Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi thanks a lot and also for the pm! We are now staying in JW extension but moving to BB soon. Still considered as west I guess :)

I opposite, moving from BB to JW! hurhur

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I got about 5 or 6, but in the end only met 2. :) The other quotations were ridden with hidden costs and whatnot, or the IDs didn't sound sincere enough on the phone to do our business - probably because of our budget. During this time, maybe you can pop by some ID firms and go through your floor plan with whoever's there for ideas and to get a glimpse of how much your works will cost. You can give a call to the contractor contacts I PMed you to see when they can meet you after CNY (sub-cons/workers only begin work end of Feb anyways, the main cons have nothing much in between).

We have yet to meet any contractors yet as our first appointment is only after CNY. At the same time, we thought this will be a bad time for us to pester any contractor, guess they will be busy with CNY handover?

Anyways, we think we will only look for contractors since we know very well what we want, from the color schemes in each room to the locations of the lights and switches. I think we will drive the ID (if any) nuts as we can be quite anal about stuff hahaha.

One ID has contacted us, asking if we need a quote. Still thinking if we should... Basically we have decided around 4 contractors to contact. Should we proceed to get more than 4 quotes? Am worried we get confused and then later, 头大!

We have yet to meet any contractors yet as our first appointment is only after CNY. At the same time, we thought this will be a bad time for us to pester any contractor, guess they will be busy with CNY handover?

Anyways, we think we will only look for contractors since we know very well what we want, from the color schemes in each room to the locations of the lights and switches. I think we will drive the ID (if any) nuts as we can be quite anal about stuff hahaha.

One ID has contacted us, asking if we need a quote. Still thinking if we should... Basically we have decided around 4 contractors to contact. Should we proceed to get more than 4 quotes? Am worried we get confused and then later, 头大!

Quotations are free, if you are undecided, maybe u shld tok to more...

I opposite, moving from BB to JW! hurhur

Serious? Is your new place near to JP? The famous Boon Lay power nasi lemak is located at Boon Lay market...I have lived in Jurong almost my whole life but never get to try this. The queue is just too long. Also the duck noodle there is not bad!

Wonder if it is a good time to 'disturb' the contractors now for quotes but if they are main con as what SeirenGrey says, then I guess should be ok bah :)

Now trying to fix up an appointment to meet 1 contractor @ Bukit Timah Shopping Centre this Saturday. Cant't wait to see his response to our crazy (or strange?) ideas :D

Serious? Is your new place near to JP? The famous Boon Lay power nasi lemak is located at Boon Lay market...I have lived in Jurong almost my whole life but never get to try this. The queue is just too long. Also the duck noodle there is not bad!

Woah FANTASTIC! I love nasi lemak - there goes my waistline LOL. :bleah:

I tried the duck noodle before, not bad! :)

The duck noodle stall is interesting cos you can take any amount of tau geh (bean sprouts) as you like. Let me know about the POWER nasi lemak. Hope it is really POWERful heehee

After rounds of trial & error, I managed to figure out how to upload pics (I hope I did figured it out successfully!)

Here it goes, the floor plan of our first place:

We opted for a 3A due to the squarish rooms. The long & narrow 3NG is a real test of our creativity and both of us are not exactly slim & leggy folks :P

Yo bro! congrats on ur search! welcome to the 3-roomer club & to RT! all ready for ur reno journey? mine a 3A too (74 sqm; urs?) but in the east along NEL. ya! like the squarish & more spaciousness of 3A cf other 3s :) overhauled my 27-yo too last yr. looking forward to ur updates & pics! enjoy! :yamseng:

Yo bro! congrats on ur search! welcome to the 3-roomer club & to RT! all ready for ur reno journey? mine a 3A too (74 sqm; urs?) but in the east along NEL. ya! like the squarish & more spaciousness of 3A cf other 3s :) overhauled my 27-yo too last yr. looking forward to ur updates & pics! enjoy! :yamseng:

We are not just ready; we are bursting with eagerness to start :D Alas key collection expected to be in April so no choice, have to bear with the wait.

Good thing is that we have confirmed the appointment with our 1st contractor this Saturday! He has good reviews from some of the forumers here so we are looking forward to meet him.

74sq m seems easier to work with right? Trying to see if you have a T blog for our reference. Did you hack any walls or the store? We are not doing that cos the store is essential to keep all our big/ odd size stuff.

