID time is precious?! My time is also precious, ok?!)

3. DX Interior (Short-listed but find him too quiet, afraid no clicks?)

4. ID Note (A new designer who given me quotes but I find her inexperience and though the boss said he will oversee but I had no confidence, so had to drop off)

5. Idea House (No input from S**, just take your words. So disappointed)

6. Inside Living (Designer are not willing to work towards my given budget, so drop off)

7. Summit (A nice chap and willing to work in my budget, quotes promised given in 3 days, shortlisted)

8. IR Design (No news from him, so move on)

9. Unimax (Provided suggestion of layout together with quotes, but quotes sky high!)

10. RenoGuyZ (A nice simple chap and willing to work within budget given, shortlisted)

11. United Team Lifestyle (No news, maybe my budget too low. Do not want to do my business)

12. Vangard (Took quite some time to get back on the quotes, so don't like)

13. DeFong (After one phone call and seen my budget never gets back)

14. D'Trenzo (Price high)

Stories to be continued....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome and good luck! :sport-smiley-004:

Saw that you short listed Nic, good choice! :thumbs up:

Thanks. I have been following your threads so far. Everything seem to be quite smoothly :sport-smiley-018:

Thanks. I have been following your threads so far. Everything seem to be quite smoothly :sport-smiley-018:

Quite smooth lah, of course there were the minor issues and hiccups but can be solved.

Trying to upload some picture of the flat before the renovation start. Hopefully I'm doing correctly.

http://s1281.beta.photobucket.com/user/blue7713/media/MasterRoom_zps78500cac.jpg.html

Anyway, I will not be doing both toliets, main gate & main doors as about a years plus, government had upgraded the units so save $$ :sport-smiley-018:

I will keep the revonation as simple as possible, like not doing any false ceiling. Would love to have ceiling fan but ceiling height is too low for me :bangwall:

Sorry, had to ask a stupid question as I'm quite new using this forum..How to upload pictures in the forum? I only manage to do it using photobucket. Thanks

Edited by blue77

Sorry, had to ask a stupid question as I'm quite new using this forum..How to upload pictures in the forum? I only manage to do it using photobucket. Thanks

Copy the IMG link frm photobucket, not the direct link.

I just learnt how to put photos today too!

Welcome to RT! i'm as new as you.

when is your reno starting?

Care to share your budget for your flat?

I just learnt how to put photos today too!

Welcome to RT! i'm as new as you.

when is your reno starting?

Care to share your budget for your flat?

My renovation will start once HDB approval for the hacking. My ID had submitted the request, so pending lor! :unsure:

My budget range from 27K-35K. Hopefully I can stick to it. Because sometimes I can be frickle-minded which I know is no good. Luckily, my ID is a patient person. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi,

Oh yes, I have not reveal who is my selected ID? I think some of you might have guessed.

Well, is Nic from RenoGuyZ. Nexer and Norman, we have the same ID! :sport-smiley-004:

Mmmm why I have chosen him out of so many from the listing? As I mentioned before, my renovation is simple and basic, what he had quoted are consider reasonable and he is willing to give in and take to my request. thumps up!!

There are some quotes which I had received are lower than him but I think the most important thing is whether you can click with your ID/contractors. Spending such a BIG $$ to invest on it so I must feel comfortable, rite?. :D

Wow! My name also appeared here... Yes. I am engaging him to do both toilets and plumbing while another contractor to settle my electrical stuff and carpentry. Scheduled to start reno on 14 Jan and complete move in not later than 5 Feb. Super tight timeline.

hi

looking forward for more pictures and progress, ur 3rm layout is exactly like what i am going to purchase,a 3rm simplified.