Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
3Dyms

Mon Petite Chateau @ Bt Batok

Hi everyone,

I'm so excited to start my own T-Blog in renotalk to document and share our reno journey.

Intro - We r a family of 5 plus 3 hamsters and 1 dog. Currently staying in a small condo unit. With my 3 kiddos growing up, my condo unit is too tiny and there is not enough space to accommodate all our stuffs. So we started thinking of an 'upgrade'. But after searching thru countless property ads and going for lots of viewings, we decided that the more prudent choice would be to shift into an Execuitve Mansionette versus a bigger condo unit.

Why an EM? Cos with 2-storey, there will be more privacy especially when we have guests over. I prefer a distinct demarcation between entertainment areas and the private 'out of bounds' areas.

Our requirement was simple: it's has to be an EM, near amenities and MRT and definitely "no-no" to crazy COV's. We looked from CCK to Bishan.

Finally.... we found it! :good:

Sharing my floor plan......

floorplanl.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

As this is my first EM, I am learning lots from reading all the T-Blogs and all the renovation stuffs. Never know there is so much things to cover. Like rewiring of the house, whether to build roof or not at the void space, keep or change the staircase, hack or keep the walls, etc. Even whether can have 2 aircon compressors or not, have to check HDB. :jawdrop:

Having done the modern contemporary style for my 4-room flat way back in 2002 and then my condo after, I kinda tired of this style. So after a mini update of my condo kitchen to the French style in 2011, I realized that I love this classic style so much more. There is something romantic with the wood paneling, curved pelmets, sparkling chandeliers.... :dribble:

So for our new EM, I will be going for the Victorian/ French colonial look. Hope I can keep to my budget doing this style, as I understand it is more costly. :unsure:

Edited by 3Dyms

Welcome to BB!

Thanks!! I'm currently in CCK area. So hopefully we can adjust fast to staying in BB. But I love the CSC there, especially the pool - like mini wild wild wet. hehehe. :dancingqueen:

Went shopping over the weekend and popped by Ecolinks at Park Mall.
Saw this 4 poster bed with matching bedside tables, fell in love and immediately paid deposit as it is on offer.

The bed and tables will match my theme perfectly. :sport-smiley-004:

mstrbed.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms

MATTRESS SHOPPING

Boy did we have fun lying and rolling on all the mattresses. Went to IMM & Robinsons and tried out as many as we could - Serta, Sealy, Simmons, Maxcoil, King Koil, Tempur and Omazz.

After all the bouncing around, we shortlisted down to our 2 favorites - Serta Diamond Suite and Omazz.

As we needed to get 3x Single matress and 1x Queen bed, we capped our budget at $8K. Yes... our 3 gals will finally get their own comfy mattresses so that they will stop sneaking in and sleeping with daddy & mommy. Lol. :P

A good thing about shopping for so many mattresses at one go, the salespeople all work very hard to give us extra perks and discounts on top of the regular ones.

In the end.... *drumroll*... we picked.... OMAZZ! :sport-smiley-004:

Our choice:

Queen Bed -- Frank Royal (3 layer full latex mattress) :wub:

Single Beds (x3) -- Fuller (3" latex top mattress with spring bottom) :wub:

Edited by 3Dyms

Yes... I love all things white. Especially for my new home. There will be white cabinets (kitchen, bedrooms, living areas), white walls, white doors, white ceilings, white cornices, etc. The only colors will come from the curtains, sofa, pictures and other knick knacks.

Guess after so many years of living with dark woods in modern contemporary homes, I just can't wait for a total change. Lets hope I am able to carry off this theme well enough given the constraints I face. :sport-smiley-018:

So if anyone has any advise or pointers, pls do post here. Thanks in advance. :good:

Hi 3Dyms, welcome to B.Batok too. Wish u a smooth and enjoyable renovation journey. :yamseng:

Thanks HappyAng. Yes yes.... Me praying that the Reno will go smooth smooth.

I see your house Reno coming along nicely. Can't wait to see more pics of your Reno progress. :sport-smiley-018:

My contractor just called me. He said the wooden bi-fold doors with louvre that I wanted for the 3 bathrooms are super expensive. It's about $800 including the frame. :o

He recommend me to get normal wooden swing doors. But I scared the space at the door opening is too squeeze for swing doors. So now I'm thinking of getting PD doors.

Anyone here knows if PD doors have the louvre design?

Hi. You can easily find white Alu PD Doors with lourve design. Most contractors should be able to get them for you or you find it at pddoor.com.sg

Hi. You can easily find white Alu PD Doors with lourve design. Most contractors should be able to get them for you or you find it at pddoor.com.sg

Thanks. I'll go look into their website. Meanwhile, my contractor is recommending me to use mirror panels instead of louvre panels. :thumbs up:

All the best with your renovation! May everything go smoothly :)

Thanks summersann. I'm following your blog and learning lots from it too. I especially love your storage under the stairs and the cafe curtains. Great ideas. :dribble: