Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kooky

K's Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Btw, what's wrong with using tiles for the stairs? I am using tiles for the whole house.

Nothing wrong with using tiles.. Think just personal preferences.. Initially we chose wood-like tiles for staircases but after much considerations we decided to go for wood.

Of coz tiles are easier to maintain and depending on the skills of tiler on how they lay the tiles.

We just bought this set of dinning furniture last year. Feel it would be a waste to discard it, hence, will be bringing it with us.

diningtable.jpg

Your dining table still looks nice and new. Quite a waste to throw haha

More pics of your Reno progress leh

I would like to post more pics, Spikedoll but the progress is crawling!

I went down to meet the contractor with my husband during lunch and today, the roofing guys then came down to take measurement of the service yard so that they can build the structure but it would take a few hours before the structure is up . I can't afford to stay to snap pics as I need to go back to the office for a conference call.

There is still no work done on the staircase, hence, I didn't post any update.

I hope the reno will speed up next week since all the approvals have been received from HDB. I will try to take some more pics by then. Thanks for the patience, 'paisei'!

We went down to select and confirmed laminates for our carpentry works.

It was a good experience to see these stuff in bigger pieces as those shown in the catalogues are just small samples which can be hard to visualise them. We spent about 2 hours before we locked in the colours and textures.

Will post some images shortly.......stay tune :-)

My spouse is an old-fashion school boy......LOL who doesn't like woodgrains , our choices in laminate designs/textures have been tremendously reduced!

For uniformity, we have decided to broadly use this laminate for most of the carpentry works in the unit (e.g. wardrobes, windows recess areas and cupboard).

variousv.jpg

Edited by kooky

Laminate selected for MBR's toilet

Image on the Left- Laminate for vanity area. Image on the Right - solid surface vanity top

mbrtoilet2.jpg

Edited by kooky

These are the tiles we had selected for the 2 bathrooms - one on the ground floor and the other on 2nd floor.

cbrvanitylaminate.jpg

On the left, the laminate for the vanity area, the image on the right-hand side is the solid surface selected for the vanity top.

2ndflrvanity.jpg

Edited by kooky

Leather-look laminate for Shoes cabinet and windows recess area cabinets in the living area.

shoescabinetm.jpg

Edited by kooky

After reviewing with the contractor and carpenter this afternoon, we have decided to use just one colour instead of 2 for the kitchen cabinets, so we have omitted the rose laminate which was previously selected.

kitchencabinet.jpg

Here is the plain Burgundy laminate which we have finalised.

Edited by kooky

I prefer tulips to roses and never thought to use florals as the theme for the flat! but after going through the laminate catalogue, I feel that there are limited choices since my spouse didn't like wood-grain which I am quite comfortable with it at least for some carpentry works. Just not what I expected but there you go :-)