Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ptww85

Voila Design Pte Ltd

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

While looking for an ID/ Contractor , saw their profile online and fix an appt to meet with their ID.

Went to their novena shop to meet the assigned ID -Allan, who seems to be in his own world,totally no idea what his design concept was and different from what i want. 

Needless to say that was a wasted trip.

To those who engaged voila before,

care to share regarding their workmanship? We deciding between them and another id. Tbh, quite like the id coz he seems understand what we want, Just scared once money throw in, all pattern come out lol

We have engaged Voila for our hse reno last yr and it was horrible experience. We have talked to few IDs and we made the decision based on cost and general good feeling towards the ID from Voila.

When we signed the agreement, we requested for 3D drawings. The drawings were seems like "cut & paste" works, nothing resembling our new hse. We feedback to our ID and we knew that they were done by his in-house drafter. No proper communication btw the 2 resulted in we gave up on relying on 3D drawing.

We have started our reno on 3-May-15 and we have told the ID that we need to move in by mid-July. This gave him 10 weeks to work on our hse. First few weeks passed by with little jobs being done, mainly on plastering and electrical wiring. By 1st week of June, we were getting worried with the progress. The ID has came to the job site less than 5 times during this period to check. We have done most of the update to him instead. We were promised that wet works will start on 1st week of June but by mid-June, not a single tile was laid. We kept on pushing him with daily whatapp msgs and finally we saw the tiles were being laid. However, there were so many jobs left over to be done within the last 4 weeks. We were looking for assurance from the ID on daily basis that we were able to move in by mid-July. Finally, all the jobs were being rushed to completion and quality of works no longer first priority to the ID. On the night before we supposed to move in, we were left with a dirty hse with so many things to touch up. We even have electricians and tilers came in the morning of our move-in day!!:curse:

Overall, we felt aggrieved and frustrated by the services rendered by Voila and the ID, in particular, with the money we spent and the 10 weeks time frame we gave. The ID gave all sorts of reason for the delay, from his contractor motorcycle broke down, stuck in Malaysia and cannot came out, his contractor sick, to himself being sick or fell down on other job sites. 

Last straw for us was recently when we have requested for his electrician to come and fix the wiring connection of our baking oven. We have asked the oven serviceman to check and he mentioned that the wiring and connector have to check and change. So we asked the ID to arrange his electrician and he said the appt was 1 week ltr. So we waited for 1 week and on the day before appt, we reminded him and guess what, he came out with all sort of excuses to push away the responsibility. Nobody came on the day of appt and we have to pay outside electrician to replace the multi connector as the connector used was sub-standard and not properly connected. 

We have posted here to share our experience with Voila. Anybody interested to know more, can pm us.

I emailed Voila for a renovation quote and about 2 weeks later i received a phone call from them to go down to their shop to discuss.  After the discussion, the person who attended to me did mention that the budget i gave may be difficult to fulfill but he will try.  Fast forward 3 months later, no news from them.  I can only speculate that they were not able to meet my budget and decided not to take on my job. Funny thing is if they had called me and asked if i can up my budget, I would have said yes.

Good work Voila! You lost a customer just because you don't have the common courtesy to call the customer to inform him that the budget given to you was not possible.  I would have been agreeable to up the budget only if you had called me.

Hello - I am looking to renovate my house and am talking to a few ID firms. I note in the above posts that the general feedback of Voila is positive. But I understand that though the company workmanship is relevant, it is also important to work with a good ID to bring your requirements to life. I was assigned Alan from Voila. Has anyone interacted with him before? Any reviews will be helpful.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Hihi,

I have signed with this company and have been quite satisfied with their services up till now. Actual reno works have not started but the ID has been quite prompt with his 3D drawings as well as constantly receiving feedback and suggestions for us. I feel that unlike some IDs which can be quite persistent with their designs, Voila has been quite flexible with suggestions. Our ID has also shared his experiences with us, so we find him reliable and sincere thus far. Hope this helps with those who are interested to find out more!

Hi Palantir,

you considering Voila?

Used to. But totally turned off by the ID. We dropped by last week. The ID approached us when we are viewing the sample photos near the entrance. When we told the ID that we are doing small renovation for our 4-room flat, we can see the ID sianz 50%. The feeling we had for subsequently clarification with the ID seems like she is entertaining us only. So we left after that.