We are not just ready; we are bursting with eagerness to start :D Alas key collection expected to be in April so no choice, have to bear with the wait.

Good thing is that we have confirmed the appointment with our 1st contractor this Saturday! He has good reviews from some of the forumers here so we are looking forward to meet him.

74sq m seems easier to work with right? Trying to see if you have a T blog for our reference. Did you hack any walls or the store? We are not doing that cos the store is essential to keep all our big/ odd size stuff.

Hi,

From your floor plan, your flat look like pre-fab to me. All the dark lines are structure so you can't hack. I got almost the same layout as yours and just to let you know all pre-fab flat doesn't allow any hacking, not even the slightest wall. You might want to check with HDB.

Can feel for u bro! All the excitement yet the long wait to whacking day! :bangwall: But think +ive it gives u more time to do ur homework & research, review ur needs & wants, & really get the end result u desire.. :) [i regreted a little doing mine with not enof homework (like reading up on RT). if i'm gonna do it again next time, will sure stay cool & take more time :P]

Me no have T-Blog. Thought of starting one but too lazy lor.. :P

I've a storeroom like urs between the LH & kitchen. Essential for me to keep it for bulky & unsightly stuff, esp with folk at hm. In fact, i hacked the original storeroom which was part of LH area) and re-erected it into the kitchen area (as it was a relatively large kitchen) to make the LH larger. Here are some pics to share (or can pm u too if u wish see more). But u see the O/H beam cannot be hacked lor, thus can't put pendant lights over dining table :(

My floorplan

PP145flrplnwnewstoreresized.jpg

Before & after (with storeroom 'shifted')

LivingHall3_zps42b42bd5.jpg

NewLHwstorerm_zpsaa813641.jpg

Hi,

From your floor plan, your flat look like pre-fab to me. All the dark lines are structure so you can't hack. I got almost the same layout as yours and just to let you know all pre-fab flat doesn't allow any hacking, not even the slightest wall. You might want to check with HDB.

I think you are right! Lucky we don't intend to hack any wall but the next question is: if we install the city gas heater, can they drill the pre-fab walls to install the gas pipe to the master bathroom?

(now worried :(

Can feel for u bro! All the excitement yet the long wait to whacking day! :bangwall: But think +ive it gives u more time to do ur homework & research, review ur needs & wants, & really get the end result u desire.. :) [i regreted a little doing mine with not enof homework (like reading up on RT). if i'm gonna do it again next time, will sure stay cool & take more time :P]

Me no have T-Blog. Thought of starting one but too lazy lor.. :P

I've a storeroom like urs between the LH & kitchen. Essential for me to keep it for bulky & unsightly stuff, esp with folk at hm. In fact, i hacked the original storeroom which was part of LH area) and re-erected it into the kitchen area (as it was a relatively large kitchen) to make the LH larger. Here are some pics to share (or can pm u too if u wish see more). But u see the O/H beam cannot be hacked lor, thus can't put pendant lights over dining table :(

My floorplan

PP145flrplnwnewstoreresized.jpg

Before & after (with storeroom 'shifted')

LivingHall3_zps42b42bd5.jpg

NewLHwstorerm_zpsaa813641.jpg

Your 3A layout looks similar yet different... interesting! We were debating whether we can fit the dining table in the living room earlier. Having burnt many, many hours at IKEA, we used their furniture measurements, calculated countless times and concluded: there is no space for a dining table, not even a 4-seater in the living room. We will have to settle for that in the kitchen. A dining table in the living room is nicer especially when we intend to entertain. People sitting there can still watch TV and enjoy the ceiling fan/ AC. But in the kitchen, there will be no TV. We will however, install a small ceiling fan (1 more to clean)!

This is the original condition of our newly-bought place now:

Living Room

8420705364_d92dda45bd.jpgOriginal Condition by Makanology, on Flickr

Kitchen

8419608929_dc51a6147a.jpgOriginal Condition by Makanology, on Flickr

Master Bedroom

8420706194_dab7080184.jpgOriginal Condition by Makanology, on Flickr

Master Bathroom

8419609633_e10b047a74.jpgOriginal Condition by Makanology, on Flickr

Common Bedroom

8420707020_28ecda575a.jpg

Original Condition by Makanology, on Flickr