Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kooky

K's Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thank you, HappyAng. The unit is actually in Mei Ling Street (not far from the Queenstown MRT station) :-)

Hi

My childhood days were spent in Mei Ling Street Blk 160 :thumbs up: It's a very nice place! Nice food at the Mei Ling Street hawker centre too! May I know how much do you pay for your EM at Mei Ling Street? Which block is that? :sport-smiley-018: PM me if not convenient to say here :P

Cheers!So nice to get a EM at Mei Ling street!

Edited by sherting

As a mum to a young toddler, I especially like the environment. Thanks for the re-assurance, sherting :-)

I bought it at $740k and have pm'd you the block number.

As a mum to a young toddler, I especially like the environment. Thanks for the re-assurance, sherting :-)

I bought it at $740k and have pm'd you the block number.

I'm so envious of you....no cov and such price at Mei Ling st :dribble::dribble::dribble:

spikedoll, the timing where I went in to ballot was right and of course thanks to the luck of draw for the queue number :-)

There is an ethnicity/race ratio-filled quota requirement for those who are buying direct from HDB. In my case, theunit can only be owned by either a Malay family or Others.

Edited by kooky

Hi kooky, congrats..... love the location. Hope your reno will be smooth. Do post photos :)

How do u intend to do up the staircase?

Thank you, potatoes.

We will change a few steps of the staircase around so it will have a L-shape look. This orientation will give the dinning area some allowances (e.g. when we pull out the dinning chairs, they do not hit right at the edge of the staircase) to place our round dinning table.We hope to achieve a clean, bright appearance with these materials.

For the railings, we will use tempered glass panel with s/s cap materials but we retained the parquet for steps, rises and landing area.

A sample image of the flag of staircase is attached (to show the material we have selected).

staircasep.jpg

Edited by kooky

Electrical works has just started and in progress!

We did not want to spend too much on designer's switch; just simple and does it job. The contractor has selected Schneider Electric for us and all switches in White.He mentioned that this brand does not has 4-gang switch.

vivaceswitch.jpg

In the quotation, my contractor has only given me a lumpsum on Electrical Works.

electricalcost.jpg

Total cost $4,720

I don't think it is cheap, however, I believe it is not the most expensive?

Edited by kooky

Replacement/installation of windows and grilles permit is approved by HDB.

The only pending item now is roofing in the balcony.

Edited by kooky

Hi,

So you are doing up a roof top for your balcony?

Replacement/installation of windows permit is approved by HDB.

The only pending item now is roofing in the balcony.

Before we ballot for this unit, I heard there are some EMs/EAs in Queenstown but never really know the actual location until we got it :D